• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Romanticize the past? You're taking to a guy who cowardly ducks from his teams aweful roster and then thinks he graciously let me use the fins. You're also talking about a guy who just brought up the guys who upset his Heat 5 years ago. So much salt for one night of poker.

It's like you put up the bumpers in bowling and then talk shit cause I gutterballed. Actually it's like beating you in anything, and then you bring up that time I gutterballed a year ago while you were playing with bumpers in the alley next to me.

Yes Drizz, because the Dolphins roster I was using those years was such a powerhouse. And because I ran and took the easy path by joining the NFC West. Please stop making yourself look dumber than you are.

I've beaten you in Madden far more than you beat me. You're constantly itching to play me and the Dolphins because I have owned you there.That might be the reason you're so obsessed with bringing that up and making things up.

All this from a night of Drizz feeling himself because he won a single online poker game. I thank god everyday for Drizzler, because I wouldn't be able to laugh as much as I do.

remember when madden used to have "communities" online, where you could invite people and set all the difficulty/time/etc. so anyone that played within that community was using the same settings AND it would keep track of your w/l/stats within that community? why did they get rid of that?

once we get to 16 people in i'll generate. i have 14 so far (assuming on a few where i've seen people play and know they'll play in the tourney):

FMT
Greg
CB
BigAT
Smokey
Pheeniks
Brent
Somnia
AZ
Ferny
DCX
Bird
Bowser
Drizzler

Yes Drizz, because the Dolphins roster I was using those years was such a powerhouse. And because I ran and took the easy path by joining the NFC West. Please stop making yourself look dumber than you are.

I've beaten you in Madden far more than you beat me. You're constantly itching to play me and the Dolphins because I have owned you there.That might be the reason you're so obsessed with bringing that up and making things up.

All this from a night of Drizz feeling himself because he won a single online poker game. I thank god everyday for Drizzler, because I wouldn't be able to laugh as much as I do.
Still talking about ancient history. Poker is such a mental game, you lose and proceeded to insult the winners intelligence. Must've been all luck! No way Drizzler outsmarted ph33 in a numbers game! Ph33 this whole thing has been pathetic of you, but If you want to bring up my intelligence again we can always compare SAT scores. My 3 your nephew loses with more class than you. Continue insulting all the skills I don't have and my IQ over a poker game tho. It's a great look for you, bro.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Just saw the news about the GoT composer doing the Gears of War 4 soundtrack and started listening to this one again by him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFK0yG8xG5I&feature=youtu.be

Such an amazing piece of music, one of the best ever for TV imo.

He had some good themes on Person of Interest, and I want to say, he did Iron Man 1.

What is this Draft Champions? Is this the Card scam thing LJ loves to talk about? Is this DOTA?

Still talking about ancient history. Poker is such a mental game, you lose and proceeded to insult the winners intelligence. Must've been all luck! No way Drizzler outsmarted ph33 in a numbers game! Ph33 this whole thing has been pathetic of you, but If you want to bring up my intelligence again we can always compare SAT scores. My 3 your nephew loses with more class than you. Continue insulting all the skills I don't have and my IQ over a poker game tho. It's a great look for you, bro.
Drizz, it was a free poker game at 3 in the morning. The only person who seems to actually care and take meaning about it by this point is you.

And you made yourself look even dumber. Do you realize that as a grown ass man you just brought up a standardized test from high school as some way to measure human competency? You have to trace back to high school? That is so fucking embarrassing. Especially after you're telling me I bring up ancient history.

And Drizz talking about losing with class when he makes excuses for every loss and says he deserves to win games he lost. LMAOOOOO

BigAT

remember when madden used to have "communities" online, where you could invite people and set all the difficulty/time/etc. so anyone that played within that community was using the same settings AND it would keep track of your w/l/stats within that community? why did they get rid of that?

So they can add it back in a couple of years down the road and claim it's a new feature!

See also: secondary audibles, formation substitutions, functional wind meters.

brentech

71340477.jpg

Somnia

Ok for Draft Champions, do I need to go in and make some team first? I've never done it.

Help a n00b out here.

FMT I have Fantasy Football tonight, so I'll be home late (9-11pm CST, depends when its done plus after the gym) but I can play tonight if you're around.

brentech

all you have to do is draft your team. takes like 1-2 minutes depending on how picky you are. There are 15 rounds, you gotta hope you get lots of elite options
last year you could only play it on all-pro, so be aware of that. Also, we should decide if we're picking a new team for each game or just roll with what you got at the start. I think there was a problem with picking a new team too often last year.

Ok for Draft Champions, do I need to go in and make some team first? I've never done it.

Help a n00b out here.

FMT I have Fantasy Football tonight, so I'll be home late (9-11pm CST, depends when its done plus after the gym) but I can play tonight if you're around.

yeah you just go in, go to draft champions, go through the 15 player draft (its really fast, each round pops up 3 players and you choose which you want)

i'm around tonight but the niners game is on at 7 pm pst, so i'll probably be watching that. i could play before that or after!

Somnia

yeah you just go in, go to draft champions, go through the 15 player draft (its really fast, each round pops up 3 players and you choose which you want)

i'm around tonight but the niners game is on at 7 pm pst, so i'll probably be watching that. i could play before that or after!

Will have to be after then as I won't be home, or tomorrow in the afternoon as I'm going to the Cardinals game tomorrow night.

Birdman02

Brent, I only have a short window tonight from about 5:30-6:30 central. I'll be around all day tomorrow though. I might be going to the Rangers game tomorrow night, but that's about it.

Smokey

😂😂😪

BigAT

So, do you play actual football games in this draft champions, or is it a card game?

You draft your team by picking from the various players it presents you (cards) then play games using those players. The remainder of your roster is filled in with replacement player tier guys.

Going straight to Prophets of Rage after work, can probably play tomorrow.

post how it is after. couldn't get behind it without zach :(

So, do you play actual football games in this draft champions, or is it a card game?

its the same game, but before you play you draft 15 players of varying quality to fill out your team. its kind of like a mini-fantasy draft right before playing, then you go head to head with your opponent who did the same (the pool of players are sometimes the same, but most of it is random)

TB Playbooks

-QB D. Brees (85)
HB I. Crowell (71)
FB N. Whitlock (70)

-WR V. Jackson (79)
WR D Funchess (72)
WR S Bailey (71)
-TE Z. Ertz (82)

-LT T Lewman (80)
-LG A Norwell (80)
C N Martin (70)
RG J Cooper (72)
-RT P Loadholt (80)

-FS D Stewart (80)
-SS R Jones (88)
-CB C Bailey (91)
-CB D Breaux (85)
-CB O Scandrick (81)

ROLB S Acho (72)
-MLB B Cushing (78)
-LOLB K Mack (87)

RE R Starks (71)
-DT S Rankings (76)
-DT T Crawford (75)
LE C Jones (71)

Heads up, it's not like mlb where it stops giving you what you've already drafted.

BigAT

post how it is after. couldn't get behind it without zach :(

I'm a big Public Enemy fan, so Chuck D's inclusion was more than enough to get me to go even though Zack is out. Also I've never seen Rage in any capacity (they never seem to leave the west coast anymore), so I have to take what I can get.

Top Bottom