• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

brentech

I really really wish I would have waited like 5 minutes for a reponse from you greg so I could have gifted you my PS4 Pcars code. I'm ashamed of myself for redeeming it so quickly.

I downloaded the new DLC and gave the new track a try (the PCars thread is kind of pissed about it because it's a small time track in New Zealand that one of the backers of the game wanted in so they did it, but there are more deserving coures). I did about a lap and a half before deciding to try a 3 lap race with the Clio Cup cars.
Anything more powerful felt like the track couldn't handle it, but again, I didn't spend much time on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZI79Srhq78 (with replay PIP)

So, obviously I didn't have a great handle on the track, but the AI seemed really aggressive going into the turns, "dive bombing" all the sharp turns, using me or others as a brake. I'm going to try 15 cars maybe and see if it's better, and if not, an even weaker car.....but for the most part, it's pretty uninspiring.
Reminiscent of the Top Gear Test Track, but 80% less cool.

BigAT

icex3 and the Lollipop Guild.

CKc_NITUEAAMN5f.jpg

Greg

put me down for 71 (73 HCP) on that 4th course, brent

that par 3 on 17 was a rough distance trying to control with woods, and all but 1 of those par 5s were brutal
I really really wish I would have waited like 5 minutes for a reponse from you greg so I could have gifted you my PS4 Pcars code. I'm ashamed of myself for redeeming it so quickly.

I downloaded the new DLC and gave the new track a try (the PCars thread is kind of pissed about it because it's a small time track in New Zealand that one of the backers of the game wanted in so they did it, but there are more deserving coures). I did about a lap and a half before deciding to try a 3 lap race with the Clio Cup cars.
Anything more powerful felt like the track couldn't handle it, but again, I didn't spend much time on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZI79Srhq78 (with replay PIP)

So, obviously I didn't have a great handle on the track, but the AI seemed really aggressive going into the turns, "dive bombing" all the sharp turns, using me or others as a brake. I'm going to try 15 cars maybe and see if it's better, and if not, an even weaker car.....but for the most part, it's pretty uninspiring.
Reminiscent of the Top Gear Test Track, but 80% less cool.
haha, it's all good

you gave me the heads up and I was too slow!

brentech

Event 1: Chambers Bay, WA (Thursday) - Par 70
  • Greg: 74 - HCP 76
  • Eznark: 76 - HCP 76
  • Brent: 80 - HCP 79
Event 2: Magnolia National, Georgia (Sunday) - Par 72
  • Splat: 72 - HCP ?
  • LostBigBoss: 75 - HCP 79
  • Eznark: 76 - HCP 76
  • Greg: 77 - HCP 79
  • Brent: 81 - HCP 80
Event 3: Whistling Straights Sheboygan, Wisconsin - Par 72
  • Splat: 68 - HCP ?
  • CrimsonCommie: 72 - 63
  • Eznark: 74 - HCP 77
  • Brent: 78 - HCP 77
  • Greg: 81 - HCP 83
Event 4: Blue Willow Club & Lodge - Par 72
  • Splat: 66 - HCP 69
  • Brent: 70 - HCP 69
  • CrimsonCommie: 71 - 67
  • Eznark: 77 - HCP 81
  • ph33nix: 96 - HCP Calculating

Updates

Yeah uh

I had to force myself to play to the end

I need to stop putting like shit and there was a few shots where I was messing with my joystick too late and would shoot it an inch

brentech

I see greg just played a round, but his score isn't showing up on the scoreboard yet, just that he played in my message box.

Yeah uh

I had to force myself to play to the end

I need to stop putting like shit and there was a few shots where I was messing with my joystick too late and would shoot it an inch

I feel like that used to be my strength, but after a long time off playing I got really bad at it. Slowly pulling it back together.

Preordered Madden on Amazon for $50 with Prime.

pre-ordered from best buy for $35 thanks to pre-order bonus from batman + gamers club + best buy rewards coupon. plus i'll get another $10 for pre-ordering it! AND best buy will deliver it with release date shipping for free!

thank you GCU

JABEE

pre-ordered from best buy for $35 thanks to pre-order bonus from batman + gamers club + best buy rewards coupon. plus i'll get another $10 for pre-ordering it! AND best buy will deliver it with release date shipping for free!

thank you GCU
How much is GCU? Does Best Buy ship games as fast as Amazon?

How much is GCU? Does Best Buy ship games as fast as Amazon?

idk, i paid $60 for it about a year ago but i think yo ucan get it for $30 now.

as far as shipping.... it's release date brah. so they are the same exact speed as amazon. you can also easily do in-store pickup. i used to do in store pickup and its very easy/requires minimum amount of interaction with sales people (there was never anyone in line for in store pickup and it would take a max of 2 mins for them to go get the item and give it to me) but since they changed to free release date delivery there is no point in doing in store pickup

TheCrow

Yeah you guys are real late to the Hatoful Boyfriend party. What a bunch of casuals we got here!

Holy shit, been a while seen I've seen Walter Mercado.

brentech

Amazon finally has some more 980ti in stock, but I'm still holding strong. Waiting for skylake to drop in a couple weeks or whenever that i7 comes out.
Hopefully those first 1151 motherboards aren't trash.

BigAT

I had heard about there being a jump scare at some point during Batman. I thought I got to it when (actual Arkham Knight spoiler)
Joker suddenly shows up and shoots you
but boy was I wrong. I certainly knew the actual one when I got it.

Smokey

Amazon finally has some more 980ti in stock, but I'm still holding strong. Waiting for skylake to drop in a couple weeks or whenever that i7 comes out.
Hopefully those first 1151 motherboards aren't trash.

Should have bought my titan x off me to contribute to the YungSmokey Fund

brentech

Upgraded my exploration ship's frame shift drive to the 5M top of the line. Can travel 33ly in a single hop. I made 2.2M exploring yesterday. Some planets gave me 70K for a single scan.

Really just want to find an Earth like planet out in deep space. Found some water worlds so far, but that's it.

http://imgur.com/xF2dOU9

AT has me in scrub tier this week.

FMT for MVP.

AT let me know if you need me to get you a W tonight brah!

What's a yeezy?

Google what his line of shoes look like. Fucking hilarious there are knucklehead sheep out there that will pay for that garbage.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to order a new 49ers jersey since pwill and gore are gone. Kap black alternate it IS!

eznark

Banned
Has Crow ever bought a courier in a game though?

I'm wondering if I got some rare item or if one of my items went up in price because someone keeps trying to reset my steam password

Top Bottom