• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

Both regular seasons (NCAA and NBA) are awful and meaningless. However, March Madness is a lot more enjoyable than the the NBA playoffs. Therefore, NCAA wins.

Nobody cares about March Madness for the product itself. You're either rooting for the school/area you care about or you got some office pool for money

Anybody who has a soul knows there's no comparison in quality

college basketball fucking sucks except for march madness. nba mostly sucks throughout but i do find SOME regular season games interesting and the playoffs are as well

Mrbob

I am playing right now, checking out my new card.

Smokey, it is glorious. I can run everything at 1080P on Ultra with 4XMSAA and HBAO and still average well over 60 FPS. My Min is like 65 and my max goes over 100. This is with my CPU at 3.8ghz (which should OC to at least 4.2 EZ ) and I haven't even tried to OC my 780 any further. Feels good.

Smokey

when are people playing battlefield

Smokey, it is glorious. I can run everything at 1080P on Ultra with 4XMSAA and HBAO and still average well over 60 FPS. My Min is like 65 and my max goes over 100. This is with my CPU at 3.8ghz (which should OC to at least 4.2 EZ ) and I haven't even tried to OC my 780 any further. Feels good.

We are going to test it out in 15 minutes!

12GB 780 Ti or bust

Okay so we got me, Smokey, Bob, and my friend from Cali in about 10 minutes. My friend got mumble so he can converse with us now

brentech

I don't think I have most of you on EA's friend list, what's everyone's ID so I can add for BF4?

same as everything, brentech

Both regular seasons (NCAA and NBA) are awful and meaningless. However, March Madness is a lot more enjoyable than the the NBA playoffs. Therefore, NCAA wins.
Pretty much this. I rarely enjoy watching basketball unless the games seem to count for something.

I did go to a cavs game last january, and that was cool, but on TV I have a hard time paying attention if it's not the playoffs. I kind of want to like it, but it's so hard

Dota2_Hero_PunchHim.gif

holy shit this stupid ass gif in Cyborgmatt's patch notes has me dying over here....

eznark

Banned
So Eznark would rather watch games like Butler-UConn over Heat-Spurs

Yep. I haven't watched a full NBA game in...13 years? Whenever the Bucks traded Allen. I think that was 2001. There's just nothing interesting to me about the NBA. I like defense.

Yep. I haven't watched a full NBA game in...13 years? Whenever the Bucks traded Allen. I think that was 2001. There's just nothing interesting to me about the NBA. I like defense.

there are still good defensive teams in basketball. pacers, bulls, grizz and a few others are excellent and there are some good defensive teams as well. the game hasn't drastically changed since you last watched it!

i would like basketball a lot more if i actually had a team to root for. i grew up watching the bulls of course because of jordan but i never developed into a true fan. last years finals was one of the best i can ever remember. you're missing out bruh! and that is coming from someone who just watches as a casual!

Smokey

Good BF games Bob and Phee. My co worker will probably run with us. Pretty cool dude and plays BF a lot.

We got lit the fuck up though except for that last game, but all of us were near the top of the leaderboards which means our teams just sucked ass tonight.

Smokey

Nvidia just kaboomed the 290X with the 780ti.15%–23% faster with a OC and will come in variants from 3gb-12gb. Dat 12gb gddr5. Ps4 lol

Mrbob

12GB of GDDR5 is cray. Are we rendering CGI movies now with our 780TI card?

Next generation of Nvidia cards (code name Maxwell ) sound pretty cool. Unified memory. So a setup basically let the PS4 where the GPU can access either pools of ram, but now with the benefit of being on a PC with a lot more of it. I'll upgrade my 780 to a second generation maxwell card in 2015.

Oh yeah the Dual Shock 4 is great. Now I need my system and games.

I was able to play Knack at the Best Buy demo unit. Controller felt great, the game was just ok.

Picking that game up so I can play some co-op with my 7 year old daughter.

Also thinking about picking up Pikmin 3, and does anyone have impressions on Wii Party U?

Picking that game up so I can play some co-op with my 7 year old daughter.

Also thinking about picking up Pikmin 3, and does anyone have impressions on Wii Party U?

i have wii party U. seems like it will be a lot of fun if you have a few people over but i've only played single player so far :/

Mrbob

That pic may be fake, but I think Amazon will match the deal. They just don't want to announce it now to lose potential sales.

On the topic, feels so bad to pay tax at Amazon now.

Are there drivers out for the DS4 on PC?

Some users have haxxed things, but no official drivers. Those won't come until 2014 I believe.

brentech

BF4 is very reminiscent of BF3 for me. First bunch of hours, I'm totally terrible at the game. And I only have an hour played so far....

Mrbob

Smokey, what program do you use to overclock your Titan? Do you use EVGA precision X software or something else?

Top Bottom