• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

BigAT

My wife just got flu shots in stock. Went in and let her stab me.

Emoticon_cool.gif

trying out playstation Vue on free trial for a few days and it's pretty awesome. i might subscribe during football season. i have an antenna where i can get the local channels in HD but sometimes i can't always get the picture to come in without moving the antenna around, especially on fox :/

Has anyone ever figured out a way to successfully get out of jury duty?

Because I've been summoned to appear on Monday morning and well, fuck them and fuck that.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
But beyond that, the Cowboys organization is apparently concerned about the way Elliott handles himself off the field. Ed Werder of ESPN reported today that there are concerns about “a pattern of disturbing behavior” from Elliott.

The Cowboys legend continues

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Because I've been summoned to appear on Monday morning and well, fuck them and fuck that.

You can delay it but you wont get out of showing up.

The Cowboys legend continues

I'm curious what this pattern of disturbing behavior is, because I'm gonna guess it doesn't involve beating a woman and throwing her onto a bed full of loaded guns, and they didn't seem to have a problem with that before

I was summoned a few years ago, but it was during school. At least in MA, I was able to do a one time reschedule and push it back like six months.

I got called again later, but then I got a letter saying they didn't need me anymore.

I was summoned a few years ago, but it was during school. At least in MA, I was able to do a one time reschedule and push it back like six months.

I got called again later, but then I got a letter saying they didn't need me anymore.

I think I'm just going to take the L on Monday :(

here in CA, you call in on sunday night to see if you have to go in on monday. if you do have to go in, then fucking go in. although there are people out there who will tell you they never go to jury duty and just chuck the summons in the trash, don't risk it.

go in, bring a book or 3ds or something, and chill out for the day! odds are you won't actually get selected for the jury but my wife actually just concluded a 3 week jury trial that she got selected for :/

I don't know what you do for a living, but if they ask, just say you're an engineer. Lawyers don't want logical thinkers on a jury.

DJ Bowser

I was lucky enough to be summoned for a cop's trial. Having posted so much police accountability and justice system reform stuff on my Facebook got me out of it after the judge apparently accessed my social media accounts.

Start promoting anarchy now and hope for the best!

Also, yeah... If you just don't show up, you can delay it for quite a while until they give you a final warning.

here in CA, you call in on sunday night to see if you have to go in on monday. if you do have to go in, then fucking go in. although there are people out there who will tell you they never go to jury duty and just chuck the summons in the trash, don't risk it.

go in, bring a book or 3ds or something, and chill out for the day! odds are you won't actually get selected for the jury but my wife actually just concluded a 3 week jury trial that she got selected for :/

No electronics allowed iirc

idk, I was told that I wouldn't be allowed to use my cell phone much at all in the waiting pool area.

Maybe as the years have gone on they have become less strict because everyone has a phone now?

Depends on the court I guess

i dont think its that way anymore. my wife had her cellphone and kindle with her and never said they didn't allow her to bring it in

I don't know what you do for a living, but if they ask, just say you're an engineer. Lawyers don't want logical thinkers on a jury.

I did think about putting down that I was mentally and physically unfit to do this, and then saw all this shit about perjury and I was like ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And I most definitely will not do a 3 week trial, what the actual fuck

Having posted so much police accountability and justice system reform stuff on my Facebook got me out of it after the judge apparently accessed my social media accounts.

dude what?
They do that shit? I don't really post anything on social media though. Facebook is for sports chat groups and to keep up to news about people from the past, and the occasional pet picture

DJ Bowser

dude what?
They do that shit? I don't really post anything on social media though. Facebook is for sports chat groups and to keep up to news about people from the past, and the occasional pet picture
The judge looked after dismissing us for lunch because when asked if I would have any inherent bias, I talked about the sometimes vitriolic rhetoric I've used when talking about those things.

Oddly enough, he gave me his contact information and asked me to come back some time to see how things work from the inside and perhaps changing my thoughts.

Ain't nobody got time for that though.

The judge looked after dismissing us for lunch because when asked if I would have any inherent bias, I talked about the sometimes vitriolic rhetoric I've used when talking about those things.

Oddly enough, he gave me his contact information and asked me to come back some time to see how things work from the inside and perhaps changing my thoughts.

Ain't nobody got time for that though.

That's actually kind of cool of him, but this sounds like a wonderfully great idea...

I've thought about changing my social media stuff, but I don't really care to. I was on my phone when I got a notification about my 6th grade student liking my Instagram photo. When I checked about 5 seconds later, it was gone. A terrifying accident it was for her, but I would have felt the same way if I was her age. Shit, once every few months I look up my science teacher from 6th grade and she is still bangin'.

Nightz

When I was in CA, I would delay it and reschedule for the week of a major holiday (preferably one of the ones where you only have a 3 day work week). They usually wouldn't call anyone that week.

Never been called to do jury duty in MD though.

Anyone else wanna play a game

Also heads up FMT, someone on reddit posted some "recommended XP slider settings" if you want to take a look

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comments/4zqgcm/recommended_xp_slider_settings_from_operation/
Ohhhh that is smart, I'm gonna have to copy that. XP gains are slightly different this year but we'll be able to do it across the board more.

So far I've noticed that cornerback classes don't come in too hot. Not many B/B/B kind of guys, usually only one. Plenty of B-/C+/C+ types though

My goodness. I may end up in a division with LJ, TLBB, and Bowser.

Fuck Phee and Sanjuro!

Don't worry, I literally have one year before Brady, Edelman, Amandola become husks and fall apart or retire.

EDIT: Also Sept. 9th is when the Week 1 Roster Update drops, so I guess we're waiting around two weeks to start.

https://twitter.com/SportsGamersOn/status/768922414327529472

Madden 17 Week 1 Roster Update will be released Sept. 9th. Will have practice squad players as well. #Madden17 #CFMMovement

Top Bottom