• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

brentech

Man. Just played solo Q as vengeful, team was getting wrecked all over the map. Opposing team had NP, lycan, mirana, warlock, dazzle....a lot of disappear and just good straight/spit pushing power type stuff. took us to our base with ease.

People actually started to listen to me and we just held off for a long time, once we started wiping their team we'd push a tower at a time, epic comeback victory. Feels good

Mrbob

New Xbox Live terms coming in the next week. MS going to force permission to spy on you:

A new terms of use agreement for Xbox Live will roll out later this week, Microsoft announced today, one that requires its users to agree to commit to keeping their account secure and, more importantly, allow the company to share certain personal data with its partners.

According to a post on Xbox Wire, the new Xbox Live terms of use "now asks all users to commit to keeping their contact information up to date" in an effort to bolster security.

"Protecting your account from unauthorized access and fraud is a top priority for us," the post reads. "It helps keep Xbox Live safer and more secure for everyone."

Microsoft's new terms also cover what information the company can share with partners who publish apps, like HBO Go, Netflix, ESPN, Last.fm and others that require a separate user account.

"If you choose to link this account with your Xbox Live account, we confirm key data points across the accounts by sharing data such as your name, address, email address and date of birth with the partner," the post reads. "In this TOU update, customers agree to allow Microsoft to share this information in this manner."

Wonder if Sony will do the same thing.

Trasher

dota_2___halloween_by_tiny_tyke-d5jq3wi.jpg

eznark

Banned
Strange. Missing effects in the PC version?

That's an enthusiast PC gaming site. Translation for non-German Gaf:

They're saying that it's almost impossible to see a difference between PS4 and PC version. They compared it to BF4 running on a high-end PC with a "pretty expensive Radeon card". They're also expecting that if you're an owner of a PC that costs less than 1000€ then it will look worse than on PS4 if you want to target 60fps. 60fps is almost perfectly available in PS4 version. Given the low price of the PS4, they say that this definitely speaks for the console and against the PC version. In this video the PS4 version looks brighter due to the recording that they're using. There are some effects like water drops on the windscreen that are missing in the PC version even though they are available for PS4. Shadows, level of detail, etc are indistinguishable. Game runs smoothly even in "bombastic scenes"

Smokey

Eznark they really improved the performance from the beta. Maybe it won't run like ass for you now.

Played for 3-4 hours. The action and sound is insane. Was some bad rubber banding going on though on each server I went to. Sound cutting in and out (others mentioned this too). Typical DICE launch.

Feels different than bf3..not as weighty or something I dunno. Seems lighter and maybe more twitchy. The COD effect.

eznark

Banned
Awesome, thanks! I was going to ask you about that. Maybe I'll go ahead and grab it anyway so that I can see the huge improvement from the 570 to the 770!

I feel like the environments are better and make me want to fight more. The maps just seem a lot busier and there is a lot less driving around downtime nonsense and more shit going on

I was surprised I could run it on ultra. How do I test my fps?

I like the new interface too. Except the weapons menu shit threw me off at first

Smokey

I feel like the environments are better and make me want to fight more. The maps just seem a lot busier and there is a lot less driving around downtime nonsense and more shit going on

I was surprised I could run it on ultra. How do I test my fps?

I like the new interface too. Except the weapons menu shit threw me off at first

Yeah there's a whole bunch of new shit to customize on the weapons. And the map layout is superior as fuck to bf3. I think bf3 was heavily influenced by the ps3 and 360 even though it obviously looked like a seperate game on PC.

I think teamwork is more important in bf4 with the new squad field upgrades and the fact that you can just talk in game without having to use shot battlelog.

For fps you'll have to use Fraps or perf_overlay_draw_fps 1 in the console. It's sad that I know that by memory but whatev.

Edit: based DICE with the official MP trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl-VV9loYLw&feature=youtu.be

eznark

Banned
lol, my insurance plan has ceased to exist and the equivalent option is now three times as expensive.

At least leeches can now get care though!

brentech

lol, my insurance plan has ceased to exist and the equivalent option is now three times as expensive.

At least leeches can now get care though!

That sucks, do you know know which part of requirements your plan didn't meet?
Good thing we hired Canadians to make that majestic website!

Don't know what your job is, but assuming you're kind of on your own here?

Just had a dualshock 4 arrive

eznark

Banned
That sucks, do you know know which part of requirements your plan didn't meet?
Good thing we hired Canadians to make that majestic website!

Don't know what your job is, but assuming you're kind of on your own here?

Just had a dualshock 4 arrive

No idea, my wife deals with the details. I just get the broad strokes.

Are you abusing that coverage by hanging out all day at the ER shake, is that why you never play dota anymore?

brentech

was just in a game where it was single draft, some dude died and rage quit. then once safe to leave the rest of my team quit. I stayed in the game and controlled all 5 people. for a little while I wiped the opposing team twice, but it just wasn't enough while only able to use other abilities as I could.

was pretty funny to see them actually have to defend me though

Smokey

No but they got rid of Brandon Jennings. That's as much of a net gain as signing ray Allen.

That's why you should be hyped!

eznark

Banned
Just looked up the roster. A bunch of guys kind of ring a bell, Ridnour definitely seems familiar as does Patchouli, Caron Butler I totally know. No idea on the rest. Larry Drew is a name I have never heard before this moment.

Nightz

Just looked up the roster. A bunch of guys kind of ring a bell, Ridnour definitely seems familiar as does Patchouli, Caron Butler I totally know. No idea on the rest. Larry Drew is a name I have never heard before this moment.

Have you heard of Uncle Drew?

eznark

Banned
Target has B2G1F on PS4 launch games. Fuck my Gamestop preorders, I'm going to Target!

I was just going to post this. Only shitty thing for me is the closest target is 40 minutes away (closest store is like 20 min away so it's not that big a deal) but by the time I get home maybe UPS will have dropped off the system.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Watching the MNF game last night reminded me of Madden 13 and how awesome the rebuilt Rams defense was. Robert Quinn was a beast there too. :(

Surprised the Rams D rounded into form so quickly, took me two off seasons, though I chose to rebuild the OL first.

Spoken like someone that just started watching basketball three years ago.

If I just started watching basketball three years ago then how would I know that the Heat have more titles in 6 years than the Knicks do in their entire franchise history?

BECAUSE I JUST DO

Top Bottom