• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '25 PS4 CCM Thread: Meet the new gen, same as the old gen

Jtrizzy

Turn on legacy audible menus in the options. I forget what the exact name of it is. "pre-snap controls" I think.

I can't find it. Damn that would be nice.

huh? hit square then D-pad left/right and change formation
unless i'm totally misunderstanding you

So I have to use a custom playbook for my team because the game has these weird rules where you can't substitute WR's in for TE in certain Shotgun WR type formations. So in order to get my guy where I wanted him, I added Shotgun spread to my team's offense, which of course doesn't have a crucial play from my main formation. The problem is when I audible from that formation, it the only option it gives me (formation) is hail mary.

The problem with the audibles is that I like moving different players into various spots on the field. I like to audible from a 4 wr 1 rb set to 5 wr set but can't the way it's set up. It's a bug that will surely go unfixed. Now this wouldn't be an issue if I could customize my hot routes like you used to be able to.

brentech

got a few friend requests, are these people in the league?

BulletSmoke
te8243310
termayne

Not big on adding people just because. If you're name doesn't match your neogaf name, send a message =\

Smokey

-Next gen
-New system for Madden
-My first time playing Madden on PS4
-First time in 10+ years playing Madden with a dual shock
-Highly regressed Texans team

Still beat Twinhead. Somethings just never change.

I own your soul

Ramirez

lol!

Miller dropped winning TD with like 5 seconds left, eat my dick.

Smokey put up 67 passing yards with Keenum all game, I like his chances in the league.

Smokey

my first time even seeing madden on my screen in months and i made you eat a nut. you have been dominated by me for something like 2 yrs now. EAD

i already told you my proposal via aim:

trade me jeremy lamb in 2k and i will throw every game in madden that we play from now on. that way you feel better and i get ray allen jr in 2k

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I can't find it. Damn that would be nice.

So I have to use a custom playbook for my team because the game has these weird rules where you can't substitute WR's in for TE in certain Shotgun WR type formations. So in order to get my guy where I wanted him, I added Shotgun spread to my team's offense, which of course doesn't have a crucial play from my main formation. The problem is when I audible from that formation, it the only option it gives me (formation) is hail mary.

The problem with the audibles is that I like moving different players into various spots on the field. I like to audible from a 4 wr 1 rb set to 5 wr set but can't the way it's set up. It's a bug that will surely go unfixed. Now this wouldn't be an issue if I could customize my hot routes like you used to be able to.

It's not a bug. They changed the audible system so that you can no longer shift between multiple formations presnap. Too easy to exploit.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I might regret this considering the sheer amount of time this game is gonna take when i already have a stack of shit on consoles i dont have time for.

...Does anyone wanna play Path of Exile? It seems pretty cool. Dota/Diablo bros!

Ferny

I might regret this considering the sheer amount of time this game is gonna take when i already have a stack of shit on consoles i dont have time for.

...Does anyone wanna play Path of Exile? It seems pretty cool. Dota/Diablo bros!

I have a pretty low level character that I could run with you guys.

bad news for league play. my boy lukems won't have time to play as he finishes Destiny :(

now smokey has a free run in the AFC south! SOMEONE TAKE THE COLTS!

p.s.

i will be activating the league shortly as there really isn't anyone else we are waiting for. we have 24 people signed in. if you come across anyone interested let them know!

waiting to hear from mcneily and hover before i turn on the switch but a few things of note:

1. TRADE REQUESTS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED TO ME FOR APPROVAL! during the off-season, i will open up trades without approval so long as it involves a draft pick but for now no open trading.

2. YOU NEED TO HAVE 53 MEN ON THE ROSTER! i'll be checking periodically to make sure you do! dont try to circumvent the cap or suffer like g did!

3. Again i must remind, please don't run up the score. Don't make me spell it out.

4. I know you are all wondering and no, ramirez will not be allowed to play the CPU even though we have multiple CPU teams. I am a man of my word and I said as long as I am commish he will never again play the CPU! so his options are to find a fill in (matrix has the game and MWS and some other people who aren't in the league!) or accept the sim.

5. FA is open to whatever. Sign whoever you want in FA i don't care.

Smokey

4. I know you are all wondering and no, ramirez will not be allowed to play the CPU even though we have multiple CPU teams. I am a man of my word and I said as long as I am commish he will never again play the CPU! so his options are to find a fill in (matrix has the game and MWS and some other people who aren't in the league!) or accept the sim.

looool

Splat

waiting to hear from mcneily and hover before i turn on the switch but a few things of note:

1. TRADE REQUESTS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED TO ME FOR APPROVAL! during the off-season, i will open up trades without approval so long as it involves a draft pick but for now no open trading.

2. YOU NEED TO HAVE 53 MEN ON THE ROSTER! i'll be checking periodically to make sure you do! dont try to circumvent the cap or suffer like g did!

3. Again i must remind, please don't run up the score. Don't make me spell it out.

5. FA is open to whatever. Sign whoever you want in FA i don't care.

I still need to sign in! Doing it shortly.

well i was going to start it a little early tonight but i'm still waiting on splat, hover, wellington and mcneily so i will just do it tomorrow night as i had planned. sorry early birds!

Will FMT call Ramirez's bluff?

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

did anyone order something from amazon on BF and have it delivered today? i've never had the post office deliver anything on sunday in my life. thought it was weird

I probably won't be around tonight until after 11 but if you're free around 6-7 we could try that. PM me, though! Digging through this thread to schedule a game ain't practical.

Do you have me added on PSN? I could send you a message that way. Also, it looks like FMT isn't advancing until late tonight anyway, so maybe tomorrow would be better for the both of us.

brentech

Is pre-season not run? Not that I particularly care to play them, but in terms of getting to cut the people you want and such? Realized Phee asked me to play the other night, but he has my week 1 regular season game in the Dolphins.

Not sure how you run that stuff

Watching Dendi on twitch is pretty nice. Talks about what he's doing / going to do and usually pulls it off. Only played windrunner all morning, lol
Right now he's analyzing a game in replay mode against Alliance. Nice to get an understanding how he thinks/sees things.

njean777

Ok let me preface this with saying that I haven played a madden since 06, so where the fuck season mode? I tried connected franchise and they wanted me to pick a player, coach, or manager. I just want to play season mode with a team and make it to the super bowl...

brentech

Ok let me preface this with saying that I haven played a madden since 06, so where the fuck season mode? I tried connected franchise and they wanted me to pick a player, coach, or manager. I just want to play season mode with a team and make it to the super bowl...

So choose coach or owner and allow the game to sim the rest of the functions other than playing. You just select to play your game in the ACTIONS menu and then advance to next week when done, it will take care of the rest unless you choose to do it.

njean777

So choose coach or owner and allow the game to sim the rest of the functions other than playing. You just select to play your game in the ACTIONS menu and then advance to next week when done, it will take care of the rest unless you choose to do it.

Oh ok thank you, I thought they may have taken that out or something.

Ramirez

Here's my problem with FMTs hard ass stance over something so stupid and trivial. Crow was removed from the league for multiple people complaining about his play style, but let back in the following year. DCX cheated, yet was given a slap on the wrist. But I get bored against the CPU and pad stats one game and FMT decides that's the only problem worth following through with on long term punishment? lulz

Not that I really care about crow being let back in, or was looking for DCX to be banned or anything. I just find it silly that in a season where you're probably gonna end up playing, 4-5 CPU games possibly, FMT decides he has to uphold a ban on something that happened like 2 years ago. The game might as well be a coaster if I can't participate in the league, but if I have to endure 5 sims, and then miss out on playoffs because of it, it's hard for me to want to invest the time.

TLDR; srs businezz

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am sorry bros. I will sign in tonight. Hopefully whoever my opponent is didn't just go and play. :/

What are the advance time frames? Headed out of town Thursday - Monday and I'll take the PS4 if it's an issue.

Smokey

Here's my problem with FMTs hard ass stance over something so stupid and trivial. Crow was removed from the league for multiple people complaining about his play style, but let back in the following year. DCX cheated, yet was given a slap on the wrist. But I get bored against the CPU and pad stats one game and FMT decides that's the only problem worth following through with on long term punishment? lulz

Not that I really care about crow being let back in, or was looking for DCX to be banned or anything. I just find it silly that in a season where you're probably gonna end up playing, 4-5 CPU games possibly, FMT decides he has to uphold a ban on something that happened like 2 years ago. The game might as well be a coaster if I can't participate in the league, but if I have to endure 5 sims, and then miss out on playoffs because of it, it's hard for me to want to invest the time.

TLDR; srs businezz

Karma for how you treated madden gaf during your halo tourney gettogether

brentech

I am sorry bros. I will sign in tonight. Hopefully whoever my opponent is didn't just go and play. :/

What are the advance time frames? Headed out of town Thursday - Monday and I'll take the PS4 if it's an issue.
League isn't started yet. Don't have to worry.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

TLDR; srs businezz

oh

Top Bottom