• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

Mrbob

Walter Payton is awesome to use. Thank you based Doritos. My Ultimate Team QB/RB combination of RG3 and Payton is nasty.

TMNT is 15 dollars and I quit playing the demo about 5 seconds in

That's how much of a piece of shit it is

Also that one game we played late yesterday...wtf? I don't think I've ever gone through a single match without using my ult

Somnia

So I talked to 5 of my old employees from GameStop who are all now store managers and just got back from the GameStop managers conference out in Vegas. Thought I'd share some of their opinions on stuff:

Controllers:

XB1: They all agree'd it's a nice controller, but not as good as the DS4. They said the new controller is smaller than the 360 one and not as comfortable. The new sticks are smaller which most of them did not like. They did like the new rumble on the triggers though in Forza.

PS4: All 5 of them loved this controller and only one of them liked the dual shock 3 on the PS3. They said the shape of the controller is perfect, the new analog sticks are great and the new triggers work really well. They said the controller is very comfortable and pretty much all of them walked away hyped about the new controller which surprised me considering I knew what they liked last gen.

Games:

Dead Rising 3: Major framerate issues, while it looked ok parts of it screamed current gen. My friend Jake said the game felt fun, but the framerate issues killed any excitement he had for the game along with the screen tearing.

Ryse: Janky as fuck, easy as hell to play and no one liked it.

Killzone: Looked amazing, had major framerate issues still. Control wise they all said it felt majorly improved over KZ2 and 3. This is where I was told the new DS4 is amazing for FPS's to go along with what Luke has said.

Knack: It is what it is, thats what I was told by the only person who played it lol

GTAV: They saw a 40 minute demo of the game. They were all amazed and said it looks to return to San Andreas form of amazing for GTA. Get hyped!

That's all for now... no one got to play Titanfall out of them due to the line. A few saw Battlefield and played it, but they didn't tell me anything new that we don't know already.

Mrbob

I still can't believe MS spent 100 million dollars developing a controller that is worse than the 360 controller. They could have saved that money and just made the 360 controller compatible with XB1 if they were gonna fuck it up.

LukeSmith

XB1: They all agree'd it's a nice controller, but not as good as the DS4. They said the new controller is smaller than the 360 one and not as comfortable. The new sticks are smaller which most of them did not like. They did like the new rumble on the triggers though in Forza.

The DS4 massively shortened the gap that the 360/DS3 had. I think the controllers will mostly come down to personal taste this time. I agree with your friends criticisms of the new sticks on the Xbone. The Xb1 controller feels like someone needed to make changes to keep their job rather than attempting to improve on the almost-perfect 360 controller.

I really like the DS4, I've been using it every day for the last 3 months or so.

eznark

Banned
Good game Soka. I actually completed two contested jump balls. That's new. Read option with Rodgers is a beautiful nightmare.

The DS4 massively shortened the gap that the 360/DS3 had. I think the controllers will mostly come down to personal taste this time. I agree with your friends criticisms of the new sticks on the Xbone. The Xb1 controller feels like someone needed to make changes to keep their job rather than attempting to improve on the almost-perfect 360 controller.

I really like the DS4, I've been using it every day for the last 3 months or so.

literally the ONLY thing that should've been changed from the 360 controller is the crappy d-pad. otherwise, the perfect gaming controller. i am disappointed to hear this!

Mrbob

Glad to see Tiburon couldn't put any effort into changing the Bears offensive playbook even though they switched offensive schemes. Only difference is instead of saying Lovie Smith Offense it says Marc Trestman offense. All the plays are the same.

Good game Soka. I actually completed two contested jump balls. That's new. Read option with Rodgers is a beautiful nightmare.

Read Option with Rodgers? Oh god.

if there is a god, read option will be banned in league play. and this is coming from someone who could abuse it far more than any other team (maybe aside from the redskins)

i'm recreating the league tonight. there are some people who i was unable to send an invite to with the other league because they didn't have the game yet. so get the game!

eznark

Banned
DOTA GRUDGE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

filepicker%2FBX2cMy0LSsuw1DG6tlpg_tumbleweed.gif

Top Bottom