• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

Mrbob

Lolol, Smokey, you have such a short fuse!

Actually listening to the GB guys talk about GTA I'm kind of excited for it to come to PC. It sounds like they moved away from the oppressively heavy-handed bullshit of GTA IV and went back to a more light hearted goofy story.

I've been a bit hard on GTA5 based on GTA4, and haven't played much, but what I have this is absolutely the case. They have some full shows on TV in the game. I watched Repulican Space Rangers and it is hilarious. I think the whole episode took almost 20 minutes.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smoke if you find the game unplayable then don't play it man. What's the benefit to you by playing it now?

If you find the framerate unacceptable you need to make a decision to either overlook it and try to enjoy the game for what it is or decide to not play it.

Smokey

Nothing has escalated.. it's fucking video games lol

I'll deal with the framerate and then probably double dip on PC or next gen. I'm just saying that stating there isn't any frame rate issues with the game is not true. Whether it bothers you or not is a matter of opinion but that the game has issues in that department is fact.

Somnia

I'll deal with the framerate and then probably double dip on PC or next gen. I'm just saying that stating there isn't any frame rate issues with the game is not true. Whether it bothers you or not is a matter of opinion but that the game has issues in that department is fact.

I don't think anyone is disputing there are problems, but some of us can withstand lower FPS than others. I think part of that is Ferny and I are long time MMO fans and in the past sometimes you were stuck with low FPS and you just adjusted. I can play games with framerates in the 20s and be fine... now granted I haven't booted up GTA V yet so I don't know how it runs.

AZ, I have you next. Any chance you could play tonight after the advance, pretty please? I am going out of town Thursday-Saturday and while I can bring my box with me, chances are the internet out in West Texas is fucking ass and I might have to resort to tethering.

Sokantish

I don't think anyone is disputing there are problems, but some of us can withstand lower FPS than others. I think part of that is Ferny and I are long time MMO fans and in the past sometimes you were stuck with low FPS and you just adjusted. I can play games with framerates in the 20s and be fine... now granted I haven't booted up GTA V yet so I don't know how it runs.

I play like every mmo that releases and if I get 20 fps I am FREAKING OUT. I thought someone said the game drops to the teens in FPS at points? That ain't cool, man!

Somnia

I play like every mmo that releases and if I get 20 fps I am FREAKING OUT. I thought someone said the game drops to the teens in FPS at points? That ain't cool, man!

You played old school EQ on 50+ man raids? Shit was always in the 20s. Notice I said OLD SCHOOL (in the past) mmo's not modern day. Raids use to drop FPS's like mad way back when. I remember having to stare at the wall on EQ raids as a cleric so my timing wouldn't be off.

I believe the 360 version drops to the teens yes.

Mrbob

Or you could complain about it the whole time while enjoying it, that's what I do with madden.

You were right about the Shoshone in Civ 5, territory beasts. Plus pathfinders are awesome. I think my next game I'm going to try out Venice. No settlers, can't annex cities? Crazy. Trade kings though, sounds fun. Make one mega capital city.

Why did you wait to tell me Civ 5 online is massive fun?!

brentech

I've only played to the point where the first job is set up(but not played yet). Feel like it's finally getting somewhere.
I'd be further but the call of Dota still wins me over and I stopped to play it yesterday.

Sokantish

You played old school EQ on 50+ man raids? Shit was always in the 20s. Notice I said OLD SCHOOL (in the past) mmo's not modern day. Raids use to drop FPS's like mad way back when. I remember having to stare at the wall on EQ raids as a cleric so my timing wouldn't be off.

No, I was playing Ragnarok Online when people were playing EQ. Huge mistake on my part, what a terrible game to play

You were right about the Shoshone in Civ 5, territory beasts. Plus pathfinders are awesome. I think my next game I'm going to try out Venice. No settlers, can't annex cities? Crazy. Trade kings though, sounds fun. Make one mega capital city.

Why did you wait to tell me Civ 5 online is massive fun?!

They are amazing. Pathfinders are the reason they are so good, the territory is just a bonus. A really insane bonus, I think they need nerfed. No other civ compares to how good they are

Nightz

No, I was playing Ragnarok Online when people were playing EQ. Huge mistake on my part, what a terrible game to play

They are amazing. Pathfinders are the reason they are so good, the territory is just a bonus. A really insane bonus, I think they need nerfed. No other civ compares to how good they are

Ragnarok Online was awesome on private servers. The WoE's would drop to 0 FPS!

Sanjuro

Using the HDD and USB combo for 360 has been pretty smooth for me.

Smokey

I see. Well, I prefer 24fps anyway! I like my games to have that nice cinematic feel.

/gaf

AZ, I have you next. Any chance you could play tonight after the advance, pretty please? I am going out of town Thursday-Saturday and while I can bring my box with me, chances are the internet out in West Texas is fucking ass and I might have to resort to tethering.

When is the advance? If it's some late left coast time, probably not. If it's earlier, I should probably be around.

The dota guys won't be pleased if we can't do game 5 because of it, though!

Mrbob

Is it time for a red team resurgence? Interview with AMD exec here:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...adeon-cards-next-gen-consoles-7990-criticism/

Sounds like BF4 is going to be bundled with upcoming AMD cards:

But the burning question among my readers is: Will you add Battlefield 4 to Never Settle Forever?

“What I will say is that we are the Battlefield 4 hardware partner for APUs, CPUs, and GPUs…”

Also, not going Titan priced level it seems:

You’re holding a press event in the near future to discuss your next-generation Radeon series, but what can you tell me right now?

“They’re coming in Q4. I can’t reveal a pricepoint but we’re looking at more traditional enthusiast GPU pricepoints. We’re not targeting a $999 single GPU solution like our competition because we believe not a lot of people have that $999. We normally address what we call the ultra-enthusiast segment with a dual-GPU offering like the 7990. So this next-generation line is targeting more of the enthusiast market versus the ultra-enthusiast one.

“It’s also extremely efficient. [Nvidia's Kepler] GK110 is nearly 30% bigger from a die size point of view. We believe we have the best performance for the die size for the enthusiast GPU.

“Another thing I can tell you is about the process node: this GPU is in 28nm. Some have speculated that it was 20nm and it’s not for a specific reason: At 28nm for an enthusiast GPU, we can achieve higher clock speeds and higher absolute performance.”

Sept 25 event should be interesting. Only a week to go!

eznark

Banned
DOTA THROWDOWN GRUDGE MATCH CHECK IN

Gave Five tonight @ 11pm (??) EST. Quote and add your name if you are in. First five people on each team are the participants. Fuck your mom if you have a problem with it.

Team Shake
eznark

Team Crow

Let's treat Team Crow like the entire NFL is going to treat the Redskins this year.

LiveWire

Gave Five tonight @ 11pm (??) EST. Quote and add your name if you are in. First five people on each team are the participants. Fuck your mom if you have a problem with it.

Team Shake
eznark

Team Crow
LiveWire

I'm in

Splat

Team Shake
eznark

Team Crow

Let's treat Team Crow like the entire NFL is going to treat the Redskins this year.

I'm in! What happens if shake goes to sleep at 7pm again :-|

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The pier in GTA being so spot on to the actual Santa Monica pier is pretty great. I got a smile out of seeing the arcade in its proper place.

Mrbob

Then we rename it Team Bob!

Youre-God-Damn-Right-Walt-In-Breaking-Bad-Reaction-Gif.gif

Game 5 doesn't happen unless crow and I are both there... It is a grudge match afterall

Your fault ez for not automatically putting our names down!

Top Bottom