• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

Wonder what the DRM apologists think of all these alleged connectivity issues...

Kinda wish they kept DRM and this shit turns out to be true. No one could play their brand new Xbone for months on end.

I just don't get it.

I loved the 360 and I loved Xbox Live since the OG Xbox but I could see how potentially bad this launch was going to be.

How anyone can justify spending $100 more on a machine that has the same core function (playing games) as the PS4 but a) is underpowered and b) may or may not be fully functional with all of its "features" is baffling to me.

Its like buying a smartphone and the salesman tells you that none of the apps work but they are working on a fix. You can call and text though!

I just don't get it.

I loved the 360 and I loved Xbox Live since the OG Xbox but I could see how potentially bad this launch was going to be.

How anyone can justify spending $100 more on a machine that has the same core function (playing games) as the PS4 but a) is underpowered and b) may or may not be fully functional with all of its "features" is baffling to me.

Its like buying a smartphone and the salesman tells you that none of the apps work but they are working on a fix. You can call and text though!

killer instinct!

I love Forza but it can wait until MS gets their shit together.

i'm struggling back and forth between keeping my pre-order or cancelling it. i honestly only want killer instinct but i feel like i could wait until later next year and then maybe get a bundle or something plus KI after season 1 is finished. i just don't know!

Ferny

i'm struggling back and forth between keeping my pre-order or cancelling it. i honestly only want killer instinct but i feel like i could wait until later next year and then maybe get a bundle or something plus KI after season 1 is finished. i just don't know!

Just save your money and dignity, man.

Smokey

stop being stubborn

console does 900p at max save for 1 game, broken xbl parties, $100 more for a NSA camera in your house. do the smart thing and get on dis killzone train

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im of the belief that this might be true but a bit exaggerated and it will be mostly ok at launch.

If the degree of the issues turn out to be what was described, holy shit.

Mrbob

Yeah my Xbone pre order is being canceled if these online issues are true.

I'll wait until a lower price in 2014 where hopefully MS has their shit together by then.

DMczaf

My Xbox One is already paid off on Amazon through trading in old iPad 3. Now I'm wondering if I should just sell my Day One Edition on launch week and make some money.

I want to play Killer Instinct and Crimson Dragon, but I swear every day theres a new XBO problem.

Trasher

calvin-johnson.jpg

eznark

Banned
770 wasn't able to run BF4 very well. I bought it as a stop-gap card over my 570 but I wouldn't recommend it as your years long card. I could've just gotten a bad one though considering it blew up playing fucking dota.

eznark

Banned
Didn't get a chance to fire it up yet. Will probably do so in a few minutes.

Demon joined dignitas? New throws coming in!

Smokey

Actually it looks to be $150 for 780. Need to try and flip this Titan, and for $300 bucks or so return to the land of SLI.

http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-...780-GTX-770-Prices-Announces-GTX-780-Ti-Price

pcper.com is reporting the price cuts as follows:

GeForce GTX 780 is getting dropped from $649 to $499, a $150 savings
GeForce GTX 770 2GB is going to drop from $399 to $329

And as a bonus:

The yet-to-be-released GeForce GTX 780 Ti is also getting a price - $699 based on the email we just received.

Eznark weren't you trying to ultra bf4 tho?

Mrbob

499 for the 780 including the 3 free games is awesome. Green team 4 lyfe.

What is the best evga 780? They have like 12 different ones.

eznark

Banned
Yeah I may actually sell my RMA'd 770 and get a 780 if I can get decent value. I'm going to build a new PC in March probably so I'm not totally sure it's worth it.

Mrbob

Depends on your gaming resolution. The 780 is a beast for 1080p. If you want to go higher you might want to wait for new cards.

eznark

Banned
That's true, there probably won't be a better card between now and March so it wouldn't be just a stopgap, it'd be the first card for my new build. Hm.

What is the tweet in reference to? Also, are you doing your sphincter stretches so that the Packers don't tear anything on Monday?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I bought that stanley parable game on a whim. Wish I had known it's just a choose your own adventure game. It's cool I guess but I doubt I'm gonna have the motivation to go through it like ten times.

Mrbob

The tweet is in reference to the next gen bf4 versions. But it looks to be a joke tweet.

I think nvidia has new cards planned for q1 to q2 2014 but these are going to be revisions. The new 20nm process doesn't happen until late 2014 and this is when we can expect some bigger jumps. The cards next year will be better but I doubt they'll be as good of a value we can get now.

Also, not worried about next week. Based McCown gonna light up the Packers d. Strategic injury by Jay because he always sucks against green bay.

Bears 52 Packers 47

Edit: The tweet isn't a joke after all? Disband Twitter.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I cant believe assassins creed 4 is out tomorrow. That series needs a break in the worst fucking way.

eznark

Banned
Yesterday was my last day of xbox live.

Tomorrow will probably be my first day of a renewed xbox live as my daughter apparently can't hear Mickey Mouse Clubhouse over the jet engine that is the PS3.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Ask your wife for permission to use her vacuum and suck some of the dust out.

Sokantish

Plus eznark, you're getting all those free games every month! It practically pays for itself. You can't afford to NOT pay for xbox live.

Yeah I may actually sell my RMA'd 770 and get a 780 if I can get decent value. I'm going to build a new PC in March probably so I'm not totally sure it's worth it.

Is that when maxwell is supposed to hit? Hopefully they run hot and are loud as shit. I like my GPU's like i like my women!

Bf4 is turning out to be the graphical showcase PC title, dethroning crysis 3. The SP shots in the OT o_O
That shit is making me want to upgrade my PC so bad

if I wanted to max out what would I need? I still have a sandy bridge i2500k and radeon HD 6950 flashed to 6970

DMczaf

With this shit storm on Xbox One happening, and Nvidia dropping their prices...

I think I'm going PS4 and 770 GTX, and using the money I saved on food.

Smokey

That shit is making me want to upgrade my PC so bad

if I wanted to max out what would I need? I still have a sandy bridge i2500k and radeon HD 6950 flashed to 6970

Depends on your definition of max. My definition is max settings at my resolution + 60fps. You won't get that with your setup. But if your definition of max is max settings at 30fps,that may not be out of the realm of possibility.

Your cpu is still fine, as long as you have it OC'd in the 4.4ghz + range.

eznark

Banned
Just sent in my video card. I'll pick up BF4 when I get the new card. Or probably I won't because by the time I get it next week we'll all have moved on to the new hotness...Dota 2.

Top Bottom