• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

DCX

DCX
I think the only way to do it is to cut them then sign them to the practice squad week 1 since Madden doesn't have waivers.

Out of curiosity, did anyone find the practice squad the least bit useful?
I had a couple injuries to my Wide outs and I promoted some dude from the practice squad.

I stole a couple players off of other teams PSs .and actually signed them to the active roster to avoid having them poached.

It's a cool thing to have. To be real, most of the players really aren't starter material which is probably why they are part of the practice squad to being with.

DCX

BigAT

Out of curiosity, did anyone find the practice squad the least bit useful?

I never understood why anyone ever thought it would be. There's a reason we have had to enforce roster minimums in the past. Between a complete lack of injuries at certain positions and fatigue not being as big an issue, you really don't need a full 53 man roster for Madden, let alone another 8 guys on a practice squad.

The amount of playing time for non-starters is so minimal and development is generally broken garbage.

To DCX's examples above, none of that would have been any different if those players were in the free agent pool instead of on a practice squad.

In like week 3 I looked around at the practice squads to see if there was anything worth taking and I didn't see anything that was even close to as useful as any of the top 3 FA's at the same position. Since those guys are generally super cheap one year contracts, I don't see a real point to the PS. Wish they had spent time on the FA system instead.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I did my damage to my roster. Think I might have moved one of my drafted MLB's to OLB, and a backup guard to backup center or tackle. Not a whole lot of options.

I post this every election day but since I have no interest in leaving this thread I'll have to do it here. Also don't vote, it just encourages the bastards.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1936/07/04/the-politician

Behold the politician.
Self-preservation is his ambition.
He thrives in the D. of C.,
Where he was sent by you and me.

Whether elected or appointed
He considers himself the Lord’s anointed,
And indeed the ointment lingers on him
So thick you can’t get your fingers on him.

He has developed a sixth sense
About living at the public expense,
Because in private competition
He would encounter malnutrition.

He has many profitable hobbies
Not the least of which is lobbies.
He would not sell his grandmother for a quarter
If he suspected the presence of a reporter.

He gains votes ever and anew
By taking money from everybody and giving it to a few,
While explaining that every penny
Was extracted from the few to be given to the many.

Some politicians are Republican, some Democratic,
And their feud is dramatic,
But except for the name
They are identically the same.

When a politician talks the foolishest,
And obstructs everything the mulishest,
And bellows the loudest,
Why his constituents are the proudest.

Wherever decent intelligent people get together
They talk about politicians as about bad weather,
But they are always too decent to go into politics themselves and too intelligent even to go to the polls,
So I hope the kind of politicians they get will have no mercy on their pocketbooks or souls.

I love this poem despite the last stanza being a huge fuck you to me.

I can get why you think voting for a president won't make a difference, but there may be things that affect your state/city/county that could be worth voting for.

For instance, I have the opportunity to vote out a bigot who passed a law in the middle of the night that caused every major sports entity to pull out any games that are not already required to be played in this state.

I can get why you think voting for a president won't make a difference, but there may be things that affect your state/city/county that could be worth voting for.

For instance, I have the opportunity to vote out a bigot who passed a law in the middle of the night that caused every major sports entity to pull out any games that are not already required to be played in this state.

I hope it comes down to one vote so you can know you made a difference.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think the plan would be for everyone to get to 53 by tonight, advance to and through preseason, and start week 1?

If that is the case, no one can sign FA's until we have a post saying so in the thread.

Now, imagine if 10k or 100k people thought that way. I never got that line of thinking.

? Millions think that way. Plus, the more people who don't vote the more important my vote becomes.

If voting mattered they wouldn't let us do it.

Down to 52 (I'll sign someone before my first game)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think the plan would be for everyone to get to 53 by tonight, advance to and through preseason, and start week 1?

If that is the case, no one can sign FA's until we have a post saying so in the thread.

Is it going to be a free for all with FAs again? Season 1 it was done at a time when east coasters were asleep and more abruptly than the draft yesterday. If it is a free for all can we know in advance what time it's going to be so we can plan for it?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Actually it here goes - after 11 on a Saturday night is when FA was open.

THESE GUYS ARE OFF LIMITS:

LOLB Dekota Watson (Broncos)
WR Jordan Taylor ( Broncos)
WR Jeremy Butler (Bucs)
LT Eugene Monroe

YOU CAN NOW SIGN FREE AGENTS

YOU MUST HAVE 53 PLAYERS ON YOUR ACTIVE ROSTER BEFORE YOU PLAY YOUR GAMES.

FA was opened up after 11 PM on a Saturday night? GG shadow council. Congrats to those lucky enough to have been around to have seen that 15-20 minute warning

I was at 54 in week 2 of pre-season since the trade takes one week to process. Hopefully it cut that scrub and not anyone I needed.

I never understood why anyone ever thought it would be. There's a reason we have had to enforce roster minimums in the past. Between a complete lack of injuries at certain positions and fatigue not being as big an issue, you really don't need a full 53 man roster for Madden, let alone another 8 guys on a practice squad.

The amount of playing time for non-starters is so minimal and development is generally broken garbage.

To DCX's examples above, none of that would have been any different if those players were in the free agent pool instead of on a practice squad.

I think we all hoped that the PS would be beneficial but we didn't have any data on progression or XP gains. Now that we do the whole system is generally pointless. Players on the PS gained under 5k XP for me last season which isn't enough to make a significant impact, and when I had injuries I pretty much just grabbed the best FA I could.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Honestly I wish we would draft at 7 AM eastern. You fucking liberal hipsters need to grow up a little.

I stopped caring about timezones when we drafted at 7AM that one year.

Yeah but c'mon dude a surprise announcement on a Saturday night? 11 PM East coast or 8 PM West coast it doesn't matter, it's Saturday night!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
yq3pM7R.gif

Honestly I wish we would draft at 7 AM eastern. You fucking liberal hipsters need to grow up a little.

Yeah but c'mon dude a surprise announcement on a Saturday night? 11 PM East coast or 8 PM West coast it doesn't matter, it's Saturday night!

Complains about Saturday night stuff, has no respect for people nursing hangovers on a Saturday morning.

BigAT

I figured election day would take atleast one person

RIP ROB

I think we all hoped that the PS would be beneficial but we didn't have any data on progression or XP gains. Now that we do the whole system is generally pointless. Players on the PS gained under 5k XP for me last season which isn't enough to make a significant impact, and when I had injuries I pretty much just grabbed the best FA I could.

PS helped me with a couple injuries but nothing major

Have you all done your civic duty and voted against condoms?

I voted
against medical marijuana
To retain every judge (fuck letting Scott appoint new judges)
Against raising the Florida sales tax, twice
Against solar regulation
Clinton
Murphy

And that's all I cared about.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
You voted against marijuana?

Got to protect his income. Can't have the guvment cashing in on his product, lowering his client base.

what? you know that CA, WA, and MA had to go medical first to get where they are now right?

Is exactly what I was thinking. Medical is the 1st step. Got to get it halfway ok, to loosen the grips of the people against it.

Top Bottom