• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I guess we could do an eight person draft, id just have to add positions. Maybe an extra QB and WR spot?

CB3

THE ELUSIVE TRIPLE POST

I edited the roster positions to:

2 QB's
3RB's
3WR's
2 TE's
2 WR/RB/TE spots
1 Kicker
2 Def
6 bench

That should keep some sort of roster parity with a 12 person roster using only 8 people. It might be a disaster? Who knows! Ill send out the invites via PM. Draft is tonight at 6:30 PST.

Drizzler you would have been #9. If another person wants in i can make it a 10 person league and invite you.

brentech

This PS event is putting me to sleep.
Hype derailed on a lot of games, but by not showing anything, Spider-Man is still safe.
Looks like I'll be trading in that white ps4 come November. It hasn't beeped or tried to eject in a while, hopefully it won't then =

Somnia

It was pretty much exactly what I expected.

Hype derailed on a lot of games, but by not showing anything, Spider-Man is still safe.
Looks like I'll be trading in that white ps4 come November. It hasn't beeped or tried to eject in a while, hopefully it won't then =

Ya I know I'll break down and get one since it's my only console now a days. I don't own a 4K TV, but it'll be nice to have a bit better looking and running games plus the price isn't bad, I thought it'd be $499.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yep it's $399 and looks like 2 PS4's duct taped together.

OMG.. just saw a pic. You are actually serious.

Not sure what I'll do yet. 399 is exactly what I was expecting/hoping for but I don't own a 4K tv and actually need to buy a TV for the game room first because my samsung DLP is starting to display white dots which indicate that a chip is going bad.

CB3

Looking back through all my fantasy football team names on yahoo. I still feel pretty good about "A Bridge Too Slar" (back from when everything i did was a Slardar pun), "Smokin Foles", and "Corn On The Kolb"

Yeah I have no reason to get it
Unless they intentionally start fucking up performance for the OG which wouldn't surprise me

DietRob

Drizzler, do you have a job man lol? You're sending me overwatch invites while my wife is watching netflix and I"m at work haha

haha... i think i've gotten 20 party invites since madden dropped. I refuse to use that shitty earbud that came with the ps4

Drizzler, do you have a job man lol? You're sending me overwatch invites while my wife is watching netflix and I"m at work haha
I'm fairly certain that Drizz doesn't even look at who he sends party invites to, just hits "select all" anytime he is on. This ranges anywhere from 1 in the afternoon to 3 in the morning.

I'll take care of that invite in between my classes

LJ11

The Pro reminds me of the New 3DS. Bump up the specs, keep the price at the og retail price, and call it a day.

Smokey

I pre ordered the PS4 Pro primarily because of the 5ghz AC wifi adapter. The pos wifi chip from 1995 in the OG PS4 has annoyed me since launch day. I will finally cast you out of my home.

brentech

I'll probably get it just to replace the borked unit, but yea, assuming 4K does become the next sweeping standard it's pretty shifty that I can't rent/buy those bluray.
I think it will stick, but so far 4K seems to have less presence than 3D at this point in its life.

I used a wired connection on both my ps4s.

DietRob

I'll probably get it just to replace the borked unit, but yea, assuming 4K does become the next sweeping standard it's pretty shifty that I can't rent/buy those bluray.
I think it will stick, but so far 4K seems to have less presence than 3D at this point in its life.

I used a wired connection on both my ps4s.

I think that 4k will stick. The tech doesn't rely on using some goofy glasses like 3D does. I do think that it will take at least 4-5 years before it's as main stream as HD TV has become but it will be the new standard.

The more I'm reading about the PS4 Pro the less I feel like it's something I 'need'. I only play annual sports titles these days and those aren't going to utilize this beefed up tech except maybe The Show. It doesn't support 4K Bluray and if I want more HDD space I can simply upgrade my OG.

I will probably get a slim down the line. My OG PS4 can get loud running disk based games and at some point I'll want to move it upstairs to the main living room just like I did my old fat ps3.

brentech

I think that 4k will stick. The tech doesn't rely on using some goofy glasses like 3D does. I do think that it will take at least 4-5 years before it's as main stream as HD TV has become but it will be the new standard.

The more I'm reading about the PS4 Pro the less I feel like it's something I 'need'. I only play annual sports titles these days and those aren't going to utilize this beefed up tech except maybe The Show. It doesn't support 4K Bluray and if I want more HDD space I can simply upgrade my OG.

I will probably get a slim down the line. My OG PS4 can get loud running disk based games and at some point I'll want to move it upstairs to the main living room just like I did my old fat ps3.
Yea, I'd like to think so as well.
Only reason I'll buy the Pro is because I'd rather just pay that price than pay $150 to fix a disc drive that I use for only a couple games each year.

GG Boss, I need to get a full hang of the L2 Stuff, On that last fumble I tried to do a stiff arm which has worked for me before, but instead he just got wrapped up and dropped it...

rinse82

I preordered one as I want to move OG to office and have the pro hooked up to my 4K tv. Bummer about the lack of UHD BD though, that was a big part of the value prop for me as I needed to get a player eventually anyways.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fucking pissed.

Mostly because I now get the honor of trying to chase down Trasher twice per season! Fuck!

It's nice to try another team but this division is tough and the team still needs help - now I have no first rounder either!

Smokey

Does anybody have two PS4s? If so how easy is it to go back and forth between them with the digital library? It's Sony so I imagine it's not as smooth as it should be?

Top Bottom