• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

TheCrow

Is this better EZ?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15741-1375307591-27.gif

Smokey

Are we laughing at the double dribble when he picked up the ball to shot fake and then started dribbling again?

No. We are clearly laughing at that guy not knowing when to stop and collect the L

And nobody calls palming/carry in rec/street games breh

Smokey

That wasn't palming or a carry. He picked the ball up and did a pump fake. Granted, I'm watching on my phone, but it looks like both hands touched the ball.

Am i blind

i do not see him pick up the ball. I see a hesitation fake before he starts the move that makes that guy die. If he blatantly touched the ball with his other hand it (probably) would've been called because that's obvious as fuck. Not to mention it's unnatural to touch the ball with two hands in the middle of a move like that.

lol available only to the idiots who paid for the alpha of our hockey game last year.

A beta that ends in the first week of August? What the fuck kind of time will they have to actually do anything before NHL 16 is released in mid-September???

This shit should be free, and I'll still get it anyways, but makes me wonder if NHL 16's content is still in alpha stage basically lol

TheCrow

A beta that ends in the first week of August? What the fuck kind of time will they have to actually do anything before NHL 16 is released in mid-September???

This shit should be free, and I'll still get it anyways, but makes me wonder if NHL 16's content is still in alpha stage basically lol

It's not actually a beta. More like a demo or if anything it'll just test out the servers.

It's not actually a beta. More like a demo or if anything it'll just test out the servers.

That's what it seems...so is this still using the NHL 15 engine and gameplay? Or does accessing it in the game take you somewhere else...that's what I'm confused about

Either way I guess it's good they want to try and get things patched up before release. Ahhhh it's been too long, 2 years seems like forever

EASHL lets you choose specialized player classes to deliver a balanced competitive experience on the ice. Choose from 12 different player classes that fit your team’s style and strategy.
I wonder what these are...
1. Playmaker
2. Dangler
3. Two-way forward
4. Sniper
5. Enforcer
6. Grinder
7. Offensive defenseman
8. Defensive defenseman
9. Power forward

That's all I could remember from previous versions

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/22/9012567/nhl-16-ea-sports-hockey-league-beta-date-interview

The EASHL that appears in NHL 16 differs from its previous incarnations in a few key aspects, with the most notable change being the elimination of player progression. This could prove to be a controversial shift for a mode that has always been built around improving your created player's attributes, but it's what the fans want, according to EA Canada.

In EA Canada's conversations with longtime EASHL fans, Ramjagsingh said the players "told us they want to see an even playing field [...] and they don't want an attribute system where you can grow your character." That way, your EASHL player's potential for success depends only on your skill at the controls and your teamwork.

"It was all about balance and ensuring that somebody who may have more time on their console, say, to put in hundreds of games versus 10, 20, 30 games a week, that there wasn't a big divide from that alone," said Ben Ross, associate producer on NHL 16. "We wanted to make sure that when those friends jumped in, they didn't feel like a detriment to their team just because they couldn't log the amount of hours to get their attributes up and that kind of thing."

Player differentiation in NHL 16's EASHL will instead come from the class system. Here, you'll pick from a list similar to the one for the offline Be A Pro mode: sniper, playmaker, two-way forward, offensive defenseman and so on. The classes are also associated with locked body types to prevent people from unbalancing the game by creating, say, a sniper the size of the 6-foot-9, 255-pound Zdeno Chara. Along those lines, speed and acceleration are set at the same levels for everybody.

I like the idea but everybody being the same speed is weird. Dangler forwards should be faster than grinders, but whatever, it's better than before.

People will play differently in NHL 16's EASHL, and they'll look different, too. The game offers robust customization options for both Be A Pro and EASHL, allowing players to alter uniform details as minute as the ear guards on their helmet and the color of their skate chassis. Customization isn't available for team-specific elements like arenas and jerseys; you'll have to choose a sweater from one of the vast array of real-life teams in NHL 16.

Emoticon_rage.gif
Emoticon_rage.gif
Emoticon_rage.gif
Emoticon_rage.gif
Emoticon_rage.gif

lol at the first comment

interesting take on the player types. I know that is my clubs biggest pet peeve with FIFA Pro Clubs, you’ll go from playing a Div 2 team that plays a realistic style 4-3-3 with 85-88 players to playing back to back games against Div 1 teams that are 5 defenders and 2 users up top with blue hair and are 5’8" turbo-sprinters and 1 green fro user that is 6’5", so you either have finesse shots from 35 yards out or sprints up the wing and cross it in until he scores. over and over…

Sounds real familiar!

Ferny

That wasn't palming or a carry. He picked the ball up and did a pump fake. Granted, I'm watching on my phone, but it looks like both hands touched the ball.
He never touched it with the other hand. It appears that way cause of the move he did. Thankfully I have never gone swimming while defending someone.

brentech

Sooo, The Golf Club changed their swing mechanics with this new patch. Haven't hit a single 100% power ball yet. 90-92% every time.

facepalm.gif

Ded game.

Bread

Banned
Am i blind

i do not see him pick up the ball. I see a hesitation fake before he starts the move that makes that guy die. If he blatantly touched the ball with his other hand it (probably) would've been called because that's obvious as fuck. Not to mention it's unnatural to touch the ball with two hands in the middle of a move like that.
yeah def not a double dribble, it was a carry for sure.

BTW I know no one cares but its time for the slow reveal of ratings for Madden, which means its almost time for the game!

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/player-ratings

Top 10 rookies
Amari Cooper
Jameis Winston (Donnie's final parting gift?)
Todd Gurley
Leonard Williams
Brandon Scherff
Dante Fowler
Melvin Gordon
Kevin White
Marcus Mariota
Vic Beasley

Top 5 RBs
Marshawn Lynch
Child Abuser (seriously?)
Jamaal Charles
DeMarco Murray
Le'Veon Bell

Top 5 QBs
Godgers
Drew Brees
Ben Roofiesburger
Andrew Luck

LJ11

Was fun playing Rocket League with you guys the other night, I suck but I'll get better.

BTW I know no one cares but its time for the slow reveal of ratings for Madden, which means its almost time for the game!

Top 10 rookies
Amari Cooper
Todd Gurley
Leonard Williams
Brandon Scherff
Dante Fowler
Melvin Gordon
Kevin White
Marcus Mariota
Vic Beasley

Top 5 RBs
Marshawn Lynch
Jamaal Charles
DeMarco Murray
Le'Veon Bell

Top 5 QBs
Godgers
Drew Brees
Ben Roofiesburger
Andrew Luck

Man some of the ratings are borked. 92 speed for Charles, lol. Coming from MUT, adjustment will be difficult.

Top 10 rookies
Amari Cooper
Todd Gurley
Leonard Williams
Brandon Scherff
Dante Fowler
Melvin Gordon
Kevin White
Marcus Mariota
Vic Beasley

Top 5 RBs
Marshawn Lynch
Jamaal Charles
DeMarco Murray
Le'Veon Bell

Top 5 QBs
Godgers
Drew Brees
Ben Roofiesburger
Andrew Luck

Where is the great arik armstead

Greg

Is there an easy way to do like a quick 15-30 second clip with the PS4 share stuff?
in the share settings you can change the record length of clips from the share button all the way down to a minute

and if you already have a video, I think you can press like triangle or the option button while highlighting it and it'll give you the option to trim the clip

Top Bottom