• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
GG. Game was closer than the score would indicate. I caught my fair share of breaks.

Ill continue to say HFA is super real in this game.

HFA is home field advantage, right?

The game was close up until the middle of the third quarter. I need to stick to my gameplan of a balanced offense. I like to spread it around and run the ball as much as I can. You were able to completely shut down my run game and that really threw me off. In the third quarter I started panicking and trying to force throws. When I start playing panic ball I make way too many mistakes.

You did catch a few lucky breaks but you also played a much better game overall so I would have lost without those few breaks.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
don't think I could reach a new level of fuck eerthing after that game, but then I turned on ESPN to see Baylor playing Rice, and hearing Mack Brown on the broadcast. eerthing can go get fucboooi

Eleuin

i've been playing mycareer all day

between the practice sessions+doin work, and the games, the grind factor has been upped x10

ive unlocked 2 more attributes so far

not only does your FT rating drop from college but you can't even upgrade it

what the hell were they thinking

Gig AT! What a game I thought it was gonna be a romp when I open with a pick while it's 7-0, luckily you returned the favor. My safeties played like shit. Put together some beautiful long drives just to open with a pair of FGs after the pick. Can't believe I came back without DeSean, my receivers routes were on point in the fourth. Should've gone for two, overtime was my biggest mistake! 4th and 3 and I convert for the TD with 2 seconds on the clock, should've rode that wave to victory.

Skins: 20
Cousins: 81.9, 26/41, 286 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
Jones: 20 carries, 57 yds, 1 TD // 4 rec, 40 yds, 1 TD
Garçon: 8 rec, 91 yds
Cravens: 2 Tkls, 2 INTs

Giants: 23
Manning: 61.1, 14/24, 1 TD, 3 INTs // 1 rush, 4 yds
Vereen: 22 carries, 86 yds // 2 rec, 14 yds
Beckham: 4 rec, 90 yds, 1 TD
Jenkins: 8 Tkls, 1 INT

Just 3 Weeks In...

Browns
SS Hill - 9 wks
Buccs
RG Marpet - 3 wks
WR Jackson - 7 wks
Cards
HB Ellington - 3 wks
OLB Golden - 4 wks
OLB Jones - 7 wks
Chargers
TE Gates - 3 wks
Dolphins
CB Ekpre-Olomu - 3 wks
Jets
WR Decker - 3 wks
CB Skrine - 5 wks
Lions
RT Reiff - 7 wks
Panthers
CB Bradberry - 8 wks
Ravens
MLB Correa - 6 wks
HB Forsett - 7 wks
Seminoles
CB Breeland - 7 wks
WR Jackson - 3 wks
Saints
OLB Robertson - 6 wks
Seahawks
TE Wilson - 6 wks
Vikings
TE Rudolph - 7 wks

GG Bowser, tough breaks on my deep passes, felt like I got lucky and won every one.

WTF IS UP WITH THE KICKING METER. I MISSED A Field Goal and TWO extra points! It's like it wasn't registering my inputs in time!

Just 3 Weeks In...

Browns
SS Hill - 9 wks
Buccs
RG Marpet - 3 wks
WR Jackson - 7 wks
Cards
HB Ellington - 3 wks
OLB Golden - 4 wks
OLB Jones - 7 wks
Chargers
TE Gates - 3 wks
Dolphins
CB Ekpre-Olomu - 3 wks
Jets
WR Decker - 3 wks
CB Skrine - 5 wks
Lions
RT Reiff - 7 wks
Panthers
CB Bradberry - 8 wks
Ravens
MLB Correa - 6 wks
HB Forsett - 7 wks
Seminoles
CB Breeland - 7 wks
WR Jackson - 3 wks
Saints
OLB Robertson - 6 wks
Seahawks
TE Wilson - 6 wks
Vikings
TE Rudolph - 7 wks
My SS Hill isn't hurt right now, he was hurt going into the season so I'm able to use him

DJ Bowser

GG Bowser, tough breaks on my deep passes, felt like I got lucky and won every one.

WTF IS UP WITH THE KICKING METER. I MISSED A Field Goal and TWO extra points! It's like it wasn't registering my inputs in time!

What a stupid fucking game.

I'm not mad at you, but it seems like just chucking and aggressive catching is better than trying to do anything reasonable. Dumb.

Suck for Luck.

What a stupid fucking game.

I'm not mad at you, but it seems like just chucking and aggressive catching is better than trying to do anything reasonable. Dumb.

Suck for Luck.

I don't even normally throw that many deep passes, but you were owning my run game so thoroughly it was rough. My RB lost two points of awareness for having under 4 yards per carry wow

DJ Bowser

I don't even normally throw that many deep passes, but you were owning my run game so thoroughly it was rough. My RB lost two points of awareness for having under 4 yards per carry wow

The first one was due to lag when I switched players, so that one (while frustrating) didn't bug me as much as the others. If it's a dice roll, my HFA never kicked in.

You were good at stopping the outside run. Your way of defending it seemed counter-intuitive, but gave the AI defenders time to take angles to blow up the runs.

The first one was due to lag when I switched players, so that one (while frustrating) didn't bug me as much as the others. If it's a dice roll, my HFA never kicked in.

You were good at stopping the outside run. Your way of defending it seemed counter-intuitive, but gave the AI defenders time to take angles to blow up the runs.

I certainly overpursued on some of those outside runs, I saw your RB has 94 speed?! I got lucky you didn't break any huge ones for sure

Thinking about the XP system again, I think I like how many points it takes to upgrade a more mediocre person. They suck for a reason, it would be unreasonable to have someone shit LG become one of the better guards in the league, or more realistically, everyone upgrades their shit o-line and everyone has an o-line that is good without making FA pickups/trading/drafting.

Like, it would be unreasonable to take my horrendous o-line and make them not suck in two seasons, these guys just aren't good.

DCX

DCX
Haven't gotten to play much, but I got drafted by the Magic which will be fun for my PG.
I got drafted 10th to the Bucks. Just had a triple double last game. Loving how the game is playing.

Alot of contact which allows for tough D. Hopefully I can make my shooting player actually shoot well!

DCX

Smokey

Damn the fightin' drizzes are getting worked

It was pretty great last year when he got rocked after trying to talk down to Houston.

Phee throw me some VC. I need 6k ;_;. Been over here grinding. Up to 84 OVR, and one attribute away from maxing out 3pt shooting.

Got Pick Pocket, Charge Card, Enforcer, Microwave, Expressive, Spark Plug. Also have Catch&Shoot from my Sharpshooter badges upgraded to Gold. Trying for a few more sharpshooter badges. Almost ready for Park/Pro Am.

DCX

DCX
It was pretty great last year when he got rocked after trying to talk down to Houston.

Phee throw me some VC. I need 6k ;_;. Been over here grinding. Up to 84 OVR, and one attribute away from maxing out 3pt shooting.

Got Pick Pocket, Charge Card, Enforcer, Microwave, Expressive, Spark Plug. Also have Catch&Shoot from my Sharpshooter badges upgraded to Gold. Trying for a few more sharpshooter badges. Almost ready for Park/Pro Am.
I don't have any badges! Wtf :(

DCX

Smokey

I don't have any badges! Wtf :(

DCX

have you been actively trying to get them in the MyPlayer season games? I'm in the December part of the schedule, and just recently started getting them. I've also played every game up to this point.

DCX

DCX
have you been actively trying to get them in the MyPlayer season games? I'm in the December part of the schedule, and just recently started getting them. I've also played every game up to this point.
Damn I'm like in game three. I have playing park and practicing alot.

DCX

Smokey

Damn I'm like in game three. I have playing park and practicing alot.

DCX

The only point of practice is still fill up the Doin Work meter which in turn then fills a second meter that gives you an extra attribute to spend.

Do this on non-team practice sessions.

DCX

DCX
The only point of practice is still fill up the Doin Work meter which in turn then fills a second meter that gives you an extra attribute to spend.

Yea I have been doing that. Just wasting to much time in the park.

Grind time!

DCX

Ok so I know what to do with my open practice sessions, do I still have to do that team practice shit or can I skip everytime?

that one teammate asked me if I wanted to do 3 pt shooting drills, I said no, and the game said my shot IQ increased by a point lmao

by the way I didn't watch that vid so sorry if my question was answered there

Smokey

Ok so I know what to do with my open practice sessions, do I still have to do that team practice shit or can I skip everytime?

that one teammate asked me if I wanted to do 3 pt shooting drills, I said no, and the game said my shot IQ increased by a point lmao

by the way I didn't watch that vid so sorry if my question was answered there

I skipped a Team Practice and got yelled at by the coach (threatened to cut my minutes). So technically you can skip them, but seems your playing time could be reduced. Or the coach could just be full of shit.

I skipped a Team Practice and got yelled at by the coach (threatened to cut my minutes). So technically you can skip them, but seems your playing time could be reduced. Or the coach could just be full of shit.
lol I dare them to reduce my playing time

It's either me or Elfrid Payton!

I ended up putting nothing in mid range---my off the dribble mid range is fine, but I figured for now, I'm not gonna be spotting up there, ever

Although I should just turn into the latest Magic superstar to leave town and blame Vogel

Smokey

lol I dare them to reduce my playing time

It's either me or Elfrid Payton!

I ended up putting nothing in mid range---my off the dribble mid range is fine, but I figured for now, I'm not gonna be spotting up there, ever

Although I should just turn into the latest Magic superstar to leave town and blame Vogel

I can't make layups for shit. The dunk/layup attribute is ridiculously limited on Sharpshooter.

I can't make layups for shit. The dunk/layup attribute is ridiculously limited on Sharpshooter.
yeah, it's kinda iffy on Playmakers too, which is why I maxed it out. I want to be able to be a threat inside and outside while I build him up, but sharpshooters even maxed out can't do much

Gotta figure out my jumper now

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Man, I never realized how awesome remote play to my PC is. Finally got it working well today. It was disconnecting all the time before. I just had to bypass my netgear wireless router and hook my PC and PS4 up directly to the cable modem.

I'm never going to get work done again now that I can play PS4 on my desktop.

Top Bottom