• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

I did 2k face scan. This is what it returned 😂😂😂😂😂

14249828_10108140215380000_4107455444766300675_o.jpg

Somnia

Canceled my Pro reserve and buying a One S, back to owning an xbox! (shocker I know)

Mainly because of no UHD player on the Pro though, I'm getting a 4K TV soon and I want a 4k bluray player. Streaming 4k which Sony is pushing isn't an option for me when I have a 1TB monthly limit, 4k streaming will eat up data fast.

I don't think sony is pushing 4K streaming as much as they are taking the (smart) gamble on assuming the vast, vast majority of consumers are not interested in a 4K display and purchasing non-digital movie/TV show content to watch on that display.

Somnia

I don't think sony is pushing 4K streaming as much as they are taking the (smart) gamble on assuming the vast, vast majority of consumers are not interested in a 4K display and purchasing non-digital movie/TV show content to watch on that display.

It doesn't matter though 4k is going to be the standard TV sold in the not too distant future. I believe 4k TV's sold over 3 million last year and are expected to double that this year. The prices on 4k are dropping (still high for really good ones) and will just be the default TV's sold in Walmart, etc.

A few Best Buy's I've been in are stacking Xbox One S's in the TV section and selling those to customers over the $399.99 UHD players.

Now a lot of customers will just use their dvd or regular bluray player on their new 4K TV's because they don't even know they are buying a 4k tv or know what 4K is, because the TV they were sold was 4K and they don't care. However there is still a large segment that will want to utilize their 4K TV.

I'm probably 2-3 years from a 4K TV, I'm ok with what I have now.

All I need to do is avoid looking at anything in 4K. I don't even want to know what it looks like.

Somnia

Bethesda just announced Sony won't allow them to do mods on Fallout or Skyrim... lol wtf is that. The mod support on xb1 is great for FO4.

Anyways, anyone up for a game of Madden tonight, late? I need to get some practice in before AT beats me into the ground next week.

Ferny

Canceled my Pro reserve and buying a One S, back to owning an xbox! (shocker I know)

Mainly because of no UHD player on the Pro though, I'm getting a 4K TV soon and I want a 4k bluray player. Streaming 4k which Sony is pushing isn't an option for me when I have a 1TB monthly limit, 4k streaming will eat up data fast.

How many Xbox Ones has this been in total thus far?

Somnia

How many Xbox Ones has this been in total thus far?

3?

Xbox, Elite and now the S.

This is almost 100% for the 4k bluray player though as it's the cheapest one on the market. I plan on still playing almost exclusively on the PC and since MS's games are all on PC I'll be on there.

Thats why I never sell consoles!

Sokantish

You have a 1TB monthly limit? I have 400gb monthly limit :(

Somnia

Wtf you guys have data limits on your internets??

Comcast is slowly going 1TB a month limit nation wide, my area switched to the new limit on August 1st. They call it a "test", but you still have to pay if you go over. You can pay $50 more a month (I think it's 50) for unlimited though.

Comcast is slowly going 1TB a month limit nation wide, my area switched to the new limit on August 1st. They call it a "test", but you still have to pay if you go over. You can pay $50 more a month (I think it's 50) for unlimited though.

That is such bullshit. I'm assuming you have no other options in your area?

Smokey

Another Somnia flip flop!

I'm definitely getting the itch to replace my TV. Trying to decide if I want to wait for OLED 2017 or go with a 65"/75" non OLED.

My head says to wait for CES 2017, but I'm thirsty af

I have no idea what I'd do if I had internet caps. Not once in my life have I had to think about how much data to monitor besides my phone, and I'm usually on wi-fi for that anyways

Both the cable providers in my area have caps. Cableone and AT&T Uverse. I was actually wrong, I have a 300gb limit. They gave me 100mbs down 3mbs up and a 300gb data cap. What the heck?

I get a TB with U-verse

The only other option is uverse and I'm not going to AT&T for internet plus I believe uverse has limits also.

disgusting. it should be illegal for companies to collude in this manner or for there to be datacaps in areas where there is a monopoly.

Bethesda just announced Sony won't allow them to do mods on Fallout or Skyrim... lol wtf is that. The mod support on xb1 is great for FO4.

Anyways, anyone up for a game of Madden tonight, late? I need to get some practice in before AT beats me into the ground next week.

I'd be down to play after like 11:30 EST if you want. I've only barely won one game so I need all the practice I can get!

disgusting. it should be illegal for companies to collude in this manner or for there to be datacaps in areas where there is a monopoly.
They don't have a monopoly in South Florida though, we have Comcast and this local one if you live close enough to the beach.

And yeah Soka, I get the 18 down. Highest available for me too.

5618414591.png

And it's unlimited

#blessed

I'm definitely nerd enough where if I moved somewhere I would make damn sure I never had some data cap trash

Somnia

no cap for me, #blessed #thxComcast

I've seen my downloads top out at 4.2 MB/s

Um I hate to break it to you, but you will get a 1TB limit eventually, all Comcast locations are slowly. It's planned to be rolled out fully nation wide by end of 2017.

Unless you're on Business Comcast or pay the extra $50 a month.

Top Bottom