• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

brentech

Feel bad for my wife. I can get a hour or two of sleep here and there. She hasn't slept but maybe a hour or two in the last 48 hours.

Does anybody have two PS4s? If so how easy is it to go back and forth between them with the digital library? It's Sony so I imagine it's not as smooth as it should be?
I have one in my office that I now play everything on, and one in my living room.
I've actually found that to be a complete non problem.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Either I'm getting better at the game or ranked mut players are somehow more terrible than me because I just won my 4th ranked mut game.

Can't wait for our season to start so I can be served my slice of humble pie.

Feel bad for my wife. I can get a hour or two of sleep here and there. She hasn't slept but maybe a hour or two in the last 48 hours.

I have one in my office that I now play everything on, and one in my living room.
I've actually found that to be a complete non problem.

that's the way it'll be for a bit. the first week or two my wife didn't get any sleep, she was always having to feed the baby because she wouldn't eat out of a bottle. finally she did and i was able to help. felt bad!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

just keep your other ps4 for another tv like i'll do!

Smokey

But the key takeaway is this - while the PlayStation 4 Pro GPU lacks the horsepower to render out challenging content at native 4K, the presentation we've seen on a number of titles clearly shows a worthwhile, highly desirable increase in fidelity over 1080p - one that does put a 4K screen to good use. Switching between full HD and checkerboard 4K, the increase in detail is simply stunning.

Hype rising

It's extremely difficult to show the HDR difference via standard media - screenshots and video won't cut it. Secondly, you're categorically missing something special by upgrading to a 4K screen that doesn't support HDR - meaning your choice of display is crucial

And this is currently an issueHDR standard has not been nailed down, and the majority of current 4k HDR sets have garbage input lag when HDR is enabled for gaming. Hopefully it's addressed in the 2017 models. Anxiously awaiting CES 2017.

To slide hold L2 r2 aND psh square

Oh it is one of those dumb precision modifier things? I think I'm just gonna stick to getting sacked in the pocket.

LOL. GOod game man

GG, that toss when I blitzed the middle was the real killer. And all those FB passes off Spider 2 Y Banana. I had a guy on that final fourth down but I mashed square instead of triangle like a doofus.

Can't wait for the roster update so I can have a real FB to run block again.

DCX

DCX
Good draft fellas. I was drafting from my phone app as I was doing my money league draft on the laptop and despite the part where I dropped gor a few seconds and it promptly decided to fuck me, I managed a decent team!

DCX

Smokey

hdr+4k talk got me back into looking at TVs...

I need OLED but I'm thinking ...Samsung Ks8000. 20.9 ms input lag in game mode and 22.6ms with HDR enables with game mode (from rtings.com). They must've just added that in because for a while a lot of testing showed that game mode + hdr was terrible for input lag.

The 65" KS8000 is only $1,800 at Best Buy :eek:

Gonna look over lunch, but a heads up if anybody is looking for a 4k set with extremely good gaming performance.

BigAT

I need OLED but I'm thinking ...Samsung Ks8000. 20.9 ms input lag in game mode and 22.6ms with HDR enables with game mode (from rtings.com). They must've just added that in because for a while a lot of testing showed that game mode + hdr was terrible for input lag.

Gonna look over lunch, but a heads up if anybody is looking for a 4k set with extremely good gaming performance.

I don't know how you can put so much emphasis on a few milliseconds of input lag but then use wifi for your connection.

Somnia

btw AT I'll be around tomorrow night and Saturday afternoon (till about 3-4PM CST) to play our opening game (if the rosters make it out like they say they are).

Bowser I can't play tonight, but tomorrow night after 11:30 est or most of the day Saturday are open (my younger brother and his wife are in town and I'm supposed to visit with him at some point but don't know when, so earlier in the day might be safest).

Smokey

I don't know how you can put so much emphasis on a few milliseconds of input lag but then use wifi for your connection.

Because I get around 150/25 on my wifi AC setup on my PC and X1S, and soon PS4P now that Sony has joined the modern era. It's a non issue with newer wifi protocols.

Ferny

That TV was on sale for $1300 recently. :D

DJ Bowser

Bowser I can't play tonight, but tomorrow night after 11:30 est or most of the day Saturday are open (my younger brother and his wife are in town and I'm supposed to visit with him at some point but don't know when, so earlier in the day might be safest).

I'm available in both of those windows. I've been back to my nocturnal ways so as long as we start by 1am EST I'm good Friday night. Saturday I'd say the earlier the better as I leave for work some time around 3-3:30 EST. Late Friday would be preferable as the Mrs might be asleep and then I will incur no ire!

Somnia

Went in and put $100 down on the Pro at GameStop on my lunch break, don't know if I'll actually get it, but figure I may as well reserve it just incase.

Base PS4 dropped to $125, but it sounds like talking to a few of my friends who still manage there it's going to get a trade in offer later on. I would assume $175 or so.

BigAT

btw AT I'll be around tomorrow night and Saturday afternoon (till about 3-4PM CST) to play our opening game (if the rosters make it out like they say they are).

It will probably have to be tomorrow night if anything. Busy all of Saturday and probably Sunday morning as well before the games start.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Keep in mind that we have to wait for everyone to sign in before we can play any games. So dont get your hopes up for setting up times for your matches on friday.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Keep in mind that we have to wait for everyone to sign in before we can play any games. So dont get your hopes up for setting up times for your matches on friday.

I checked my invites for the league this morning and didn't see any also searched for it. It's not up yet for sign in right?

Somnia

Ugh forgot about that, stupid pre-season crap.

Well AT, we may have to play Monday... during Monday Night Football? LOL

Make it Tuesday night.

I have to admit, I totally forgot that football starts tonight. Every single damn year I forget that Thursday night is the first game.

And what an amazingly great thing to forget until the day of.

2k is not letting me skip any of this prelude video and I'm having to hear Kobe Bryant talk more than I care for

I'm available in both of those windows. I've been back to my nocturnal ways so as long as we start by 1am EST I'm good Friday night. Saturday I'd say the earlier the better as I leave for work some time around 3-3:30 EST. Late Friday would be preferable as the Mrs might be asleep and then I will incur no ire!

Late Friday is fine. I usually go out on Saturdays as I'm too worn out for Fridays.

If all the rosters are down to 53 people already, why do we have to wait again?

here is the process (so far in my testing!) of creating a league.

1. i create the league. i am the sole human player in the league at that time
2. when i create the league, i have the option to "start at regular season week 1" or start at pre-season week 1
3. if i start at regular season week 1, those other 31 computer teams do all kinds of transactions. signing players, cutting players, etc. there is nothing i can do to prevent this.

now, the one thing i will test once the 53 is up is if the CPU will still do those things even if there are "only" 53 players on the team. i don't know what will happen. i also dont know if tiburon by default also did the real practice squad teams or how they handle that.

so the problem is people potentially losing players they want (in my test league, the CPU cut the niners other starting MLB that i use. he is lower ovr than my other 2 guys who they kept but he is a better player for me). see how this could cause some problems? for the good teams in the league it probably doesn't matter much but for junk teams we need to make sure that we keep the players we want and the AI only sees overall

DJ Bowser

Isn't there a setting that either allows or denies the the CPU the ability to make signings?

Some prick won't access the league until Monday. I know it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
We had this issue last year. To my knowledge starting in preseason is the only option

Isn't there a setting that either allows or denies the the CPU the ability to make signings?

Some prick won't access the league until Monday. I know it.

yes, there is that option for each team where there is a human owner. so, i create the league and i can set *MY* settings for the niners to prevent the CPU from signing/cutting players for me. but there are 31 other teams that are controlled by the CPU upon creating the league for which I cannot prevent that from happening

Top Bottom