• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '25 PS4 CCM Thread: Meet the new gen, same as the old gen

Nightz

I would prefer later on Sundays since I'm usually out during the day. Playing during our regular Dota nights during the week would be ideal though.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, I am almost always going to try and set our games up for weeknights at like 10pm. They are all 2 game sets so that shouldn't be a challenge. Though I do like having an excuse for daytime dota...

Ferny

Sometimes if you suicide when you log in to a strange location, you'll end up back at your bag.

...or someone just fucking murdered you.

I didn't know all you guys were playing again. I kind of gave it up when Ferny super-kicked me through the barbershop window.

When you come to Brutus' Barbershop, you better be ready for a fight.

brentech

watch this comeback if you can. our mid, carry DK asked them to FF at one point. like you can't win if pushed into base. had to tell him like 20 times to stop running around jungle to farm or initiate fights and to only take them up on our high ground

http://dotabuff.com/matches/480020746

eznark traps friendlies in his shadow shaman wards every game on accident. i couldn't trap people on purpose for the life of me.

McNei1y

So I have a good part of my base setup in Rust but due to the inability to build a foundation on a corner on the rocks, my base has a death pit... meaning, if you climb on the rock next to my base and jump into the pit, there is no way out since I walled it in. I need to destroy one of my walls so that I may build a window or a door in that pit so that one can get out but as of now, you're screwed and will have to suicide.

If you're exploring by the main base and see my base in the rocks, be careful of the pit or else you will lose everything on your body.

r5FF3ko.jpg

Mrbob

Sometimes if you suicide when you log in to a strange location, you'll end up back at your bag.

...or someone just fucking murdered you.

I didn't know all you guys were playing again. I kind of gave it up when Ferny super-kicked me through the barbershop window.

Get your revenge Sanjuro!

1st.gif

terminatorbernice9wshq.gif

Rorschach

Finished up breaking bad on this flight.
All that shit and I don't get to watch Jesse get curb stomped and dissolved like he deserved? What a load of shit.

brentech

So I have a good part of my base setup in Rust but due to the inability to build a foundation on a corner on the rocks, my base has a death pit... meaning, if you climb on the rock next to my base and jump into the pit, there is no way out since I walled it in. I need to destroy one of my walls so that I may build a window or a door in that pit so that one can get out but as of now, you're screwed and will have to suicide.

If you're exploring by the main base and see my base in the rocks, be careful of the pit or else you will lose everything on your body.
Lol. When you log back in, get ready for a bunch of new walls and doors on my place.

McNei1y

I'm about to eat dinner in like, 15 mins, but I'm down to DOTA tonight if you guys need/are desperate for a 5th. If not, I'm probably going to jump into a random pub matches.

McNei1y

Nice additions Brent. I also see that you two are sleeping in the corner now... That's cool, I guess. It's going to be sad moving away from you guys.

Edit: I also went into town and got a laser sight. Is there any way to unequip attachments so that I may learn to make a laser sight if I get a research kit?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Has anyone played pistolpete lately? I match up win him this week.

Madden bros. I'm sorry but I won't be able to give away free wins for a while. Gonna have to bow out of the league for now. Work has gotten super hectic for me and I'll be doing a lot of traveling for the next 2 or 3 months.

Off to Manila for 2 weeks, then over to Virginia and rounding out the trip in Colorado before finally making my way home. Sucks but at least they are going to pay me well to do it.

FMT can you put me on AP? Or if you want to kick me I guess that's OK too. Sorry again guys. I'm bringing my Vita with me but doubt remote play would be good enough for me to continue league play.
That sounds awesome. Are you guys hiring and do you need an engineer?

McNei1y

No it helped me. I didn't want to waste time walking back because I had shit to do around the house before I had to sleep. But it wasn't an accident. I got shot probably 9 times. I lacked food and med kits so my health was low the entire time. It was bound to happen with how frequent I was getting shot. Luckily I didn't have much on me that I can't get back quickly except for some ammo and that bolt rifle.

TheCrow

No it helped me. I didn't want to waste time walking back because I had shit to do around the house before I had to sleep. But it wasn't an accident. I got shot probably 9 times. I lacked food and med kits so my health was low the entire time. It was bound to happen with how frequent I was getting shot. Luckily I didn't have much on me that I can't get back quickly except for some ammo and that bolt rifle.

i only hit you once inside somnia's base. Tapped you one time with my pitch fork and you dropped. After that I'd just take shots over your head. We got all your stuff back at the base.

McNei1y

I'm not mad at anyone. I knew it was coming. Killing each other like that always happens in these games. I was just annoyed that I had to die that far away after all of that time upgrading stuff. But I definitely got shot every now and then since I ran through 9 bandages and 8 health kits. Not a big deal. Just requires more time spent to get some things next time I play.

TheCrow

I'm not mad at anyone. I knew it was coming. Killing each other like that always happens in these games. I was just annoyed that I had to die that far away after all of that time upgrading stuff. But I definitely got shot every now and then since I ran through 9 bandages and 8 health kits. Not a big deal. Just requires more time spent to get some things next time I play.

But we never gave up on trying to save you from your kidnapper. And all we got was a demand for food. You're so ungrateful mcneily. :/

http://www.twitch.tv/crowgaf/c/3596459

Did you guys know the resolution and specs of Tomb Raider on PS4 makes gaming PCs obselete . Today I learned from gaf

I learned from gaf today that the PS4 runs at twice the framerate as the xbone.

Edit: And now I just read some people arguing that 30 fps is actually better. Do I live on the same planet as these people?

McNei1y

But we never gave up on trying to save you from your kidnapper. And all we got was a demand for food. You're so ungrateful mcneily. :/

http://www.twitch.tv/crowgaf/c/3596459

You guys were awesome though. You kept giving me the food and the bandages. I had fun last night, I was more pissed off that it was late and I had to wake up for work for the first time in a week. Anyways, back to the grind. We should farm the materials that make explosive charges and raid that entire valley of buildings.

TheCrow

You guys were awesome though. You kept giving me the food and the bandages. I had fun last night, I was more pissed off that it was late and I had to wake up for work for the first time in a week. Anyways, back to the grind. We should farm the materials that make explosive charges and raid that entire valley of buildings.

Thats the plan. I'm going to go gather resources today.

eznark

Banned
That was more for Bob and...maybe Luke? I know he liked CK2 and Paradox says they are going to take a lot of the lessons they learned from CK2 and EUIV to make HoI4 more accessible.

For HoI3 though they said the same thing and their solution was a hilariously fucking awful tutorial narrated by Hitler...who shoots himself in the face at the end of the tutorial.

McNei1y

What the hell is a patrol helicopter and a camp bed?

I like the house ownership idea. Everything sounds good so far. I hope they can implement a "customize character" step so we may all wear MaddenGAF shirts or something. That Bread guy fit in way to easily with all of you black shirt bandits.

TheCrow

We were thinking that camp beds would be harder to destroy sleeping bags. But we have no idea how they will implement the patrol helicopter. I like how dayz is adding spray paint to color clothes so maybe rust will get something like that too.

McNei1y

Where are you guys seeing the patch notes?

I googled Rust Future Updates and was directed to this. I guess I'll stick with this website because it's pretty cool. It lists potential updates, what's necessary, what's ideal, and so on and so forth.

https://trello.com/b/lG8jtz6v/rust

We were thinking that camp beds would be harder to destroy sleeping bags. But we have no idea how they will implement the patrol helicopter. I like how dayz is adding spray paint to color clothes so maybe rust will get something like that too.

Yeah. I guess that makes sense for camp beds. Patrol Helicopters I'm confused about. I hear you can call in Air Drops... maybe there's some type of gadget/walkie talkie that can call in a patrol helicopter? I wonder how the targeting system will work since there's no "map" to tell the helicopter to patrol. I guess it just appears in your location? And who will it know who to attack? Whatever.

Rust and DayZ have the potential to be amazing games. DayZ needs to incorporate shelters and, well, pretty much everything Rust has so far. If Rust includes weather, natural disasters, and all sorts of stuff like that... o man.

Ferny

My thought is that you can call a patrol heli just like you can call a supply drop. It'll come down and protect whoever calls it down. Maybe you can protect certain people around you, I'm not sure though.

McNei1y

My thought is that you can call a patrol heli just like you can call a supply drop. It'll come down and protect whoever calls it down. Maybe you can protect certain people around you, I'm not sure though.

Maybe a command like /Protect [name] or something.

We should challenge the other group of raiders to an open field warfare at a designated location... Revolutionary War style.

Top Bottom