• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

eznark

Banned
Woah Luke is in New York?

BTrdM44IYAAdbmd.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Haha. It's hilarious how the defenders just watch a guy run by them.

But it isn't.

I am just as effective on defense if I set the controller on my lap and watch.

Haha. It's hilarious how the defenders just watch a guy run by them.

But it isn't.

I am just as effective on defense if I set the controller on my lap and watch.

the key to defense in this game is to trick your opponent for just long enough to make them panic or to let the pass rush get there (it happens sometimes!)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
the key to defense in this game is to trick your opponent for just long enough to make them panic or to let the pass rush get there (it happens sometimes!)

It's more the ability to react when an offensive player runs by the defender.
And it goes both ways so that's fine. It's still mind boggling when it happens.

Ugh I'm an interception machine!! Dang it.

McNei1y

GG CB. I like the feel of the game. I wasn't expecting much against you. I knew there would be some play calls that I get absolutely burnt on. And it happened. It's good to know these two things though:

1. I'm still terrible in open field tackling. I had help in the online ranked games and in the Livewire games but it's extremely noticeable here. This is going to be a long season if I don't fix that. Too many long gains/touchdowns out of nowhere because I can't lineup and tackle anyone. I just dive.
2. RGIII will fumble the ball whenever he runs it on a pass play. I mean three times? Luckily one of them was out of bounds but at that point, it didn't matter anymore. I can't tell if it was unlucky or if it's going to be the norm but that's going to hold me back from doing a lot of those tuck-and-run decisions when no ones there.

Also, on that first tuck and run play, I was mashing the hell out of the X button where I saw Moss complete his comeback route in the middle of the field. RGIII just stood there. I was so mad when I saw your guys rushing in.

And fuck the CPU for organizing my depth charts and putting Garcon and Moss on Kick Returns.

p.s. Sorry for one or two of those scrambling plays. I wasn't trying to Bo Jacskon with RGIII there.

Birdman02

GG True. A little sloppy by both of us with all of the turnovers. I think I've had a fumble on my first carry in every game I've played online...luckily, this one was overturned.

I looked foolish on a lot of plays trying to make tackles and just diving in the wrong direction. I just can't get the timing right to square up, so I am over-running some plays.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
It's like DCX never left

Interception machine? Haha.

I was half decent with this game for about an hour. My only big wins ever were a win against FMT and a very competitive game against Wellie (which wasn't a win even).

I'm glad to be playing again though. It's fun. I had my five and seven year old boys sitting on the couch with me cheering on the Falcons.
Well my youngest didn't know which team I was controlling at the start so he may have been warned that if he didn't change his tone he would have to leave the stadium. But other than that it was a great game.

LukeSmith

Interception machine? Haha.

I was half decent with this game for about an hour. My only big wins ever were a win against FMT and a very competitive game against Wellie (which wasn't a win even).

I'm glad to be playing again though. It's fun. I had my five and seven year old boys sitting on the couch with me cheering on the Falcons.
Well my youngest didn't know which team I was controlling at the start so he may have been warned that if he didn't change his tone he would have to leave the stadium. But other than that it was a great game.

Playing you will be as fun as it was beating Birdman in front of his son, too

McNei1y

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with tackling problems on defense... but based off the game with CB, I'm going to say I'm one of the worst ones (if not the worst one).

Trasher

I need to stop trying to play this game with one hand while I'm on the phone lol. My defenders really enjoyed running out of the way of AP that that game too. Wtf lol.

I got clowned. GG, Drizz.

Almost had the WR yardage record for one game!

I need to stop trying to play this game with one hand while I'm on the phone lol. My defenders really enjoyed running out of the way of AP that that game too. Wtf lol.

I got clowned. GG, Drizz.

Almost had the WR yardage record for one game!
Gg trash! Calvin had 309 yards but Stafford had 5 picks. I really like this offense. Nothing like having a 99 rated player! My rookies were awesome, Patterson led receivers, Rhodes had 2 ints with one for a TD, and Mauti returned onside kick for a TD.

Trasher

Gg trash! Calvin had 309 yards but Stafford had 5 picks. I really like this offense. Nothing like having a 99 rated player! My rookies were awesome, Patterson led receivers, Rhodes had 2 ints with one for a TD, and Mauti returned onside kick for a TD.
Tried to run my offense like they did today. Reggie couldn't get away from anyone though! BUFF REGGIE EA

Top Bottom