• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

That's if we can all get into the same game, same squad, without one of us going "My shit crashed!" or "It's not loading!"

Mrbob

Yeah BF4 crashes way too often for me. :( I'll still be on tonight to play.

Bob, Eznark Phee:

This is commander mode and what I was looking at.

This video is actually helpful and explains pretty much everything. Apparently I can talk to each squad commander via the mic too.

It was hilarious last night when I was pinned down by a tank with my only shelter a building and you were trying to drop a vehicle in my area for escape. But then the vehicle gets dropped on top of the building and I can't get to it!

I definitely had one of those BF moments last night. Wish I had shadowplay on to record. I'm in a chopper and we are taking damage from two enemy choppers. The driver lands the chopper on top of a skyscraper with almost no health left. The enemy choppers keep firing on our chopper and all of a sudden I see it burning. I turn around and sprint , jumping off the skyscraper as our chopper is exploding barely escaping while parachuting down to the ground to safety.

Smokey

I was trying to help you out you were fucked by that tank. I tried to provide you an atv so you could make an awesome getaway but lolz it didn't work out as planned. I really wanna do commander again though that video helped a lot.

As far as crashes..I haven't had one. You guys are using the 64-bit version of bf4 right? If you launch in origin it defaults to the 32-bit version. You have to right click, properties, and click the box to tell it to default to 64-bit when launching. I imagine these issues will be smoothed out this week.. this is a typical release for DICE.

And if you haven't try doing a clean install on your drivers. You just check a box on the nvidia side, dunno about AMD.

Splat

I've been staring at this all morning trying to forget the rest of the game.
bJ2pPtz.gif

Atkins out, Hall out, Gio banged up. I couldn't listen to NFL radio driving to work this morning, hurts too much.

Smokey

Singsingwatdafuk.gif

I didn't realize I had to activate 64 bit. I've been running 32 this whole time.

There should be a x64 shortcut on your desktop. But if you load up Origin first and click to play BF4, then it auto launches the 32-bit version unless you do what I mentioned in my previous post.

brentech

I'll have to try that. Only launched the game once (from Origin to browser to launch) and played for 10 min before it crashed due to directx error.

brentech

lol. maybe i'll wait a few weeks before bothering. BF3 is basically the only game that has crashed more than once on my system. fuck ea
blow up origin, start again

eznark

Banned
What does Origin have to do with anything? DICE doesn't even let you launch the damn game from Origin, you have to use the server browser.

People are so insanely irrational about Steam competitors.

brentech

You can't launch the game without being logged into Origin. Other games I've bought on Origin that aren't EA products like Witcher, I can launch from the folder if I choose to, and have never had an issue with.

Maybe Origin has nothing to do with anything, but I'll blame whoever the fuck I want until proven free of guilt.

Thanks Obama

brentech

Ran it for another 10 min or so, no crash with 64, but that's not a very long try.
I did turn on console fps, and need to lower a few settings. Currently running ultra textures and a few other things with everything else on high.
My 660 hangs around the 40s-50s, with occasional drops from there. Just too much back and forth, would rather a stable rate. Maybe I'll just try all high and see if that changes anything.

Smokey

I played for 1.5hrs earlier. No crashes. I dunno dudes! I do know that on shanghai if the tower is brought down it will crash everyone out of the server lol

eznark

Banned
The dude from Davidson? I know him. Problem with the NBA is that all the players are high schoolers who never played real basketball. I would probably like Curry!

I played one of the NBA games on 360. They are just so slow.

The dude from Davidson? I know him. Problem with the NBA is that all the players are high schoolers who never played real basketball. I would probably like Curry!

I played one of the NBA games on 360. They are just so slow.

interested in this eznark definition of real basketball

Smokey

Real basketball involves defenders sitting in zones while garbage players shoot brick after brick. And you watch them pass the ball around the 3pt line for 30 seconds before doing so. 50-60 point games REAL BASKTBALL

eznark

Banned
Real basketball involves defenders sitting in zones while garbage players shoot brick after brick. And you watch them pass the ball around the 3pt line for 30 seconds before doing so. 50-60 point games REAL BASKTBALL

So much better than one on one dunk fests. There is strategy beyond "give it to Kobe and run away" or "jump awkwardly into a dude to draw a foul and shoot 50 free throws every quarter"

Sanjuro

I'm still waiting for that all-white startup league. I haven't heard about it in some time, so maybe it's hit a snag. Can't imagine what though.

Smokey

So much better than one on one dunk fests. There is strategy beyond "give it to Kobe and run away" or "jump awkwardly into a dude to draw a foul and shoot 50 free throws every quarter"

Instead of dunks you get blown layups that barely graze the rim.

How come jimmer fredette can't do shit in the nba? He was so sound and smart in college. Lead the ncaa in scoring. What's the problem?

There's plenty of strategy in the nba. Kobe, lebron, durant etc are fucking elite of the elite. They just make it look easy as hell when playing and it looks like nobody is trying to stop them.

Smokey

Whewt whewt my GTX780 just shown up. Now I need a new screen for 1440P Dota. Waiting on Gsync though.

I'm always torn. I love 2560x1600, but I can't use my NV Surround setup with it because...I don't have 3 of those. But I really like the smooth as shit feel of the 1080p 120hz panels. Been talking with Sethos might do what he did and grab one of those Korean 1440p panels that can overclock to 120hz sometime down the line. You could look into one of those. They are relatively inexpensive as far as 1440p monitors go. Best of both worlds.

Mrbob

Look at the release date UBI gave me for my redeemed promo code on AC4:

This order will be shipped after the release date of 10/25/2016 for Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™.

Thanks UBI, you dicks!

I'm always torn. I love 2560x1600, but I can't use my NV Surround setup with it because...I don't have 3 of those. But I really like the smooth as shit feel of the 1080p 120hz panels. Been talking with Sethos might do what he did and grab one of those Korean 1440p panels that can overclock to 120hz sometime down the line. You could look into one of those. They are relatively inexpensive as far as 1440p monitors go. Best of both worlds.

I think I'm gonna get the 1080P Asus Gsync monitor when its available. Not sure if I want anything bigger than 24", plus I can push that frame rate higher. I'd rather try to get up to 120HZ now than higher resolution.
The biggest issue I have with a 1440P monitor is I'll have the same issue that all monitors have when the frame rate drops below 60. I need dat Gsync for completely smooth game play even with the occasional frame rate drops. If Asus offers a 1440P version I'll get it.

Top Bottom