• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

new league is up. BEFORE YOU SIGN IN, PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW! READ IT YOU SONS OF BITCHES!

League Name: Neogaf2elecboogaloo
PW: jgar

1. This is an OWNER league! So be sure to choose owner! I don't give a shit if you want to create your own owner or pick an existing one.
2. DO NOT LEAVE THE LEAGUE OR "RETIRE" FOR ANY REASON IF YOU PLAN ON STAYING. YOU CANNOT COME BACK AS THE SAME TEAM. IF YOU DO THIS, YOU WILL EITHER NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY IN THE LEAGUE OR HAVE TO CHOOSE A NEW TEAM. I'M NOT RECREATING THE LEAGUE AGAIN.
3. The rosters are 75 man rosters. Why? Because we are going to play pre-season and you can do the cuts yourself. "BUT WHAT IF SOMEONE HAS SOME PLAYER THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BELONG TO ME AFTER THE CUTS THAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY!" Too bad! I did as much as I could to make it so that the big names switched teams (if you want to call them big names), but other than that the alternate universe of our league begins now. Deal with it!
4. The draft picks are what they are. If the game has not assigned you a draft pick that is owed in real life then too bad. That's just how it has to be since i personally have nothing to gain otherwise.
5. We are starting with pre-existing injuries off, as we have always done. In unrelated news, Michael Crabtree is a starting WR for the san francisco 49ers.
6. TURN BALL HAWK AND HEAT SEEKER OFF. DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE, EVERYONE IS GOING TO HAVE IT TURNED OFF. if there is some type of cheese epidemic with jump balls that ball hawk can counter then we can revisit it at that time.
7. TRADE REGULATIONS ARE STILL UNDER DISCUSSION. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WILLINGLY TRADE PLAYERS AT THIS TIME! and I disabled them for the time being anyways!
8. THERE ARE SLIDERS TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT RIGHT NOW IN THE FORM OF REDUCED QB ACCURACY AND REDUCED PASS BLOCKING. PLEASE GIVE FEED BACK WITHIN YOUR PRE-SEASON GAMES IF SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE MOVED UP OR DOWN
9. INJURIES ARE OFF FOR PRE-SEASON
10. 24 HOUR ADVANCE PERIODS FOR PRE-SEASON GAMES
11. IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE AROUND TO DO THE CUTS TIMELY THEN I WOULD SUGGEST YOU GET YOUR ROSTER DOWN TO 53 IMMEDIATELY, OR SUFFER LIKE G DID

That's all i can think of for now. Please sign in ASAP. To those that are playing for a team, please get your games done yesterday. Thank you brothers

rinse82

I'm all signed in. What's the plan for FA's after (or before?) pre-season is over?

I think we had a random FA draft order last time before the first season.

After the season there's a formal bidding process in-game for all available FA's.

What team are you?

eznark

Banned
Donald Trump rides again!

How the fuck do you complete collections in this dumb card game? I just looked at how much a Graham Harrell card is I'm the auction and it's $2000. What the fuck?

McNei1y

Making my gameface right now. Mister McNeily will be ready to own the Redskins/Falcons/Titans by tonight. (Live and I are playing game 2 and game 3 (if necessary) at some point today).

brentech

now we're going to have a mad dash on mechanical keyboards

my nearest microcenter is like an hour away. and in shitsville, for some reason most microcenters seem to be in shady areas.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ugh! Every time I try to create my "Gameface" on the EA Sports website it fails and my gateway connection dies.

LJ11

I'm not sure if they fixed the protection issues from last year. Seems like the same shit works.

Thought EJ would be fast but man he has a bazooka. Bills have a lot of Madden Superstars. Kiko Alonso is worthless, guy plays much faster than he's given credit for.

Smokey

Got the Black Widow Ultimate. Took me forever to pick between this and the Tt Sports G Unit. Ultimately I decided I didn't want anything called "G unit" in my home.

Oh, good choice. I've got the standard Black Widow. Had it since I built my machine in 2011. I think yours has a back light? If you do a lot of typing you'll really like the Cherry Blue keys in the keyboard. They are a bit loud, but provide really good feedback. I use it for work now and a Cherry Brown keyboard for my rig. A lot quieter than the Widow, but I prefer the Widow for typing and the feedback.

eznark

Banned
Oh, good choice. I've got the standard Black Widow. Had it since I built my machine in 2011. I think yours has a back light? If you do a lot of typing you'll really like the Cherry Blue keys in the keyboard. They are a bit loud, but provide really good feedback. I use it for work now and a Cherry Brown keyboard for my rig. A lot quieter than the Widow, but I prefer the Widow for typing and the feedback.
I actually just wanted the normal one but they didn't have it. No idea what else the ultimate gets you but probably nothing worth $50.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yup doesn't even matter the browser I use. I get my Gameface to the final step, it comes back with an error message giving me options to try again, see error report and troubleshoot and then my default gateway fails. Then I either have to troubleshoot my network connection or reboot my computer.

McNei1y

Live, any chance you're around now to get the game(s) in? I'm hoping to play sooner rather than later because I have some work I have to do.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fucking XBox keeps overheating. I opened it up and got rid of the dust in it and it's still giving me problems. I really don't want to replace this thing knowing that the new one is due out this year. Any tips?

eznark

Banned
I've never had a gaming keyboard before. What do you guys use the macro's for?

Best podcast host in the business wants into the PS4 league if we have room. He said he would post eventually.

Smokey

I've never had a gaming keyboard before. What do you guys use the macro's for?

Best podcast host in the business wants into the PS4 league if we have room. He said he would post eventually.

I don't use the macros at all. I think they mainly come in handy for things like MMOs or other games where a lot of clicking and be simplified by pressing a macro button. You could probably do some helpful things with macros and DOTA.

And who is the host you're talking about?

eznark

Banned
Rich Grisham, if you guys would listen to Press Row Podcast like I tell you to you'd know that.

My God this keyboard is GLORIOUS!!!!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Jeff Gerstmann plays Madden?

I actually dont think the Gerst is a great actual host of the bombcast. Its ends up reflecting his unorganized self even more than it did prior. Which is good and bad sometimes.

eznark

Banned
Gerstman is great as a host.I love that the conversations just continue regardless especially since Drew is so damn interesting.

Ferny

Rich Grisham, if you guys would listen to Press Row Podcast like I tell you to you'd know that.

My God this keyboard is GLORIOUS!!!!

What is so good about it? I never knew what the appeal of a mechanical keyboard is other than pressing things quicker or something.

Smokey

What is so good about it? I never knew what the appeal of a mechanical keyboard is other than pressing things quicker or something.

Response, feedback, durability. Hard to appreciate and describe until you get your hands on one and try it. There's different kind of switches (Red, Blue, Black, Green, Brown) that all provide a different feel. Comes down to preference but they are pretty sweet.

eznark

Banned
If nothing else, the build quality is just fantastic. Super sturdy, feels great to type on, the action is so satisfying.

Top Bottom