• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Smokey

dcx watch this dudes badge videos

I've done this when grinding for badges, but I kind of do want to play MyCareer games legitimately from the outset, just so I can see what my guy can do against the top levels

i've been playing it legitimately. the difficulty im on is custom. dunno how they have that set up, but it was set my the game

goddamnit I wish I could just carry my shooting guard over from last year. that guy ended up being my favorite and I got every badge for him

Smokey

goddamnit I wish I could just carry my shooting guard over from last year. that guy ended up being my favorite and I got every badge for him

i'm trying to make a westbrook/curry hybrid. my pg is 6'3, but im limited by the layup/dunk attribute. ive got agility as high as possible, defender almost maxed, and layup/dunk as high as possible.

even though i'm sharp shooter, my guy ended up being more well rounded than i thought. the game has me listed as pg | sg on the roster screen.

i'm trying to make a westbrook/curry hybrid. my pg is 6'3, but im limited by the layup/dunk attribute. ive got agility as high as possible, defender almost maxed, and layup/dunk as high as possible.

even though i'm sharp shooter, my guy ended up being more well rounded than i thought. the game has me listed as pg | sg on the roster screen.
yo GODDAMN how many extra points did you unlock?!

I am 3 levels from maxing out D , same with athleticism. I feel like 90 speed will be just fine, got crazy speed with the ball which is what matters for my guy

Smokey

yo GODDAMN how many extra points did you unlock?!

I am 3 levels from maxing out D , same with athleticism. I feel like 90 speed will be just fine, got crazy speed with the ball which is what matters for my guy

a lot :x

im at the back end of the dec schedule, and ive only skipped a handful of practices

Yea the progression changes are going to make it really tough for those of us wit poor teams to build them up, but I guess its better then having to face a bunch of 97 overalls in season 4

Hey phoenix, want to play that 15 minute no accel clock game you were joking about the other day ahha. Would be a good practice game and would be fun to see how absurd the score gets

Somnia

Bird I know you said no to today, but I'll be home tonight if something frees up on your end let me know. Otherwise still don't know when I'll be free tomorrow but I will be at some point. Sorry crazy last couple weeks for me.

Hey phoenix, want to play that 15 minute no accel clock game you were joking about the other day ahha. Would be a good practice game and would be fun to see how absurd the score gets
I am out of town now, and Other than my scheduled game with EZ tomorrow night, not playing games until after Tuesday

Also went to a place and the person asked me what my name was, said Phoenix, and she didn't know how to spell it?! Or she was just shocked

Birdman02

Bird I know you said no to today, but I'll be home tonight if something frees up on your end let me know. Otherwise still don't know when I'll be free tomorrow but I will be at some point. Sorry crazy last couple weeks for me.
I should actually be around most of the night. I might end up going out with some friends, but I'll more than likely stay home tonight.

BigAT

The difference is dota is a great game

Emoticon_highfive.gif

Also you can't pay money to be better when you suck at Dota.

You got all those 99 rated players you had in 2K16 for free?
Pay for one character, build him up, and you get enough to get someone else. I spent a ton of time getting them to 99. You don't get that for free.

But feel free to keep trying to shame us. At the end of the day, you guys pay for halloween costumes in a game, and that is infinitely worse.

Pay for one character, build him up, and you get enough to get someone else. I spent a ton of time getting them to 99. You don't get that for free.

But feel free to keep trying to shame us. At the end of the day, you guys pay for halloween costumes in a game, and that is infinitely worse.

Pay2NotPlay... the 2k motto!

Also, paying for a cosmetic item is much preferred vs. Paying to improve your player. Im no good at 2k but I am much better using a VC funded 90+ player vs. Using a stock 50-is player

BigAT

Paying for a competitive advantage is a disgusting game design concept to me. Thinking it's better than optional cosmetic purchases seems like an absurd thought.

I'm not sure why some grown men are in other grown men's pockets anyway, but carry on.

I'm not sure why you're so defensive about prople calling VC scummy when it is. Really has nothing to do about being in someone's pocket. You may not personally care about spending $50 so you don't have to play the game but that doesn't mean it isn't slimy!

Smokey

I'm not sure why you're so defensive about prople calling VC scummy when it is. Really has nothing to do about being in someone's pocket. You may not personally care about spending $50 so you don't have to play the game but that doesn't mean it isn't slimy!

I never said VC was great

It's the same thing for MUT. If people want to pay to enjoy a mode then let them do it. You don't have to shit on them for choosing to spend their money how they please.

DCX

DCX
Paying for a competitive advantage is a disgusting game design concept to me. Thinking it's better than optional cosmetic purchases seems like an absurd thought.
MK X allows you to pay 20 bucks to unlock the entire Krypt. You can elect to not do that and play endless hours and do it yourself.

You can do the same in 2k.

It's not competitive advantages. It's feeding on the laziness of the gamers.

If you were to sell a specific dunk for a certain amount of VC and the only way you can get it is by real money, that shit is disgusting.

I don't like it, but it is what it is.

DCX

MK X allows you to pay 20 bucks to unlock the entire Krypt. You can elect to not do that and play endless hours and do it yourself.

You can do the same in 2k.

It's not competitive advantages. It's feeding on the laziness of the gamers.

If you were to sell a specific dunk for a certain amount of VC and the only way you can get it is by real money, that shit is disgusting.

I don't like it, but it is what it is.

DCX

They let you upgrade scorpion to a 99 with thst?! Shameful!

You're the last person allowed to have an opinion on 2k.

I guess so!

Still it's super lame to be deep into another man's money

How is calling a f2p mode a slime business practice "deep into another man's money"? At that point you are saying you can never criticize any product features ever because hey, you don't need to buy it!

The game doesn't suck, you do
Umm the game is complete garbage. I gave it more than a fair chance so Idk how I wouldn't get an opinion on it. FMT gets one tho! And AT! You and Crimson repeatedly say the game is garbage while playing it. There is broken cheese everyone runs after each patch. It's the same shit over and over, nothing about it is basketball. And I never really played with Smokeys elitist ass besides a couple times while my char was probably in the 70s sooooo......

It just scratches that fantasy itch of dunking on fools everyone had. Game is complete trash tho.

Smokey

How is calling a f2p mode a slime business practice "deep into another man's money"? At that point you are saying you can never criticize any product features ever because hey, you don't need to buy it!

It's different saying it's scummy and explaining why versus speaking on other people buying it because they enjoy a mode where that currency is helpful.

Umm the game is complete garbage. I gave it more than a fair chance so Idk how I wouldn't get an opinion on it. FMT gets one tho! And AT! You and Crimson repeatedly say the game is garbage while playing it. There is broken cheese everyone runs after each patch. It's the same shit over and over, nothing about it is basketball. And I never really played with Smokeys elitist ass besides a couple times while my char was probably in the 70s sooooo......

It just scratches that fantasy itch of dunking on fools everyone had. Game is complete trash tho.

You played with me enough times to allow me to say what I had to say in the post above.

It's different saying it's scummy and explaining why versus speaking on other people buying it because they enjoy a mode where that currency is helpful.

Nothing I said isn't true. You are paying so you don't have to play the game. I honestly couldn't care less what you do with your money but it is a shitty thing for 2k to do

Top Bottom