• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

eznark

Banned
Power supply seems fine. Replaced GPU and now it blue screens at boot.

Fuck my life.

Eh, got it to at least boot every now and then but it always blue screens. Something is jacked. Fuck.

Ferny

Anyone else basically losing mouse control when alt+tabbing away from Dota? My mouse gets super, super slow when on the desktop if alt+tabbed with Dota open. Just started happening last night.

Yup, I had that problem. There was a command you put in the console, but I need to find it again.

Smokey

Did you try starting with no GPU and using the iGPU on your board? Just to double check everything. Sounds like you may need a new GPU and mobo tho.

Dunno what you had before but might as well get a Z87 board. And an extended warranty from Microcenter. If you have a EVGA GPU their customer service is very good. If not then I wish you luck dealing with the other vendors.

Did you try starting with no GPU and using the iGPU on your board? Just to double check everything. Sounds like you may need a new GPU and mobo tho.

Dunno what you had before but might as well get a Z87 board. And an extended warranty from Microcenter. If you have a EVGA GPU their customer service is very good. If not then I wish you luck dealing with the other vendors.

Such a nice board.

Ferny

Just finished reading that thread. If that ends up being true...wow! I'm not a crazy big resolution guy or anything, but the fact that COD can't be 1080p on the console they have a partnership with is troubling.

how important is resolution on consoles anyways? i have a 56" TV and sit like 8-12 feet away.... i doubt i would notice much of a difference. PC gaming where you are sitting basically right at the screen would be a different story

TheCrow

Just finished reading that thread. If that ends up being true...wow! I'm not a crazy big resolution guy or anything, but the fact that COD can't be 1080p on the console they have a partnership with is troubling.

Were any of the previous games even at 720p? I'm not really surprised they couldn't hit 1080p.

how important is resolution on consoles anyways? i have a 56" TV and sit like 8-12 feet away.... i doubt i would notice much of a difference. PC gaming where you are sitting basically right at the screen would be a different story

Just because you have a peasant TV doesn't mean everyone else does. Also, you probably could still tell the difference at 8 feet anyway.

Mrbob

Based on your distance, probably. There is a chart which measures size of your TV against the distance you sit from the tv:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...tell-the-difference-between-hdtv-resolutions/

There are other benefits too to packing more pixels in a smaller area. You can spot things easier in the distance for example. Or you can still see more detail. Especially if you are running a 1080P signal native to your 1080P TV. These new console scalers should be good, but you do lose detail in translation of scaling a 720P image to 1080P.

If true, that just means I made the right decision of sticking with PS4 until MS gets its shit together.

It does coincide with the NFS Rivals previews saying the PS4 was the better console version and nearly identical to the PC.

Makes me wonder which version of Madden we've been seeing and if the other version looks sharper. (a polished turd, if you will)

If true, that just means I made the right decision of sticking with PS4 until MS gets its shit together.

It does coincide with the NFS Rivals previews saying the PS4 was the better console version and nearly identical to the PC.

Makes me wonder which version of Madden we've been seeing and if the other version looks sharper. (a polished turd, if you will)

i guarantee it has been the xbone version considering MS/NFLs deal but graphics are the least of my concerns with madden next gen

Smokey

Based on your distance, probably. There is a chart which measures size of your TV against the distance you sit from the tv:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...tell-the-difference-between-hdtv-resolutions/

There are other benefits too to packing more pixels in a smaller area. You can spot things easier in the distance for example. Or you can still see more detail. Especially if you are running a 1080P signal native to your 1080P TV. These new console scalers should be good, but you do lose detail in translation of scaling a 720P image to 1080P.

chart is trash

TheCrow

Juggernaut sure is fun, especially when laning with CB.
82S7s3W.png

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
If you have even a semi decent support in lane with you, counter helix and and battle hunger just zone the other team out. they cant get anything in. It just starts snowballing from there.

eznark

Banned
Buffed dazzle is so pimp. I got two poison kills by poisoning at tower one and the victim underestimated the damage and tried to run back to fountain only to die. We need to run a Dazzle/Ax lane. So much dot. And that right click great as always! God damn he is king support now. I need to come up with some new tweaks.

Has anyone played AA post patch? I think he could be a pro strat hero now.

Mrbob

Smokey, the NDA for the 290X looks to be expiring tonight at midnight eastern. Might be time to flip flop teams again. Especially as the rumored price for the 290X is $549. This means the vanilla R290 will be in the 400s. Heck I might even get the 290X if its 549. Titan power for nearly half the price? Yes please.

eznark

Banned
I still prefer the gold one that I have so I'll probably pass on that one.

I put my rares on Speed Gaming. They better not disappoint!

BigAT

I still prefer the gold one that I have so I'll probably pass on that one.

I put my rares on Speed Gaming. They better not disappoint!

Go Liquid. Why does this tournament have to be on Daily Motion? Their video player is turrrrrrrribull.

Top Bottom