• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '25 PS4 CCM Thread: Meet the new gen, same as the old gen

I could beat you from this airport on my mobile. ez

HAHA

not a chance trashbag. I will wait till you are at home with a proper PC and internet before i clown you. AT can cast!

What are you going to tell your doto friends when someone with a 3200 MMR and less than 300 games clowns you on stream?

Ferny

Ferny thinks he can play SF these days? Jesus christ what a dumpster fire those games must be. Poor ATs back.

Fucking I took a two month break on top of a patch and still won the GAF tourney. Get on my level Ferngully!

I actually seem to remember the last in house we had, I may have out-played ya ;)

and didn't I hear that you fell asleep?

Trasher

I actually seem to remember the last in house we had, I may have out-played ya ;)

and didn't I hear that you fell asleep?
The last in-house I remember was you were against like a solo Luke Mirana top Lane as Weaver and I was your mid NS giving you all the kills you needed. Game GGd in like 15 miin. A monkey could have played your Weaver.

Yeah I fell asleep and still brought my team to victory without AT. #EGEL

Ferny

The last in-house I remember was you were against like a solo Luke Mirana top Lane as Weaver and I was your mid NS giving you all the kills you needed. Game GGd in like 15 miin. A monkey could have played your Weaver.

Yeah I fell asleep and still brought my team to victory without AT. #EGEL

Play a game without Tashi, and then we can talk.

eznark

Banned
You guys see that Vizio 50 inch sub $1000 4k TV? Yeah those 4k prices are going to plummet this year. By the fall monitors will be sub 500.

eznark

Banned
lol, since my monitor is all kinds of jacked up I decided the best thing to do would be to bring up an old 32" vizio and plop it on my desk 12 inches away from my face. This thing is fucking massive.

Also, I forgot it's only 720p...so UGLY

brentech

Cause you think i'm at all being serious that's why, Brent.
=(
My subtle attempt to rile him up failed and flew by yall.
lol, since my monitor is all kinds of jacked up I decided the best thing to do would be to bring up an old 32" vizio and plop it on my desk 12 inches away from my face. This thing is fucking massive.

Also, I forgot it's only 720p...so UGLY
How quickly did your eyes melt?

McNei1y

gg fmt. Usual mcneily game there. Somehow up 2+ scores and blow it in a choking fashion. I still have no clue how to tackle in the open field or call correct defenses. I'm amazed I got 3 cpu picks there. And the damn cpu kept tackling you out of the endzone on that last drive. I needed the freaking time.

gg fmt. Usual mcneily game there. Somehow up 2+ scores and blow it in a choking fashion. I still have no clue how to tackle in the open field or call correct defenses. I'm amazed I got 3 cpu picks there. And the damn cpu kept tackling you out of the endzone on that last drive. I needed the freaking time.

that was a pretty intense game. on one of the picks boldin got past your cb but i forgot i was going against the wind at that point and the ball kind of floated. the pick 6 was just a stupid ass throw where i made the decision on where i was going to go before the ball was ever snapped.... just like the real kap!

and i lol'd at your D STILL stopping me on the 1 when you were trying to let me score to preserve time. you preserved the time but had to waste all the timeouts which killed you. also if i were you on the last play of the game when i saw the flag down i would have threw the ball away immediately. at least you would've gotten one more play even with the penalty!

McNei1y

I was going to go for 2 if I somehow snuck in there. At that point, I was already disappointed. I can never play defense in this game.

I choose cover 2 and my corners get beat deep. I play man and they play off, they get beat short. Everytime

I was going to go for 2 if I somehow snuck in there. At that point, I was already disappointed. I can never play defense in this game.

I choose cover 2 and my corners get beat deep. I play man and they play off, they get beat short. Everytime

your defense wasn't that bad.... i had 7 points near the end of the 3rd quarter!

some tips i can give you on D:

1. use the guess pass/run feature. actually i don't use the guess run feature unless i really want to sell out (like i did on your goalline TD off tackle). but the guess pass (L2+up on right stick) helps!

2. make your opponent prove he can beat you deep. i like to use the safety sometimes in man defense and patrol the short middle. with tight man to man on the receivers sometimes your opponent won't have the courage to go deep

3. mix up your D and disguise the coverage. for instance, don't be afraid in a cover 2 zone to pull your guys and play off coverage. sometimes you can trick your opponent into thinking its a cover 3 or 4 and at the snap when they see the CB drop down into the zone they could panic and throw a pick or get sacked. the opposite could happen with a cover 3 where you bump and they are expecting man

4. for manual D talk to my boy CB but use strafing to your advantage! depends on how much you're willing to gamble but if i see my opponent is consitently leaving his back into block or not really going towards him in the pass game i'll use the LB/CB who is supposed to be covering the RB.... one more guy in coverage! in zone D, play your zone and be ready to make a quick pick. you can also try baiting your opponent (moving away from a guy) to get him to throw it while you move back immediately

of course i say all of this and you realize i have an OP defense and you have the shitty redskins D but you can make it work!

McNei1y

alot of those tips will help greatly though. Thanks man. I used to he good at covering manually but it went down hill a couple of years ago. I need to learn some of the hot routes and defensive coverages so I can mess with the offense. it's been annoying how many games I've blown in the last quarter so I need all the defensive help I can get.

LOL

Just got a mass email from my Professor for one of my engineering classes and he basically says be prepared to fail this class.

He said only 38% of the students who started finished with grade of C- or higher

I guess I will see you bros in May :(

Your professor sounds like a douche, I hate that kind of professor

I'm okay with them saying "This is what this course is, etc etc, make sure it's your cup of tea" but not "YALL GONNA FAIL LULZ"

eznark

Banned
I think every professor I had at BU said that which was especially hilarious considering as far as I can tell its impossible to fail an MBA course.

It's a motivational tool Shake! Don't fall for it! Join Team MaddenGAF.

I'm okay with them saying "This is what this course is, etc etc, make sure it's your cup of tea" but not "YALL GONNA FAIL LULZ"

lol he said both of those things

I think every professor I had at BU said that which was especially hilarious considering as far as I can tell its impossible to fail an MBA course.

It's a motivational tool Shake! Don't fall for it! Join Team MaddenGAF.

It worked!

I am so motivated that I am retiring from dotes! At least i surpassed that scrub trasha... can't believe he ducked me!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So dont fight it

I only have the patience to suck at 1 game at a time.

edit: DOTA already had it's turn. See:
FRwDF1U.png

eznark

Banned
It was nice to have Crow alt+tab back into Dota every once in a while to help us out.

Swear to god, my only death one that match was when Crow was afk at the tower and puck rotated top on me. I would've lived if I had that sweet, sweet ET stun.

Picking up a new monitor and keyboard today. Can't wait to play Hearthstone when I get home! Tax that 780! And at 144hz! God damn the card flipping animation is going to be nuts!

TheCrow

Swear to god, my only death one that match was when Crow was afk at the tower and puck rotated top on me. I would've lived if I had that sweet, sweet ET stun.

Picking up a new monitor and keyboard today. Can't wait to play Hearthstone when I get home! Tax that 780! And at 144hz! God damn the card flipping animation is going to be nuts!

Silly eznark, weaver doesn't have a stun. I saw Puck coming top and was already bailing. Not much I could since I didn't want to get fiends gripped.

Top Bottom