• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '25 PS4 CCM Thread: Meet the new gen, same as the old gen

brentech

Man. Haven't had to buy a Vita game in some time. Huge fucking backlog of good games, some that I bought a long time ago, and others I just keep getting free on PS+.
Just downloaded Rayman Origins and Soul Sacrifice.
Not sure I played a Rayman game before, but it's pretty fun just a few minutes it. Some nice platforming

BigAT

Man. Haven't had to buy a Vita game in some time. Huge fucking backlog of good games, some that I bought a long time ago, and others I just keep getting free on PS+.
Just downloaded Rayman Origins and Soul Sacrifice.
Not sure I played a Rayman game before, but it's pretty fun just a few minutes it. Some nice platform off.

I can't speak for the Vita version, but Rayman Origins was one of my favorite games last generation.

Mrbob

Amazon is selling Tearaway for 29.99 right now, both digital and physical, so I took the plunge with a digital code. Been playing the last two hours and wow. What an amazing platformer to play after finishing Mario 3D World. Two great platforming games back to back. We'll see how the game fully shapes up but right now its on 3D World tier for me. Shame it is on Vita so hardly anyone will play it, but looks like Sony finally has their own Nintendo studio.

First Vita game I've played which properly uses the back touch as well in a functional matter which makes sense.

They have this new dota ranking thingy (mydotaskill.com), so I entered all of our dota buffs to see the results! (bren and nightz are still pending)

:
  1. BigAT 783
  2. Trasha 774
  3. shake 774
  4. Rubx 772
  5. Crow 736
  6. Az 636
  7. Ferny 540
  8. CB 532
  9. Splat 525
  10. Ez 489
  11. Rors 468
  12. Boobs 431

Not very accurate if you ask me... no way am i anywhere near AT and no way are Ferny/Ez that low. Too bad Luke doesn't still play with us so he can give us a definitive tier list

The only rating that matters is shake 774 > Crow 736. EAD CROW!!!!

Shake 2, Crow 0

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ive been watching dota video's for like the first time ever. We need to do try hard builds. 5 minute support smoke ganks!

Ferny

Hey FMT, I won't be able to get in on this for a while. No PS4 for a couple weeks it looks like. Same goes for the NBA2k league, Smokey.

Ferny

Long story but basically first ps4 messed up. Got sent a second one but the disc drive was messed up right when I got it. Amazon was going to send a third but instead has me talking to Sony and I won't get my replacement from them for 2 weeks or so.

Somnia

I'm also going to have to back out of the league. Probably won't have a PS4 till March for The Show and infamous now.

damn that sucks ferny. there should still be a spot for you either way, don't think we'll fill up to 32 and i'll keep the jets open (not like people were interested in them anyways!)

in league related news, we will start monday! looks like there are 22 people signed in. players missing:

smokey (texans)
hover (saints)
splat (bengals)
luke (colts)

here is a link to the league website (which i will put in OP as well):

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/connected-franchise/league/standings/6222.ps4

i'll also be simming through pre-season so monday starts at regular season!

rinse82

damn that sucks ferny. there should still be a spot for you either way, don't think we'll fill up to 32 and i'll keep the jets open (not like people were interested in them anyways!)

in league related news, we will start monday! looks like there are 22 people signed in. players missing:

smokey (texans)
hover (saints)
splat (bengals)
luke (colts)

here is a link to the league website (which i will put in OP as well):

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/connected-franchise/league/standings/6222.ps4

i'll also be simming through pre-season so monday starts at regular season!

Let me move to Toronto this time!

brentech

They have this new dota ranking thingy (mydotaskill.com), so I entered all of our dota buffs to see the results! (bren and nightz are still pending)

:
  1. BigAT 783
  2. Trasha 774
  3. shake 774
  4. Rubx 772
  5. Crow 736
  6. Az 636
  7. brentech 635
  8. Ferny 540
  9. CB 532
  10. Splat 525
  11. Ez 489
  12. Rors 468
  13. Boobs 431

Not very accurate if you ask me... no way am i anywhere near AT and no way are Ferny/Ez that low. Too bad Luke doesn't still play with us so he can give us a definitive tier list

The only rating that matters is shake 774 > Crow 736. EAD CROW!!!!

Shake 2, Crow 0
Finally got mine
Player number 35765993 DSR is:

This player has a Copper DSR score (top 90%).
Just under Az!

Is it possible Madden is the best next gen sports game? NBA 2k14 is over rated, and this is pretty decent imo.

2k14 looks better but also has more "what the FUCK" moments in a given game so i dont know

gg ram. didn't like the slower setting better than regular. fucked up on those two plays you got td's on: one i gambled with an all out press blitz, the other i didn't press but brought all my lb's against the screen -_-

Ramirez

2k14 looks better but also has more "what the FUCK" moments in a given game so i dont know

gg ram. didn't like the slower setting better than regular. fucked up on those two plays you got td's on: one i gambled with an all out press blitz, the other i didn't press but brought all my lb's against the screen -_-

I got the classic Madden D, wide open INTs dropped while your CBs run the routes! Good to be home.

Ramirez

well to be fair most of your routes that got picked were fly routes.... not that hard to run them!

Yea, the two at the end when I was throwing up prayers. I was talking more of the deep come back towards the sideline where your CB broke on the ball before the WR even turned.

brentech

tell ya what, the games I've played of MUT have been absolute disasters. Not sure if I'm facing way better teams, but I largely get blown off the line and can't defend anything.

I do see that I'm facing a lot of legendary guys, but I have like Jerry Rice rookie or something where he's only rated an 80. Not sure if its the same sort of guys, but man, these dudes just crush me.
Seems like I can't throw without it being a pick. My games against you guys in normal mode are much closer and more competitive. I think all-madden is a great equalizer for the most part

Yea, the two at the end when I was throwing up prayers. I was talking more of the deep come back towards the sideline where your CB broke on the ball before the WR even turned.

well you can't expect it to work EVERY time. you completed some of those as well. that is part of the reason that i like the game much better than current gen.... i feel like my db's have at least a CHANCE of stopping the comeback routes even though it's not a 100% guarantee.

out of curiosity wtf play did you call on that last TD i had? did you blitz your cb cause manningham was wide open streaking down the sideline although old ass polamolu almost got there

Ramirez

well you can't expect it to work EVERY time. you completed some of those as well. that is part of the reason that i like the game much better than current gen.... i feel like my db's have at least a CHANCE of stopping the comeback routes even though it's not a 100% guarantee.

out of curiosity wtf play did you call on that last TD i had? did you blitz your cb cause manningham was wide open streaking down the sideline although old ass polamolu almost got there

I guessed Run Left, which I guess sends the whole D in despite their coverage? lulz

Jtrizzy

I hate what they've done to the audible system and hot routes since the golden years of 05 06. I'm not even able to make substitutions to get my guys in the right place.

You used to be able to customize hot routes, and audibles were formation specific. I have to use a custom playbook do do things the way I want, with regard to getting the recievers in the position I want them. And I can't audible to the plays I want because theyre in a different formation that I can't switch to.

brentech

I hate what they've done to the audible system and hot routes since the golden years of 05 06. I'm not even able to make substitutions to get my guys in the right place.

You used to be able to customize hot routes, and audibles were formation specific. I have to use a custom playbook do do things the way I want, with regard to getting the recievers in the position I want them. And I can't audible to the plays I want because theyre in a different formation that I can't switch to.

huh? hit square then D-pad left/right and change formation
unless i'm totally misunderstanding you

Rorschach

Turn on legacy audible menus in the options. I forget what the exact name of it is. "pre-snap controls" I think.

Top Bottom