• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
gg q.

I feel like no lead is ever safe, as if the D is tight when you're behind or tied, then if you grab a lead they can't cover for shit.

DeAngelo Williams fucking killed me. Couldn't stop him or Cam on the ground.

LukeSmith

yessir gg, down 0-14 thought i might catch a L. Couldn't get anything going, but then I caught a fumble off you and that helped turn things around. That and knocking Flacco out of the game 3x. Thought he might be done after that last one.

Oh, like Flacco isn't equipped to run the read option in our sim league?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
We all must have got used to last year's game looking at the passing stats. I thought I had been killing it with Eli but I'm not even the #1 rated passer. Not even trying to spam Eli, it's just much easier to pass than run this year. Last game went 22/26, 4 TDs, 300+ yards. Never would have come close in last year's game.

LukeSmith

We all must have got used to last year's game looking at the passing stats. I thought I had been killing it with Eli but I'm not even the #1 rated passer. Not even trying to spam Eli, it's just much easier to pass than run this year. Last game went 22/26, 4 TDs, 300+ yards.

QB accuracy is totally insane this year.

We should also lower the shit out of WR ability

brentech

maybe i'm imagining things but i swear sliders do nothing. i mean i have qb accuracy down to 10 (out of 100) and i see no change
It doesn't all fall on QB accuracy. Try charter04 sliders from operationsports. Definitely the best I've found for sim football.
(good QB will still be pretty good, and bad will have a difficult time)

wasnt thinking about that. would think any adjustments made to human sliders would handle it, but yea. Haven't tried it myself. pretty dumb if it just doesn't plain work.

i tried sliders vs. cpu when the game first came out and there is definitely something that happens. honestly can't say i've noticed any actually working in human vs. human. it's dumb but par for the course with tiburon

brentech

yeah, that's ridiculous. hopefully all their new grand gesture design process changes for next gen actually does something to wake them up.

it all sounds very compelling, but they've always done a good job of making things sound like magic while still putting shit in your hands.

well i beat luke and then at the very end the servers disconnected. fucking stupid. our game was laggy as fuck too. i don't remember my games with luke being nearly that laggy last year! but maybe i am not remembering things correctly.

as for the game itself it is almost worthless to run coverage where your guy is playing back. really the best way to play defense (zone or otherwise!) is to get up on them and hope your pass rush gets there before someone breaks open (which they will) or confuse your opponent into making a bad throw too early.

we can kind of scheme around bad defensive play here and there but wtf @ the lag tiburon! wtf!

LukeSmith

12>>13>>>>>>25

Yeah it's pretty bad, I am going to play out this season and see how it is on PS4. Performance is bad, lag online is worse than ever, defense is non-existent, sliders don't work.

It's a pretty uninspired effort. And doesn't feel like a great use of my rare free time (plus: DOTA)

Mrbob

well i beat luke and then at the very end the servers disconnected. fucking stupid. our game was laggy as fuck too. i don't remember my games with luke being nearly that laggy last year! but maybe i am not remembering things correctly.

as for the game itself it is almost worthless to run coverage where your guy is playing back. really the best way to play defense (zone or otherwise!) is to get up on them and hope your pass rush gets there before someone breaks open (which they will) or confuse your opponent into making a bad throw too early.

we can kind of scheme around bad defensive play here and there but wtf @ the lag tiburon! wtf!

All my games have been lag fests so far and it is affecting on field performance. I don't know if it is lag or what but I had two situations where my receiver randomly decided to screw me over. Had a pass over the goal line to Marshall who decided to run out of the end zone before he caught the ball and get tackled at the half yard line. Next play I fumble the ball away and get no points. Then on a 4th and 3 I hit Bennett on a small hitch play and he runs backwards past the first down marker and I'm stopped on downs. Not really enjoying the game this year, too much garbage.

I find the owner stuff much more interesting than playing the game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yeah it's pretty bad, I am going to play out this season and see how it is on PS4. Performance is bad, lag online is worse than ever, defense is non-existent, sliders don't work.

It's a pretty uninspired effort. And doesn't feel like a great use of my rare free time (plus: DOTA)
Tbh I think that in house they just really turned down the effects of pursuit and play recognition. Guys overly bite on PAs and don't react well to other misdirection plays. I've also seen blitzers with free paths to the QB run away from the sack as well as the already documented issues with open field pursuit of the ball carrier.

eznark

Banned
Tbh I think that in house they just really turned down the effects of pursuit and play recognition. Guys overly bite on PAs and don't react well to other misdirection plays. I've also seen blitzers with free paths to the QB run away from the sack as well as the already documented issues with open field pursuit of the ball carrier.

It was probably easier to turn down defensive recognition and pursuit than actually make new behavior to deal with the option.

Mrbob

So am I reading this right and we can work the system to get BF4 for cheap on PS4?

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/upgrade-to-nextgen/

PlayStation Offers

All Retailers (EU, US)

Inside marked copies of Battlefield 4 for PlayStation®3 there will be a voucher with a unique code printed on it. This code will allow you the one-time opportunity until March 28, 2014 to purchase a digital version of Battlefield 4 via the PlayStation®Store for only $9.99/£9.99/9.99€. Check back here soon for more details.

Buy BF4 on PS3, take voucher code out, save it. Sell BF4 PS3 and make most of my money back then use $9.99 voucher for digital BF4 PS4.

Nightz

Nightz are you around to play? I leave at 5PM Pacific today and won't be back till late tomorrow night.

Sorry about last night, was too tired to play after Dota. Are you around now? My wife and I have to pick up my mother in law soon, so I have a small window.

Edit: When is the advance anyway?

Top Bottom