• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

BigAT

I like the idea of all Custom Coaches. Jeff Gerstmann will lead the browns to glory!

Anyone up for a game at 730 PST?

SIMgC8I.gif

Just want to double check. Are we going 7 minutes, no accel clock, slow speed?

I think it was mentioned in my chat that 7 minutes is a lot, but I don't mind it.

Trasher

also, perhaps one of the most important new rules in the league:

DO NOT EDIT ANY OF YOUR PLAYERS FOR ANY REASON. NOT THEIR EQUIPMENT, NUMBER, ANYTHING. THE REASON BEING IS THAT FOR SOME REASON EA GAVE YOU THE ABILITY TO ALSO ADJUST YOUR PLAYERS RATINGS. THE ONLY NOTICE THE LEAGUE GETS (WHETHER YOU EDIT RATINGS OR JUST CHANGE THE HELMET) IS "<PLAYER> WAS EDITED>. SO DO NOT EDIT THEM OR WE WILL HAVE TO ASSUME THAT YOU COULD HAVE POSSIBLY MESSED WITH THE RATINGS. IF THAT HAPPENS THERE WILL BE A SUSPENSION OF THAT PLAYER FOR AN UNDETERMINED AMOUNT OF TIME. I'M ASSUMING THIS ISSUE WILL NOT COME UP BUT JUST DON'T DO IT.
So you're saying I can commit league suicide and max out every bar on my players, and then whoever inherits my team will have the greatest Lions team that will ever exist? This is probably my best shot at making the playoffs!

So you're saying I can commit league suicide and max out every bar on my players, and then whoever inherits my team will have the greatest Lions team that will ever exist? This is probably my best shot at making the playoffs!

we call it a johnny park!

in other unfortunate news, we CAN'T begin the league immediately upon the updated rosters. the reason is that when i start the league i have one of two options: either start at pre-season game 1 or start at regular season game 1. if i start at regular season week 1, then the CPU does all kinds of weird cuts/signings of FA's because the game sims the pre-season.

now most of these players are bums but its not fair that people might lose players they want and FA's automatically signed to certain teams. sorry bro's, we'll have to start at pre-season week 1, have everyone set their settings to NO CPU assistance, and then sim to the regular season. unless someone knows a way around this! i tested it twice and there is nothing i can do to prevent it (i downloaded updated rosters through today that someone uploaded to EA locker)

Oh God, I just found out Paul Kruger went to the saints and he's no longer on the browns? I am so fucked lol. He was my only LB with an 80+ rating. He only has 73 speed, but shit!

I've returned to Madden this year after sometime away and I'm really enjoying this game again. Is there a waiting list for league I could get on?

Somnia

WTF @ California State University allowing segregated living spaces... I know some students asked for it, but good god.

Splat

Splat I think we're about to enter the teething stage

Pray for me :x

Haha. Teething is the stage you go from "Man, do I really want to be giving my kid drugs already?" to "HOLY SHIT HAVE SOME TYLENOL AS MUCH AS YOU WANT"

Teething is weird because everything seems like it might be teething but you never know until after the fact. Our guy would get super super boogery and run a slight fever whenever he was teething, but ymmv.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think we're still at 8 for that fantasy league. We'd need atleast two more to pull that off tonight.

we call it a johnny park!

in other unfortunate news, we CAN'T begin the league immediately upon the updated rosters. the reason is that when i start the league i have one of two options: either start at pre-season game 1 or start at regular season game 1. if i start at regular season week 1, then the CPU does all kinds of weird cuts/signings of FA's because the game sims the pre-season.

now most of these players are bums but its not fair that people might lose players they want and FA's automatically signed to certain teams. sorry bro's, we'll have to start at pre-season week 1, have everyone set their settings to NO CPU assistance, and then sim to the regular season. unless someone knows a way around this! i tested it twice and there is nothing i can do to prevent it (i downloaded updated rosters through today that someone uploaded to EA locker)

Wait, how does that even work? Shouldn't the final roster update contain 53 players because everyone else was cut?

Top Bottom