• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

brentech

Has anyone played the Golf Club since the patch, and if so, how do you swing. =\

goodjob.gif

Not a bad price. Only missing an SSD.

Has anyone played the Golf Club since the patch, and if so, how do you swing. =\

I think the new power meter mechanic is heavily based on time between back swing and front swing.

You gotta basically just yank it back and instantly throw the stick forward to get 98%+ now, you can't hold on to it anymore to prevent hooks/pulls

Greg

I think the new power meter mechanic is heavily based on time between back swing and front swing.

You gotta basically just yank it back and instantly throw the stick forward to get 98%+ now, you can't hold on to it anymore to prevent hooks/pulls
so nothing has changed for me - awesome!

brentech

I've finally gone over 92. Getting 98 constantly, but not straight shots.
Watching the HB_Studios guy stream and asked him about it. He showed me his controller while taking a shot.

Just shot a 70 (75hcp) for Blue Willow

New swing stuff is interesting. Still wish they made the rough a bit more forgiving to hit out of, not being able to go 180 yards out of the first cut is kinda silly.

brentech

Event 1: Chambers Bay, WA (Thursday) - Par 70
  • Greg: 74 - HCP 76
  • Eznark: 76 - HCP 76
  • Brent: 80 - HCP 79
Event 2: Magnolia National, Georgia (Sunday) - Par 72
  • Splat: 72 - HCP ?
  • LostBigBoss: 75 - HCP 79
  • Eznark: 76 - HCP 76
  • Greg: 77 - HCP 79
  • Brent: 81 - HCP 80
Event 3: Whistling Straights Sheboygan, Wisconsin - Par 72
  • Splat: 68 - HCP ?
  • CrimsonCommie: 72 - 63
  • Eznark: 74 - HCP 77
  • Brent: 78 - HCP 77
  • Greg: 81 - HCP 83
Event 4: Blue Willow Club & Lodge - Par 72
  • Splat: 66 - HCP 69
  • Brent: 70 - HCP 69
  • TheLostBigBoss: 70 - HCP 75
  • Greg: 71 - HCP 73
  • CrimsonCommie: 71 - 67
  • Eznark: 77 - HCP 81
  • ph33nix: 96 - HCP Calculating

Updates.
I'm going to be playing like shit for a while. I can get power now, but my swings are pretty shitty. Not very straight, I pull most my shots.

Has anyone played the Golf Club since the patch, and if so, how do you swing.

I tried it once was just trying to get used to the new swing mechanics. I got around 88-92% power on most swings playing like before the patch but it I was really trying I could get 98-100. It seems like you have to press up faster to get full power now.

brentech

Played a round at more difficult course and it felt a lot better. Sometimes I forgot, but I'm mostly used to the new swing now.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
"This will never amount to anything"

Makes a trade that causes the game to last 3 hours.

Top Bottom