• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '25 PS4 CCM Thread: Meet the new gen, same as the old gen

brentech

Yeah, I assume they are setup just like korean sc2 team houses. Everyone probably bunks in one room. While PCs take up the rest of the house. Oh and there is the kitchen which only contains a extra large rice cooker.

lol. Was just looking at what players won. On Navi, since 2010, they've won 2.2mil USD. I wonder how much of that actually makes it to the players, and I assume that portion is split evenly over the 5, or does Puppy make more for being a captain?

Tearaway is on sale at amazon btw
[Edit]guess not anymore...

what is weird is that i bought it yesterday afternoon and i had it this afternoon. really liking the artstyle so far. can't speak too much on the gameplay yet cause ive only played about 20 minutes and i used my dick on the rear touchpad instead of my finger

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
So any general defensive tips? I feel like outs still beat man coverage too easily and zone doesn't stop much of anything except maybe slants. I don't like having to guess and take risks to get stops on defense.

So any general defensive tips? I feel like outs still beat man coverage too easily and zone doesn't stop much of anything except maybe slants. I don't like having to guess and take risks to get stops on defense.

zone has worked out much better for me. part of it is masking what you are running before the snap. if you can fool your opponent with some indecision you can get some turnovers or sacks. as for man D, pressure is the key. if you're going to constantly rush 3 or 4 and play man defense the odds are those outs are going to be completed against a competent opponent

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
You're probably right, I'm too cowardly to blitz more than a couple of times a game. Draws still kill me too.

rcl66

Anyone play both ps4 and xbox one versions of madden? Curious if there is any real difference between the two or which one to get.

brentech

Crow, nightz, and I (with two randoms) with the comeback victory. Started off looking like a really ugly game. Though we were getting rolled but we managed to push two towers as once and then group up for team fights which we wrecked. Felt good.

Also got myself some disruptor set minus the mount. Still gotta pick that up. Gotta make that shit look good.

Mrbob

Anyone play both ps4 and xbox one versions of madden? Curious if there is any real difference between the two or which one to get.

They are basically the same. Get the version you can play with others on. There are some teams left in this league if you want to join it. Going to be on PS4.

From reports the PS4 version looks a little better but that is the only major difference.

Hey guys! My PS4's companion finally arrived today!

w2zddbP.jpg

65" Panasonic VT60

Smokey

Hey guys! My PS4's companion finally arrived today!

65" Panasonic VT60

Wow you actually have good taste in TVs. I'm debating on picking up a Panasonic before years end. They are stopping production on their plasma line :(. Guess I'm part of the problem. I've had a Samsung 55'' LED for 2+ years now, but had a Panny plasma before. Plasma produces a better picture imo.

Wow you actually have good taste in TVs. I'm debating on picking up a Panasonic before years end. They are stopping production on their plasma line :(. Guess I'm part of the problem. I've had a Samsung 55'' LED for 2+ years now, but had a Panny plasma before. Plasma produces a better picture imo.

Yeah Amazon had it on sale for 2400. I price matched at best buy so I could get the no interest financing and I'll pay it all off when I get my tax returns. I knew they had stopped production so I wanted to grab one before they were all gone. Almost went the extra mile and grabbed the ZT60, but it wasn't on sale.

Smokey

Yeah Amazon had it on sale for 2400. I price matched at best buy so I could get the no interest financing and I'll pay it all off when I get my tax returns. I knew they had stopped production so I wanted to grab one before they were all gone. Almost went the extra mile and grabbed the ZT60, but it wasn't on sale.

You doing the break in or going raw dog and straight to gaming?

Mrbob

Sexy Panny Plasma ftw. I have a 42" Panny Plasma. Thinking about going bigger before I can't get one anymore.

hoverX

Hey guys, I think I'm gonna drop out of the league. I'm still pretty shit at madden so it probably won't be much fun. Maybe in a season or two? Plus I think 72 hour advance is pretty aggressive and I may not be able to keep to that schedule.

I'm debating starting a gaf league for noobs lol

Hey guys, I think I'm gonna drop out of the league. I'm still pretty shit at madden so it probably won't be much fun. Maybe in a season or two? Plus I think 72 hour advance is pretty aggressive and I may not be able to keep to that schedule.

I'm debating starting a gaf league for noobs lol

the only way to get better is to play with the best! but i appreciate dropping now rather than during the season. hope to see you back bruh!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hey FMT, I know we don't really care what's going on anymore in the FF League we're in, but holy crap, I didn't expect all those San Fran players to make up 40 points of difference :lol

hey FMT, I know we don't really care what's going on anymore in the FF League we're in, but holy crap, I didn't expect all those San Fran players to make up 40 points of difference :lol

i care! you might look at my record and say "oh fmt quit he's not trying" but i have made plenty of moves and have been trying to get wins. i have lost so many close games in that league. i am truly embarrassed to have 1 win on the year. i wish i HADN'T been trying at least i could say "well i didn't fill out my roster" but i've done it every week!

i'm not doing too bad in the auction league though. guess im just getting unlucky with the matchups :/

Somnia

I'll play in the league if my schedule isn't a problem, but I have a feeling a few people will bitch about it =(

Somnia

Smokey, honest opinion which do you like better, Xbox One or PS4 (controller, UI, online, etc) I know you've only had a few days to play around with them, but wanted your thoughts.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
i care! you might look at my record and say "oh fmt quit he's not trying" but i have made plenty of moves and have been trying to get wins. i have lost so many close games in that league. i am truly embarrassed to have 1 win on the year. i wish i HADN'T been trying at least i could say "well i didn't fill out my roster" but i've done it every week!

i'm not doing too bad in the auction league though. guess im just getting unlucky with the matchups :/

I know what you mean. I keep fighting, even when everyone of my WR's either turns to shit, or just stays injured for the entire year (fuck you Roddy White), and fucking Anquan Boldin. Won't do anything when I play him, but catches 2 TD's when I don't. Can you tell Kaep, that 'hey, Boldin likes the balls too"

I'll pick up the game this weekend (well Wednesday or Friday). Just remember I warned you about my schedule lol

What teams do I get to choose from? Figure my boys are taken already.

OP has all the teams accounted for. teams with ? are available. or maybe talk to the guy who took the cowpies into trading!

Ferny

Not quite. It still needs support from devs to actually port to Linux first and I don't see that happening across the board in the near future.

Smokey

Smokey, honest opinion which do you like better, Xbox One or PS4 (controller, UI, online, etc) I know you've only had a few days to play around with them, but wanted your thoughts.

It's complicated.

I'm not sure yet which controller I like better. If I had to pick maybe the DS4? But I do really like the rumble triggers on x1. Forza uses them very well. I need to try a shooter on both platforms. That would be the true test. Maybe get a hold of Ghosts on X1 and compare.

The UI.. I'm conflicted. PS4 is easier to use. Everything is either one row up or down. X1 is w8 based and is more horizontal. If we're going by a controller, the ps4 ui is better. HOWEVA kinect and voice commands makes navigating around x1 really easy. "xbox select" turns the text green which indicates that you can say that word and the ui will take you there. The x1 OS is really deep. Say what you want about everything else, but if you actually sitdown and think about it, the amount of engineering they are doing here is incredible.

Being able snap any app is very useful. Playing a game you can snap xbox music for example and have your collection playing. Or snap twitch and watch a stream of whatever while you are gaming or watching tv. I was watching NBA yesterday and was wanting to play 2k. If I had it in x1 I could've done both at the same time. In the future this may sway which direction I go for MP titles.

Game wise I think x1 has the better variety right now. Their exclusives cover more genres than the ps4 exclusives (Killzone). To be fair I still have KZ wrapped so I don't have a first hand account on how good it is, but from what I'm reading.. It's still Kz. KZ has always been a b tier franchise. The DriveClub delay really hurt them imo.

Both systems need refinement with their OS and UI and that will come. I feel like x1 gives you way more flexibility with all that it has going on. It really is a shame they went with such a shit GPU.

So I think they compliment each other. Both can be used for different scenarios. I like them both!

Sanjuro

I like the XB1 controller more by a fairly large margin. It feels like a hybrid of the 360 controller with a small influence from the OG Duke controller. It's very comfortable, the trigger feedback is out of this world, and the chat pad adapter is really nice.

Also, the stupidest thing I've seen is knocking it for using batteries. I've used the controller already for the duration I would have needed to charge the DS4 twice. It's still going strong.

The DS4 is great, but not ideal for those with larger hands. The rear triggers make my fingers fatigued very quickly. Also, the two buttons (options/share) are too obscure to find in the dark. I wish that they illuminated them or maybe even the edge of the touchpad area.

Smokey

I like the XB1 controller more by a fairly large margin. It feels like a hybrid of the 360 controller with a small influence from the OG Duke controller. It's very comfortable, the trigger feedback is out of this world, and the chat pad adapter is really nice.

Also, the stupidest thing I've seen is knocking it for using batteries. I've used the controller already for the duration I would have needed to charge the DS4 twice. It's still going strong.

The DS4 is great, but not ideal for those with larger hands. The rear triggers make my fingers fatigued very quickly. Also, the two buttons (options/share) are too obscure to find in the dark. I wish that they illuminated them or maybe even the edge of the touchpad area.

The x1 controller feels a little more cramped to me, but I haven't had any issues with it. They both fit into your hands nicely imo.

I agree about the ds4 battery life. It's so bad.

BigAT

Surprised to hear about the DS4 battery life. I always thought the DS3 had really good battery life, does that dumb light really make that much of a difference? No other changes leap out at me that would have a real effect on it.

Sanjuro

Surprised to hear about the DS4 battery life. I always thought the DS3 had really good battery life, does that dumb light really make that much of a difference? No other changes leap out at me that would have a real effect on it.

Not sure if it has anything to do with the light. I'm not biased here, but the DS4's battery reminds me of one of those early generic wireless controllers from the PS1/2 era. It's just done in a handful of hours.

The x1 controller feels a little more cramped to me, but I haven't had any issues with it. They both fit into your hands nicely imo.

I agree about the ds4 battery life. It's so bad.

Yeah, they are both solid controllers overall. I just feel the XB1 was constructed a bit better.

Not sure if it has anything to do with the light. I'm not biased here, but the DS4's battery reminds me of one of those early generic wireless controllers from the PS1/2 era. It's just done in a handful of hours.

I think it can last probably 10-12 hours on a charge, which I admit, isn't great. However, I'm not going to put that many hours into a game in a day, so I just charge it when I got to bed.

Sanjuro

I think it can last probably 10-12 hours on a charge, which I admit, isn't great. However, I'm not going to put that many hours into a game in a day, so I just charge it when I got to bed.

I did a full charge before using it off the battery upon setting up the console. The controller does not go to sleep at the moment either (like the PS3). From just having the console on, playing games here and there, the controller lasts around the 5-8 hour range.

Roughly it's three charges in the span of one XB1 charge, more if you're using standard AA batteries.

Smokey

I did a full charge before using it off the battery upon setting up the console. The controller does not go to sleep at the moment either (like the PS3). From just having the console on, playing games here and there, the controller lasts around the 5-8 hour range.

Roughly it's three charges in the span of one XB1 charge, more if you're using standard AA batteries.

That's about right. Launch day I think I played with the system for that amount of time and it was telling me battery running low.

Sanjuro

eznark told me from beyond the grave there is a controller setting for the DS4 to shut it off. He set his to 10 mins.

In settings, under power save.

brentech

it's definitely a shorter cycle. Though, when the controller says it's running low, much like the DS3, you can still get almost an hour out of it.

I have a Wii U now

Everybody come at me

All I have his Mario/Luigi U and Super Mario 3d World. What other cool ass shit should I get?

Top Bottom