• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

After 9 is fine. How's 930 to be exact?

Also, I'm free tomorrow, I'll skip bball just so you can play GTA tonight if that's what you want. You're call.

9:30 is fine. The more I keep hearing from the peanut gallery in this thread, the less excited I am for GTA V anyway.

Smokey

For those who got GTA V on PS3...does anybody still have a 60gb ps3? I need to know if it's maybe my old system causing all of this stuttering or what. Headache inducing, but it could be my hardware since I know the older systems had issues with TLOU?

For those who got GTA V on PS3...does anybody still have a 60gb ps3? I need to know if it's maybe my old system causing all of this stuttering or what. Headache inducing, but it could be my hardware since I know the older systems had issues with TLOU?

I have a 60gig PS3 but I wont touch GTA V until it hits PC!

eznark

Banned
I felt like I had significant issues with MLB this year that others claimed they did not. I sort of chalked it up to my launch unit shitting itself, so I wouldn't doubt it GTA fucks with it as well.

eznark

Banned
I finally played some hockey today! Won my first card match. I might play after the movie, I'll let you know. I would guess not though.

Ferny

wrong

it's noticeable within the games prologue and even worse when you get in the car and drive around with Franklin

Game also re confirms that the Dual Shock 3 completely fucking sucks.

Wrong? Is Smokey TV turned on for me and I didn't know it since you know something I don't?

I've had zero issues in either of those instances. Jaggies and such here and there, yeah for sure, but zero framerate problems.

Smokey

Wrong? Is Smokey TV turned on for me and I didn't know it since you know something I don't?

I've had zero issues in either of those instances. Jaggies and such here and there, yeah for sure, but zero framerate problems.

Just because you cant notice frame rate dips doesn't mean it's not there. It's documented that both versions dip in the low 20s and there's video to back it up. And it's annoying as hell to me especially when driving. Some of it could be my old system, but there are definitely drops.

Also: When is madden advance

brentech

Last year I think that talk was mostly tongue in cheek. The game was, for the most part, totally fine. I don't think it's terribly funny this year as the game seems completely fucked.

Who wants to go to Columbus with me!?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/mlg-ch...50000-dota-2-tournament-ti3-champions-6414528
Holy fuck. I might have to go to that.
I actually worked at the convention center before for Cisco setting up network for a SchoolNet conference. I think the building has undergone some changes, but curious where the games will be played/spectated. I'm sure they've added or changed the general setup.

My launch unit's PSU died back in 2009. =/

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Man, sometimes you guys are a bunch of complaining babies when it comes to games. :)
Game runs fine.
Stop comparing every console experience to your macked out gaming PC.

You are the "she ain't hot cause she has sharp knees" of game critics.

Smokey

I think I solved that stuttering issue. My damn TV was in movie mode and had some extra settings on. Put it on Game Mode and it's a lot better. Not nearly as bad now.

Man, sometimes you guys are a bunch of complaining babies when it comes to games. :)
Game runs fine.

Below 30fps isn't fine. But ok!

LJ11

Would give you a good game Az but that shit was Madden 25 in all of it's glory.

Shit injuries, yup. Wide open drops, yup. Fumbles, yeah we got those too. Dumb KR, yup.

Amazing that in league where KRs are dead, you can break one without even juking in the true football simulator.

Would give you a good game Az but that shit was Madden 25 in all of it's glory.

Shit injuries, yup. Wide open drops, yup. Fumbles, yeah we got those too. Dumb KR, yup.

Amazing that in league where KRs are dead, you can break one without even juking in the true football simulator.

Yeah man, we both got one goofy kick return a piece, yours just came when it counted. Good game, though. At least it was close!

played an hour or so of gta V on ps3. framerate drops are nasty in spots but the game is still fun. draw distance is really good from what i've seen and not too much pop-in. shooting system reminds me of RDR which is a good thing!

kinda bummed about no custom soundtracks but i don't mind too much because the soundtrack is pretty good. love that old school rap that takes me back to my younger days. nothing about the previous sentence is true tho

Mrbob

qZrVMng.jpg

D:

Game runs fine.

In Smokey's defense, when you are used to a certain level of quality it is extremely tough to go back.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Unplayable is a weird term that gets tossed around way too much.

Saints Row 4 runs fairly bad on consoles. Its not unplayable. Its just a technically poor experience.

Unplayable was Sim City or Diablo the first week

Smokey

Really striking the difference in tone between GTA IV and V. Has anybody done one of Michael's side missions? With the guy protesting for weed? Hilarious and the complete opposite of IV

Ramirez

Unplayable is a weird term that gets tossed around way too much.

Saints Row 4 runs fairly bad on consoles. Its not unplayable. Its just a technically poor experience.

Unplayable was Sim City or Diablo the first week

An unstable frame rate will give me severe headaches, thus unplayable for me personally.

Really striking the difference in tone between GTA IV and V. Has anybody done one of Michael's side missions? With the guy protesting for weed? Hilarious and the complete opposite of IV

lol that weed mission was awesome. looks like they aren't afraid to borrow some absolute ridiculousness from saints row!

eznark

Banned
I watched Vinny play yesterday, if you are ever given the option of murdering the kid with the neck tattoo please let me know because it would actually sell me on the game.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I've played about an hour of GTAV. It felt like I was playing "Friday: The Game"

Haha. Yeah you nailed it.

And I know when you compare it to Smokes elite gaming rig this must look horrible. But we are having this conversation in a Madden thread. Yeah Madden the game that pauses while the ball is in the air sometimes. The framerate I have seen in GTA is totally fine and acceptable.
To be honest I'm much more critical of screen tearing and pop in than framerate, but I will do my best to overlook it of the game is enjoyable.

I watched Vinny play yesterday, if you are ever given the option of murdering the kid with the neck tattoo please let me know because it would actually sell me on the game.

Hahaha. He has some pretty funny scenes man. Jimmy has earned his life with his humor.

Smokey

Which one

Eznark have you ever watched Friday. You might enjoy it!

Smokey

Haha. Yeah you nailed it.

And I know when you compare it to Smokes elite gaming rig this must look horrible. But we are having this conversation in a Madden thread. Yeah Madden the game that pauses while the ball is in the air sometimes. The framerate I have seen in GTA is totally fine and acceptable.
To be honest I'm much more critical of screen tearing and pop in than framerate, but I will do my best to overlook it of the game is enjoyable.

Madden gaf always gives madden a pass because it's the nfl. Although maybe that's changed with m25 *shrug

Also the frame rate is terrible. You see that screen above where it says 16fps right? It's not like that the majority of the time but when serious shit goes down it starts choppin it up

I don't even know how the framerate issues are debatable.

Smokey

I feel like I already regret my purchase and I haven't even played it yet

Either that or shit ain't as bad as it seems

Nah game is a beast, but the overall IQ and inconsistent framerate is pretty bad and holds it back. I put it in the same category as The Last of Us. A game that really should've been released on ps4 to let it shine. If you play on PC It's a lot easier to notice these things.

Rockstar some misleading motherfuckers though using the pc / next gen version for their trailers. No wonder hardly any game play was shown before release

Smokey

Decided to buy the PS3 version last night, and man, the framerate sucks in the city areas while driving. I was not bothered at all by the framerate in The Last of Us even though it often hovered below 30, because the action in that game is never very fast paced.

In GTA5 the driving just hammers home how unstable the motion is. That's the only point I really notice it, but you do a lot of driving in this game. :(

I guess this guy is a liar too!

Ferny

I never said the the problems weren't there, I said I myself was not having as many issues. He said he had issues driving with framerate drops and I have yet to have that issue. The times where the framerate do drop, it's not that bad FOR ME. Not really sure what you even expected on very old consoles at this point and seeing how open world games have performed on them within the last two years.

Smokey

I never said the the problems weren't there, I said I myself was not having as many issues. He said he had issues driving with framerate drops and I have yet to have that issue. The times where the framerate do drop, it's not that bad FOR ME. Not really sure what you even expected on very old consoles at this point and seeing how open world games have performed on them within the last two years.

But you just said the game is fine. Indicating that it's not just ok for you, but the product itself doesn't have issues and that's not true. In the post above you just clarified that YOU aren't having that many issues. That's different from what you originally said.

There's a difference between you having a superior ps3 from everybody else and the product having issues which is backed up by evidence.

Mrbob

Smokey, relax brah. We know the console versions of GTA have frame rate issues. I just got done playing SR4 on PC at 60FPS and it is glorious so going to GTA5 is somewhat jarring, but there is no reason to keep harping on the frame rate. Old ass consoles running a game they probably shouldn't be able to run. Just wait for the PS4/PC version if you are this unsatisfied.

Ferny

So you define different levels of what "fine" is for me? Just because you have different expectations, does not mean everyone shares those same ones on how the game performs.

eznark

Banned
Actually listening to the GB guys talk about GTA I'm kind of excited for it to come to PC. It sounds like they moved away from the oppressively heavy-handed bullshit of GTA IV and went back to a more light hearted goofy story.

Top Bottom