• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

there is no way they remove offline association mode

though I usually never keep the same team for more than one night. I like doing drafts with all time rosters with ridiculously stacked teams with legends from the past

eznark

Banned
When I called to order a new power brick I had the same conversation where the dude wanted to know what types of games I played and shit. Annoying.

Mrbob

Enemy team has Axe, Huskar, and Alch and still no match for my Shadow Fiend and Sniper:

JQpf4QO.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
me too brother. lets hope next gen version doesn't suck complete dick :(

in other gaming news, i logged into steam for the first time in a month or so to pre-load batman and i had a coupon for 25% off volgar the viking! god bless you steam!

everyone that has house of the dead ninja's got that i think

eznark

Banned
Nice! What days are you going? You planning on staying the night at all?

You know you're still in shit tier when you have a 30+ minute game and only one person has more than a hundred last hits.
Bob is the CS master!

That's the worst thing about playing on my laptop with low ass resolution, a shitty mouse and wifi. Last hitting/denying is so hard!

I played a game with Nyx and the impale just seems broken or it uses a different aiming mechanic than say, Earthshaker. It was going all kinds of random places when I would use it. I was chasing Jakiro who had like 5 health. We were both running down the river so there was like nowhere for him to go. I pop impale with the cursor straight in front of me. It shoots up the cliff. The fuck?!

eznark

Banned
Yeah, I live about the same distance. I think I am going to go Saturday and Sunday but I really don't want to miss football. We'll see.

MicroCenter called, apparently my motherboard passed their tests and he is still running diagnostics to figure out what's up. I'm guessing I reconnected something wrong or something when I was panicking about the smoke. We'll see!

brentech

Yeah, I live about the same distance. I think I am going to go Saturday and Sunday but I really don't want to miss football. We'll see.

MicroCenter called, apparently my motherboard passed their tests and he is still running diagnostics to figure out what's up. I'm guessing I reconnected something wrong or something when I was panicking about the smoke. We'll see!

Yeah, will kind of have to see how things pan out for some of the teams, but for the most part, it looks like a bunch of uninteresting/not very meaningful games (the NFL, that is). I won't feel too bad about it. And I got football on my phone!

Somnia

Nooooo my favorite Mongolian BBQ place is closing down tomorrow. Looks like a bunch of us are gonna go one last time, time to clear out all of their beer (tomorrow not right now =P).

brentech

Navi just wrecked Empire so fast.
From some games yesterday we played and then watching that, it seems like jungling isn't really worth it in the start/early game unless you have enigma/enchantress/chen or someone with a similar protection against eating up all your consumables.

haven't seen anyone else really keep pace with laners while jungling at the start to this point. Until you get some levels, it just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

lol, 2nd game dendi picks up blink with pudge. so nasty. Was curious how'd they'd use that....he's blink + hooking for the most part to make sure it doesnt miss. point blank

Sanjuro

We're done until next gen Madden hits.

I almost pulled the trigger on the PS4 on Amazon this week, but by the time I got to adding a credit card it was gone. In retrospect, the biggest advantage of getting it online is avoiding fucking retail stores. I didn't think of that advantage nearly enough.

I placed an online order to Wal-Mart this week because I found an item cheaper on the site than in store. Placed the order in store, was told it would take 4 hours. Well..fuck. Went to a class for about 3 hours, got some food, and went back to the store.

"Sorry. Because it was close to 6PM, you'll have to come back in the morning to pick up your item."

Bought the item elsewhere, came back the next day to return the item. At customer service, they told me to go to the Jewelery Section to retrieve my item. Walk all the way to the back of the store to the unattended section. Took me 15-20 minutes of flagging people down who didn't speak English well to find the person working that section. Finally get that person and told that I need to go back to customer service to return the item.

Go back to customer service, wait in line. Return the item. Item will take 5 days to refund! I used PayPal, so I check my PayPal after a few days. The refund is under review from PayPal and is now taking longer.

TL;DR: Store pickup at Wal-Mart is fucking cancerous. I fear any sort of procedure other than picking up an item by hand and paying for it in retail.

Sanjuro

The other thing that held me off is the bundle came with Battlefield 4. I'll never understand the appeal to that trash franchise.

For whatever reason, I'm sort of interesting in playing Killzone a bit now. Maybe I'm coming around, or maybe this holiday season is fucking disastrous for games.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

Smokey

The other thing that held me off is the bundle came with Battlefield 4. I'll never understand the appeal to that trash franchise.

For whatever reason, I'm sort of interesting in playing Killzone a bit now. Maybe I'm coming around, or maybe this holiday season is fucking disastrous for games.

Trash battlefied
Wants to play killzone

Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Trash battlefied
Wants to play killzone

Sanjuro

Killzone is the primary launch title for the console, has a single player. Shit could be Perfect Dark Zero all over again for all I care.

Battlefield is just a generic online shooter. I can play that on anything.

Top Bottom