• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

seattle-seahawk-marshawn-lynch-is-being-fined-200-2-13967-1422054258-6_dblbig.jpg

GG

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
At least there was plenty of xp gained from the sim preseason, as well as a decent game against Bowser. Got some nice increases on lower players, even bumping up that Slow QB I got in the 2nd round, up to a 78 Rating. Now, just hope to build up a pool of XP for him, and spend it on getting him from Slow to Normal.

Anything to get my mind off of that thing happening everywhereohgodthathappened.

It just hit me that we're building a fucking wall...

This isn't real. Im gonna wake up in the hospital any day now because this entire thing has just been a coma.

Birdman02

DT deserves a suspension. No audible moves a DT back 3 yards.

At least Reed was only hurt for the game. Hurt him my first series.
Actually, in one of the plays (or maybe entire formations) the Chicago book, the nose tackle will actually shift back 2-3 yards if you show blitz. It's the dumbest thing I have ever seen, and it pisses me off every time it happens.

Time to turn off my Drumpf extension in chrome. This is no longer a joke. He's our president...

I think that post from Patrick Klepek said it best, I am a straight white male, I'll probably be ok personally, I can't imagine what it feels like to be a minority right now ugh

Even more disturbing is the increasing role religion is going to take shaping public policy with more GOP control

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
After all that hand wringing it turns out my OL is still much better than last year and maybe Rudolph won't be hurt for all but 4 games. Maybe I will actually be able to run this year!

So remember when I told you guys this spring that my childhood friend had taken on the quixotic task of running Trump's Wisconsin campaign? What a fucking wizard.

Two weeks ago internal polls were so positive that the state GOP fired them and brought in a second company. Dude punched his ticket.

BREAD can you play tonight?

Actually, in one of the plays (or maybe entire formations) the Chicago book, the nose tackle will actually shift back 2-3 yards if you show blitz. It's the dumbest thing I have ever seen, and it pisses me off every time it happens.
The reason it bothers me so much is it happened on 3rd and 1. He knew I was running inside and that happens to be the play he broke the OL AI.

brentech

The reason it bothers me so much is it happened on 3rd and 1. He knew I was running inside and that happens to be the play he broke the OL AI.

You're not the first, and won't be the last person this has happened to. It usually has nothing to do with what your opponent is trying to do - and more of what happened pre-snap. I've adjusted a player's zone, tried to move back to my MLB that I play as, and got stuck on a dline player far too often.
I've definitely seen a couple people drop back with non play-called dline last season though. FMT just gave me the shrug though, so whatever.

Cut your losses. Also I don't think it was intentional when I saw it.

You're not the first, and won't be the last person this has happened to. It usually has nothing to do with what your opponent is trying to do - and more of what happened pre-snap. I've adjusted a player's zone, tried to move back to my MLB that I play as, and got stuck on a dline player far too often.
I've definitely seen a couple people drop back with non play-called dline last season though. FMT just gave me the shrug though, so whatever.

Cut your losses. Also I don't think it was intentional when I saw it.

As long as you rush 3 you can do whatever you want.

At this point I can't tell if Drizz is serious or doing a troll attempt.

You sound like you're telling everyone that I knew exactly what I was doing when I "broke the AI" in that situation. Doing something I saved ONLY for you!

I don't even know how to make gifs of or link to a specific spot in the video, but the play happened at about 20:10.

https://www.twitch.tv/york887/v/99965479

You know what amuses me watching this?
I wasn't even controlling the NT when he started dropping back and I was doing the audible. It happened after he snapped the ball.

But besides that, there was 5 minutes left in the 2nd at that point. You had your chances, including your failed FB dive attempt on 4th and inches. I scored 9 points and made some really awful decisions, and if you can't win, that's on you.

This feels super insignificant anyways. Somehow, I woke up this morning feeling more shocked than I did last night. It's really just hitting home.

DCX

DCX
I probably should have not played last night :/

Gg Soka. Look forward to our matchup later in the season. Wellie next!

DCX

At this point I can't tell if Drizz is serious or doing a troll attempt.

You sound like you're telling everyone that I knew exactly what I was doing when I "broke the AI" in that situation. Doing something I saved ONLY for you!

I don't even know how to make gifs of or link to a specific spot in the video, but the play happened at about 20:10.

https://www.twitch.tv/york887/v/99965479

You know what amuses me watching this?
I wasn't even controlling the NT when he started dropping back and I was doing the audible. It happened after he snapped the ball.

But besides that, there was 5 minutes left in the 2nd at that point. You had your chances, including your failed FB dive attempt on 4th and inches. I scored 9 points and made some really awful decisions, and if you can't win, that's on you.

This feels super insignificant anyways. Somehow, I woke up this morning feeling more shocked than I did last night. It's really just hitting home.
I played a better game than you (even though you seem to live in this alternate reality where you whooped my ass) and lost because of that play. I never said it was intentional but it happened it cost me the game where I was about to score my second time to your goose egg (and you started with the ball). Not only should it have not been a fumble it should've been a first down inside the thirty. It was huge. And last page you post you were calling an audible while you were that guy and now it's you weren't even that guy.

Look at my post game post. I put that loss on me and it was more than that play but it happened early and at a huge moment. Was salty all game, and rightfully so. I don't really care, you're an AFC team so whatever, but if a divisional opponent won like this Id be disappointed in no suspension. My Center blocked nobody on 3rd and 1 because of what YOU did and it resulted in a fumble. It'd have been one thing to have settled for a FG because of that bullshit but a turnover really pissed me off.

Drizz, you always say you played better game than me, yet you always come out with the loss. Maybe for once you'll play a better game and actually score more points than I do. Never once did I say I whooped your ass, I'm not sure where you got that from. I'd have been content with a GG game is trash, but nah, you gotta whine to the gods like you do after every game we play.

And last page you post you were calling an audible while you were that guy and now it's you weren't even that guy.

Yes, that's because I thought I was on the DT when making audibles, which might have explained if I did a weird hot route on just him, but when I watched the film I really wasn't.

The funny thing is, after that game happened, I was thinking "This is the only play Drizz will be talking about for days" and indeed I was proven correct.

I mean this guy is still saying "I lost because of that play" even though he had plenty of opportunities to score a TD. lol, fucking joke

I've also noticed the nose tackle thing when you audible to stack the box it does it. It actually fucks me up more often then not because I'm just trying to bring the extra safety in the box not move the tacke off the line!

Drizz, you always say you played better game than me, yet you always come out with the loss. Maybe for once you'll play a better game and actually score more points than I do. Never once did I say I whooped your ass, I'm not sure where you got that from. I'd have been content with a GG game is trash, but nah, you gotta whine to the gods like you do after every game we play.

Yes, that's because I thought I was on the DT when making audibles, which might have explained if I did a weird hot route on just him, but when I watched the film I really wasn't. Which proves that your crusade of showing that I intentionally did that is even sorrier than it first appeared.

The funny thing is, after that game happened, I was thinking "This is the only play Drizz will be talking about for days" and indeed I was proven correct.

I mean this guy is still saying "I lost because of that play" even though he had plenty of opportunities to score a TD. lol, fucking joke

Just like you had the entire game to score a TD too! But then you didn't so the play became even more than a momentum swing, it was the literal difference. I called it out when it happened because no matter how the rest of the game went that was bullshit, when was the last time I posted during a game? Get out of here. But yeah totally blaming the loss on that. And I'm putting words in your mouth? Not sure where I got that from? lol you posted the stats as if your offense didn't have under 200 yards. And you played fucking awful. If that didn't happen I'd just be making fun of you for throwing to your HB 6 times and the top WR 4 times. But at least it would've been a fair game. Your fuckup forced a TO for you, and it's absurd I'm annoyed by it? You couldn't do shit against me on O. Game was as tight as it gets, play was huge.

Well, I was trying to call "show blitz" and when I was on him, he moved out of my control. So I wasn't the one manually moving him. But besides that,

-The guy who would have blocked him ended up blocking him anyways. And my first round rookie hit your guy and caused the fumble.

-You put up 33 rushing yards and 109 passing yards and entered my red zone zero times Your play was the momentum that cost you the game.
This is why this conversation is going like this. It's not about me calling you out it's you digging your heals when you should be saying my bad. This is your explanation and it's
-completely wrong
-very misleading on how tight the game was

I didn't think you'd argue that you didn't deserve a slap on the wrist and then when you did it was just a mouthful of bullshit. Didn't we suspend LBs for "accidental" user blitzes in the past? How is this different?

DJ Bowser

I was hoping I'd have a little bit more time of not realizing what happened, when I woke up.

I got all of 4 seconds until it popped in my mind.
I tried to go to sleep at 2:30 before giving up and deciding to go downstairs. Finally fell asleep around 5. Woke up at 9 and couldn't fall back asleep due to existential malaise.

What a time to be alive.

I'll let the league decide if the DT should be suspended. I'm too tired for this shit and dealing with Drizz today isn't worth my energy. And quite frankly, nobody else here gives a fuck either about a play that took place early in the 2nd Q in a game where he didn't make the red zone once.

Never thought Drizz was this much a whiner but as last night showed, I'm apparently wrong about a lot of things.

Didn't we suspend LBs for "accidental" user blitzes in the past? How is this different?

DT deserves a suspension. No audible moves a DT back 3 yards.

I'll let you figure that one out.

465bf488f201a55c2f4a9e3748341c98.gif

brentech

It's dumb and happens to often. No. far too much bullshit happens for that to be the big issue.
Didn't we suspend LBs for "accidental" user blitzes in the past? How is this different?
Nope. Not since I've been here, and I played lilfukboi when he was trying to jump snap count running in circles from one side of the line to the other.

I'll let the league decide if the DT should be suspended. I'm too tired for this shit and dealing with Drizz today isn't worth my energy. And quite frankly, nobody else here gives a fuck either about a play that took place early in the 2nd Q in a game where he didn't make the red zone once.

Never thought Drizz was this much a whiner but as last night showed, I'm apparently wrong about a lot of things.

http://tw2gif.com/video/465bf488f201a55c2f4a9e3748341c98.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Should I just quote my last response?

Lonestar

I tried to go to sleep at 2:30 before giving up and deciding to go downstairs. Finally fell asleep around 5. Woke up at 9 and couldn't fall back asleep due to existential malaise.

What a time to be alive.

This is almost exactly what I did, except for trying to go to sleep at 2:30. It just kept going. Think I went to sleep between 4 and 4:30, got up and out of bed (eventually) at like 8:45.

Malaise is the right word

DT clearly starts to move back before ph33 is even on him. Has nothing to do with player control.

ggdire.gif
dac15_cool.gif
What audible do you call on third and one that sends a DT to LB? And why the fuck would you do it against IForm?

That hole would've been so fucking huge if my C blocked someone.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Do you honestly believe he purposely cheesed you? That he had this grand plan to unleash on you and was just waiting for the right time to unleash it?

Lonestar

play is 3rd and 2, and while it does destroy the blocking, and looked like it'd be a tackle short of the 1st down, it's also a fumble turnover. What are we arguing here? That it's a cheat fumble?

Bowser, how many shanked kicks did you have in our game? I think I had 1 XP, 2 kickoffs that were way short because the kick power didn't register but the accuracy did (putting both marks at the "bottom" of the meter) and 2 kicks that went out of bounds because the accuracy didn't get registered.

Completely blown away it didn't come up on the 2 FG's I kicked. Worried so much on that is why I went for it in that 30-45 yard line range twice.

Birdman02

What audible do you call on third and one that sends a DT to LB? And why the fuck would you do it against IForm?

That hole would've been so fucking huge if my C blocked someone.
As I said earlier, it happens in some 3-4 plays/variants when you show blitz. It's happened to me a few times, and it usually ends up causig a giant hole in the middle of my defense when all I really want to do is stack the box.

Somnia

CB I'll be home around 6PM CST roughly and need to eat and take a quick shower post gym, but should be free to play anytime after 6:30 CST. Let me know what time works best for you.

DJ Bowser

Bowser, how many shanked kicks did you have in our game? I think I had 1 XP, 2 kickoffs that were way short because the kick power didn't register but the accuracy did (putting both marks at the "bottom" of the meter) and 2 kicks that went out of bounds because the accuracy didn't get registered.

Completely blown away it didn't come up on the 2 FG's I kicked. Worried so much on that is why I went for it in that 30-45 yard line range twice.
I had the missed XP and a punt that was terrible.

I wish you were more comfortable kicking because then you may not have gone for it on 4th and 15 and gotten that TD.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

465bf488f201a55c2f4a9e3748341c98.gif
The DT didn't make the tackle and engaged one blocker. I am confused what the issue is here. Why didn't you follow the FB into the hole

The DT didn't make the tackle and engaged one blocker. I am confused what the issue is here. Why didn't you follow the FB into the hole
Watch my C. He just strafes from G to G not knowing who to block. If my C blocks his man (the DT) then my hole is there, he blocks no1 so I decide, don't go straight up the gut, the FB gets the DT tho. I had no way of knowing who the fb would block since the C should've grabbed his man and the fb should've been free to block the LB he was designed to block. Fb went straight to the DT when play was designed to have him lead block to the right
Even if phee did it on purpose he did nothing wrong
I mean you're right but it's still an exploitable bug that's perfect for that situation. I thought he usered him up there when it happened in game is why I was initially pissed, and then stayed annoyed because of his story changing twice while posting misleading stats about the game.

Im done with this fiasco.

Top Bottom