• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Umm the game is complete garbage. I gave it more than a fair chance so Idk how I wouldn't get an opinion on it. FMT gets one tho! And AT! You and Crimson repeatedly say the game is garbage while playing it. There is broken cheese everyone runs after each patch. It's the same shit over and over, nothing about it is basketball. And I never really played with Smokeys elitist ass besides a couple times while my char was probably in the 70s sooooo......

It just scratches that fantasy itch of dunking on fools everyone had. Game is complete trash tho.

Nothing delights the 2k community more to hear that you think the game sucks.

Also, I'm not sure this dunking fantasy is real. How many times did you try your maxed out dunking a few years ago and not have it happen?

brentech

Nothing I said isn't true. You are paying so you don't have to play the game. I honestly couldn't care less what you do with your money but it is a shitty thing for 2k to do

This.

If two people with the same exact basketball IQ and skill on the sticks play the game, the one that pays more money has a higher % chance to do better.
It's a shitty system for a game that has a retail price.

Smokey

This.

If two people with the same exact basketball IQ and skill on the sticks play the game, the one that pays more money has a higher % chance to do better.
It's a shitty system for a game that has a retail price.

You are limited to how good your player can be if you purchase rather than play, so there's that at least.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Jesus this thread jumped a page since this morning.

There's alot of Stockholm Syndrome happening in here.

CB3

In the past 2k was awful and I am not going to deny that. 2k14 next gen was an abomination. But they really stepped up last year and this year they've gotten better. I am happy to put $100 into a game that I will spend hours playing most nights all year, until the next game. They've hired good people and are making better decisions. The rise of E-Sports is to be thanked.

The best thing they did was to make player classes like NHL, everyone has to play a role now and there aren't going to be 5+ do it all superstars in every game.

CB3

Im trying to make the same point I made with Rob and MUT. You can think a system is bad /scummy (in this case, the 2K currency which is almost necessary to compete on a high level in those game modes) and still play/enjoy the mode.

I used to pay 15 bucks a month ON TOP of the xbox live service to play PSO on xbox online. There was no reason sega needed those 15 dollars because they didnt really add anything to the game. So that was $50 for the game +$50 for xbox live +$15 MONTHLY to play that game. Thats dumb. You can acknowledge that fact and still enjoy yourself. To me, touting that your ONLY spent $100 OR that paying for the VC isnt mandatory (is it to play on a high level unless all you do in life is grind out that game) is where the disconnect comes in for me.

Somnia

Game just desync'd again when using the Dallas playbook and going for a field goal, 3rd time now in our franchise games.

Going to switch to another and hope it doesn't happen. Didn't against Drizz and I used Seattles.

Somnia

If I get a desync FG'ing with this playbook, I will no longer do any but expect me to go on 4th and do a lot of punts lol

Im trying to make the same point I made with Rob and MUT. You can think a system is bad /scummy (in this case, the 2K currency which is almost necessary to compete on a high level in those game modes) and still play/enjoy the mode.

I used to pay 15 bucks a month ON TOP of the xbox live service to play PSO on xbox online. There was no reason sega needed those 15 dollars because they didnt really add anything to the game. So that was $50 for the game +$50 for xbox live +$15 MONTHLY to play that game. Thats dumb. You can acknowledge that fact and still enjoy yourself. To me, touting that your ONLY spent $100 OR that paying for the VC isnt mandatory (is it to play on a high level unless all you do in life is grind out that game) is where the disconnect comes in for me.

Would you still play DOTA if they charged you ten dollars a month?

Somnia

Well even changing playbooks it desync'd when I tried to field goal it. I have no idea.

Please give Bird the sim win.

I can't field goal it so live with it if I go for it on 4th on a 4th and short.

BigAT

maddenisgarbage.jpg:

1yvTu77.jpg

Birdman02

Well even changing playbooks it desync'd when I tried to field goal it. I have no idea.

Please give Bird the sim win.

I can't field goal it so live with it if I go for it on 4th on a 4th and short.
Sorry again man. Hope they figure that shot out. You can't be the only person that's happening too.

Do I still need to sub out my starters for sim games, or can injuries be turned off for those?

Somnia

Sorry again man. Hope they figure that shot out. You can't be the only person that's happening too.

Do I still need to sub out my starters for sim games, or can injuries be turned off for those?

YOLO leaving mine in.

Figures this happens when I start having a good run game too.

brentech

Would you still play DOTA if they charged you ten dollars a month?
Do people that pay get a better abilities than those that don't?

Massive disconnect in this logic.
You like the game so you pay to be better, faster. It's as simple as that. Some people agree and do the same, some think it's dumb.
Just like people will always think cosmetic items are dumb.

brentech

Verizon had a deal if you had a 6 or 6s and it was paid off, you could trade it in and get the iPhone 7 for free, so I did it.

I normally only upgrade to with the 's' models, but hard to pass that deal up.

Bread

Banned
Verizon had a deal if you had a 6 or 6s and it was paid off, you could trade it in and get the iPhone 7 for free, so I did it.

I normally only upgrade to with the 's' models, but hard to pass that deal up.
Whoa what?

Do they not have it anymore?

Do people that pay get a better abilities than those that don't?

Massive disconnect in this logic.
You like the game so you pay to be better, faster. It's as simple as that. Some people agree and do the same, some think it's dumb.
Just like people will always think cosmetic items are dumb.
That wasn't really my point of asking him that. I was just curious to see how much he truly likes the game.

Although I see how in that context you interpreted it that way. At the end of the day we all agree that we will just find a way to play their favorite games.

brentech

Whoa what?

Do they not have it anymore?
Still available. Currently no expiration date.
Buy a new iPhone 7 with monthly device payments.
During checkout, select the option to trade in your old device. If you wish to trade in your device at a later time, please ensure you have activated your new iPhone 7 first, then log in to My Verizon and select "trade in old device."
After you have completed your trade-in appraisal, you will receive a box to return your old device.
Your savings will be credited to your account as recurring payments over 24 months beginning within 2-3 cycles. iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus are eligible for promotional value of $650. iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C and iPhone SE are eligible for promotional value of $400.

Smokey

Werk!

I got expressive and microwave. Although I don't see where I can equip it.

Actually, I got spark plug which is nothing.

DCX

go to store/upgrades/myplayer - upgrade badges

those are the badges unique to the player archetype you chose in the beginning. you can upgrade those. any other badges you get can't be upgraded, but they are auto equipped to your player.

to see all of your badges go to my career/my minutes/press r3 on your card/ go to badges section

Top Bottom