• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '25 PS4 CCM Thread: Meet the new gen, same as the old gen

Who wants to do that later? We did one night it was pretty fun. We have yet to see if it's possible to have 10 of us at once!

Mrbob

Amazon is going to match the Gamestop 29.99 PS Plus Black Friday Deal. Online code too. I'm stacking if I can.

clnleYv.png

D16p3oc.png

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Amazon is going to match the Gamestop 29.99 PS Plus Black Friday Deal. Online code too. I'm stacking if I can.

clnleYv.png

D16p3oc.png

The schedule they put out for their week of sales was ass, so id hope they have a few things like this up their sleeves.

Smokey

So first weekend with Xbox one. I give it a thumbs up. I have DR3, Ryse, Forza, and KI all digitally downloaded. I've played a little of everything but keep going back to forza the most. While they changed some things from the last one due to being a launch title, the actual driving and gameplay is really good. Playing with very little or no assists and the driveatar system makes it feel like you're actually racing. Versus gran turismo where you might as well be driving around the circuit with no other cars with the same tire effects from ps1 destroying your ears. Rumble triggers work great and dat 60fps.

DR3 is really fun. Graphics aren't the greatest but are serviceable. Had some friends over and DR3 just finished downloading. So we tried that and they loved it. One guy has a ps4 as well and said he'd lookout for a x1 just to get dr3.

Ryse is the best looking game. All dat 900p juice looks so good. Standard brawler though. Playing on highest avail difficulty and having no problem. Good to show off the system and play when something is on tv. I had the pathetic texans jags game snapped and was playing Ryse while watching the game. Worked well.

KI I've put the least amount of time into. Only done a few practice rounds and a few cpu matches when friends were over. I don't like playing against cpu and would rather play someone from here so maybe that's why.

Kinect voice commands have worked really well. The only area it seems to have some trouble on is when I pull up the user guide when watching tv and want to go to a channel. I usually just use my remote when the tv is on. For navigating around the OS though it's worked fine. I've been able to check everything from friends, install progress, to starting a game all without turning my controller on. Also "xbox record that" is the next gen teabagging in online MP.

Shame that such a weak gpu is in the system, and the circumstances leading up to the launch.

rinse82

So first weekend with Xbox one. I give it a thumbs up. I have DR3, Ryse, Forza, and KI all digitally downloaded. I've played a little of everything but keep going back to forza the most. While they changed some things from the last one due to being a launch title, the actual driving and gameplay is really good. Playing with very little or no assists and the driveatar system makes it feel like you're actually racing. Versus gran turismo where you might as well be driving around the circuit with no other cars with the same tire effects from ps1 destroying your ears. Rumble triggers work great and dat 60fps.

DR3 is really fun. Graphics aren't the greatest but are serviceable. Had some friends over and DR3 just finished downloading. So we tried that and they loved it. One guy has a ps4 as well and said he'd lookout for a x1 just to get dr3.

Ryse is the best looking game. All dat 900p juice looks so good. Standard brawler though. Playing on highest avail difficulty and having no problem. Good to show off the system and play when something is on tv. I had the pathetic texans jags game snapped and was playing Ryse while watching the game. Worked well.

KI I've put the least amount of time into. Only done a few practice rounds and a few cpu matches when friends were over. I don't like playing against cpu and would rather play someone from here so maybe that's why.

Kinect voice commands have worked really well. I only area it seems to have some trouble on is when our pull up the user guide when watching tv and want to go to a channel. I usually just use my remote when the tv is on. For navigating around the OS though it's worked fine. I've been able to check everything from friends, install progress, to stating a game all without turning my controller on. Also "xbox record that" is the next gen teabagging in online MP.

Shame that such a weak gpu is in the system, and the circumstances leading up to the launch.

A little jelly.

Need to hide my credit card.

Sanjuro

Just got the Xbone hooked up for the past couple hours.

Pro/Con

Game is fully installed. No spinning of disc afterward. / Takes forever to fucking install.

Voice chat is absurdly more clear than PS4. / Restricted use of headsets for time being. (Bundled headset is fantastic though)

Menus took about as long to figure out here as it did for me on the PS4. / Fuck Snap.

Smokey

Just got the Xbone hooked up for the past couple hours.

Pro/Con

Game is fully installed. No spinning of disc afterward. / Takes forever to fucking install.

Voice chat is absurdly more clear than PS4. / Restricted use of headsets for time being. (Bundled headset is fantastic though)

Menus took about as long to figure out here as it did for me on the PS4. / Fuck Snap.

What's wrong with snap? Xbox snap (say app)

Saved me from ending myself during texans game. Also say xbox help and it pulls up a whole bunch of material. There's also a speech recognition app. Recommend both. That's one thing they need to address in an update... A quick how to guide for the voice stuff. Shouldn't have to dig for it.

Sanjuro

What's wrong with snap? Xbox snap (say app)

Saved me from ending myself during texans game. Also say xbox help and it pulls up a whole bunch of material. There's also a speech recognition app. Recommend both. That's one thing they need to address in an update... A quick how to guide for the voice stuff. Shouldn't have to dig for it.

I like some things about snap. For party and friends list, I just want a straight forward 360 style list.

baffling that you guys have an xbone and haven't been playing KI day and night. maybe the crushed blacks on all the games are causing you mental issues!

Nightz

A Link Between Worlds is awesome. Getting Tearaway and Mario 3D World this week then I'll be done with my video game purchases for the year.

LiveWire

Kinect voice commands have worked really well. The only area it seems to have some trouble on is when I pull up the user guide when watching tv and want to go to a channel. I usually just use my remote when the tv is on. For navigating around the OS though it's worked fine. I've been able to check everything from friends, install progress, to starting a game all without turning my controller on. Also "xbox record that" is the next gen teabagging in online MP.

I picked up Forza yesterday after reading a review and seeing the Top Gear branding and presentation. Been pretty fun so far, although everyone's drivatars drive like assholes. Which makes it even harder when you're using no assists like I am....it's like Ridge Racer on steroids. Good luck catching that CPU driver in 1st place in 2 laps after playing bumper cars in the first half mile of the race!

I was going to go digital, but I realized I only have 500 GB to work with, and as of yet Microsoft hasn't announced plans to provide a replacement HDD or allow user-replacement. I usually tire out of racers anyway so I'll probably trade it in while the value is still around 30-40. Definitely feels like it's going to be a while until anything worth playing (aside from KI) comes out though...

Mrbob

A Link Between Worlds is awesome. Getting Tearaway and Mario 3D World this week then I'll be done with my video game purchases for the year.

Just got Zelda today, will start once I finish Mario 3D World. I just made it to world 7, I love this game. So much fun.

brentech

accepted a bid to finish our basement. looks like work going be getting underway in the new few weeks. all new bathroom and bedroom added to house, and a new general living space.

ran some practices as the Browns today to prepare for league. Hoyer going to be dat starter.

TheCrow

accepted a bid to finish our basement. looks like work going be getting underway in the new few weeks. all new bathroom and bedroom added to house, and a new general living space.

ran some practices as the Browns today to prepare for league. Hoyer going to be dat starter.

Getting our team house ready for TI4?

TheCrow

Lol. You seen some of those houses. Dudes living with basically just desks and power outlets. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't actually have beds.

Yeah, I assume they are setup just like korean sc2 team houses. Everyone probably bunks in one room. While PCs take up the rest of the house. Oh and there is the kitchen which only contains a extra large rice cooker.

Top Bottom