• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Bread

Banned
So remember when I told you guys this spring that my childhood friend had taken on the quixotic task of running Trump's Wisconsin campaign? What a fucking wizard.

Two weeks ago internal polls were so positive that the state GOP fired them and brought in a second company. Dude punched his ticket.

BREAD can you play tonight?
yup i'm pretty sick so i'll probably leave work early, so let's say any time after 5pst

If anything I think the pinched line affected the AI more than the movement, but despite my protestations towards our good friend Greg last year, without knowing the code it is hard to really say conclusively if something is an exploit.

I mean if you go in practice mode, pick the same plays and make the same movement and record it and it happens 100% of the time then we can talk. But calling out one play, in a game with so much random variance? I dunno.

the C clearly double teams a guy with the LG, he doesn't do nothing.
Lol he does that for like a frame as the other DT runs through him, by the time the ball is in the HBs hands the C is somehow on the other side of the line twiddling his thumbs next to the RG.

Splat

Lol he does that for like a frame as the other DT runs through him, by the time the ball is in the HBs hands the C is somehow on the other side of the line twiddling his thumbs next to the RG.

clearly the other lineman was fine and he went to find more help. this happens in real nfl too!

BigAT

If anything I think the pinched line affected the AI more than the movement, but despite my protestations towards our good friend Greg last year, without knowing the code it is hard to really say conclusively if something is an exploit.

I mean if you go in practice mode, pick the same plays and make the same movement and record it and it happens 100% of the time then we can talk. But calling out one play, in a game with so much random variance? I dunno.

I think we play week 1? Would like to play tonight if you're available.

I should also mention now I'm out of town from Friday until Sunday afternoon. Might have to potentially miss week 2 but hopefully I can fit it in.

I think we play week 1? Would like to play tonight if you're available.

I should also mention now I'm out of town from Friday until Sunday afternoon. Might have to potentially miss week 2 but hopefully I can fit it in.

I should be home around 10:45 est if that's okay, otherwise I'll have to redbox Madden again.

I have indeed. You guys will prosper without me.

did you move to another country?

do you need a roomate?

T0xlAQI.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Watch my C. He just strafes from G to G not knowing who to block. If my C blocks his man (the DT) then my hole is there, he blocks no1 so I decide, don't go straight up the gut, the FB gets the DT tho. I had no way of knowing who the fb would block since the C should've grabbed his man and the fb should've been free to block the LB he was designed to block. Fb went straight to the DT when play was designed to have him lead block to the right

the C clearly double teams a guy with the LG, he doesn't do nothing.

#ImWithSplat

The C goes to double team the lineman then tries to advance to the next level to make a successive block. I think you're not seeing the play properly.I don't think it is a failure in the game's mechanics. It would also be helpful to know what play you called, there are many different blocking schemes hence the different names for these runs. (Assuming Madden even compensates for this stuff)

Splat

#ImWithSplat

The C goes to double team the lineman then tries to advance to the next level to make a successive block. I think you're not seeing the play properly.I don't think it is a failure in the game's mechanics. It would also be helpful to know what play you called, there are many different blocking schemes hence the different names for these runs. (Assuming Madden even compensates for this stuff)

I feel like there is stuff built into the current madden where blocking assignments might be botched. Sometimes I call a cover2 out of a double a gap pressure look (both LBs drop out). I won't change a thing in the playcall or commits or positioning, and maybe 1/10 times, if the offense is in a 5man protect, everyone will block down expecting pressure and dunlap will be left unblocked.

I feel like there is stuff built into the current madden where blocking assignments might be botched. Sometimes I call a cover2 out of a double a gap pressure look (both LBs drop out). I won't change a thing in the playcall or commits or positioning, and maybe 1/10 times, if the offense is in a 5man protect, everyone will block down expecting pressure and dunlap will be left unblocked.

I think that double gap pressure formation is just broken. Even if the LBs drop back, the o-line AI gets confused and someone gets a free release to the qb regardless.

Splat

I think that double gap pressure formation is just broken. Even if the LBs drop back, the o-line AI gets confused and someone gets a free release to the qb regardless.

Man I wish it happened every time, but mostly I get no free rushers and my LBs are late dropping back.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

It isn't broken but you can set it up to get a "free rusher" if the conditions are right.

That's actually just called effective blitzing in the NFL, but the spacing in Madden and relative speed of the players makes it unfair in the videogame whereas a QB can get a pass off IRL.

brentech

Just booked a trip to my dad's place. Will be out of town the 17th and back on the 20th. Just a heads up.
Going to be interesting bringing the baby on a plane.
burn.gif

brentech

Just canceled my DTV service. Not because I'm immediately switching to Vue or Sling, but because we were having issues with distorted image the last 2 months or so (i've been with them for just over 2 years), and they charge for a technician to come out - or you pay a monthly fee for free technician service.
Why would I pay someone to fix the service they are providing me. This ain't a product I bought, the service isn't making it to me clean anymore.

Fuck that. I ain't paying for that shit. They offered me $50/mo for 12 months, but meh.

edit: Sharefactory Update 2.0 Out Today: GIFs, Photo Mode, PS4 Pro Support -- Pretty cool you can make gifs from the PS4 now. You can also pan and zoom your videos

All the Trump stans in my world are now saying shit like "If you don't like it, leave!"

These same fuckers are the ones who have bitched non-stop about how Obama is the worst president of all time and ruined the country.

Top Bottom