• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

LJ11

So EA fucked up big time. Every weekend they have Ultimate Legend 99 Cards that release. This week it was Steve Young, with an insane 99 Boss card that is only available in packs for 24 hours and then gone for good. A real money maker for EA.

Well anyone who did the Solo Challenge to get the collectible piece to actually do the non-Boss Steve Young set got the Boss card for free. EA servers were handing them out like candy. Funny thing is, my pathetic ass is always up by 10am on Saturday's so I can watch the marketplace, but I slept in and missed a free million plus card.

God I can't believe I typed that out, I need help...

Greg

So EA fucked up big time. Every weekend they have Ultimate Legend 99 Cards that release. This week it was Steve Young, with an insane 99 Boss card that is only available in packs for 24 hours and then gone for good. A real money maker for EA.

Well anyone who did the Solo Challenge to get the collectible piece to actually do the non-Boss Steve Young set got the Boss card for free. EA servers were handing them out like candy. Funny thing is, my pathetic ass is always up by 10am on Saturday's so I can watch the marketplace, but I slept in and missed a free million plus card.

it's time to uninstall, man

look what the off-season has done to you...

brentech

We're going to find you the help you need. I promise.

anuxi_rum.gif

LJ11

it's time to uninstall, man

look what the off-season has done to you...

I got this Cobb card I'm trying out, dude is the fucking truth. That's the thing with this game, you get a new card and want to fuck around and play more games.

Greg

I got this Cobb card I'm trying out, dude is the fucking truth. That's the thing with this game, you get a new card and want to fuck around and play more games.
that kind of truth won't set you free

I'm here if you need to talk, LJ!

LJ11

Worst part is that I was counting on the Young card to drive pack sales and drop the price of a couple of cards that I need to complete the D.Thomas WR set. Won't happen now.

Man, more pathetic words.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Worst part is that I was counting on the Young card to drive pack sales and drop the price of a couple of cards that I need to complete the D.Thomas WR set. Won't happen now.

Thats a real depressing hope to have, brother.

Smokey

I was in deep too. But I got out a while ago. Once you start getting into the economy etc it's great. I bought a Vita for the sole purpose of completing these challenges when I was at the office via Remote Play. I was in deep bruh.

I will be back to MUT in M16 tho! I am glad to see I will have a partner.

LJ, I hope you don't drink, buddy. You sound like you have a legit addictive personality.

He's fine lol. Dude just loves the mode. Ticks all the right boxes if you're into that kind of thing.

LJ11

I was in deep too. But I got out a while ago. Once you start getting into the economy etc it's great. I bought a Vita for the sole purpose of completing these challenges when I was at the office via Remote Play. I was in deep bruh.

I will be back to MUT in M16 tho! I am glad to see I will have a partner.

He's fine lol. Dude just loves the mode. Ticks all the right boxes if you're into that kind of thing.

Yeah, dude, we will collab for sure.

The only other thing I have a problem with is buying clothing/shoes/sneakers. I love shopping, but I've curtailed that big time this year. Can turn it off and on, and I don't go broke doing it either. It's mostly during sales, Dec/Jan and June/July.

BigAT

himym-4041.jpg

brentech

This griffin is whooping my ass. not sure if i should be higher than lvl 2, but whatever. playing on whatever level is right under the highest you can choose at the start

I would be so balls deep in that mode if I ever started. MLB DD alone has me hooked and their collection of legends is completely shitty.

Although I think I'm starting to lose interest in the mode. I played a complete fucking tool last night and I don't know if I have the patience anymore, I like my team enough as is.

This griffin is whooping my ass. not sure if i should be higher than lvl 2, but whatever. playing on whatever level is right under the highest you can choose at the start

shoot him down with your cross bow, then hit him 3 times max, and back off. be sure to use the circle button as opposed to X. works a bit different than bloodborne and the dodge/sidestep button is better for attacking

Mrbob

how is shadow of mordor? does that game have depth to it or is it basically a not-shitty version of dynasty warriors?

One of my favorite games of last year. It's great. The nemesis setup is awesome. I finished the game in about 20 some odd hours and will replay it again in the future.

brentech

shoot him down with your cross bow, then hit him 3 times max, and back off. be sure to use the circle button as opposed to X. works a bit different than bloodborne and the dodge/sidestep button is better for attacking
yeah, finally got it down after the 5th attempt or so.
I'm liking my quen shield. Pretty helpful. igni also would make it stay on the ground all defensive for a few seconds

edit: Actually realized Besiege was on sale so I picked that up. Should be good for down time between dota or some shit

brentech

wife didn't have a movie in mind to watch tonight. we learned that netflix has finally added Grease. Longest time it only had Grease 2 and fuck that.

Smokey

I'm only doing my career and it's very hard! Also, why do I have to be some undrafted scrub?

because it'll feel that much sweeter when you get to the HOF. Also wait until you hear the voice acting lol

have you ever played 2k before? if you haven't it's probably intimidating af. they also change the controls every year because reasons

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Gonna be playing smash with a friend online if anyone wants to hop in. Gotta get back into prime shape for tomorrow!

*If Crimson, restart your router before hand

because it'll feel that much sweeter when you get to the HOF. Also wait until you hear the voice acting lol

have you ever played 2k before? if you haven't it's probably intimidating af. they also change the controls every year because reasons

Yeah what the fuck, they only give me options for black guy voices. My dude's running around talking like white chocolate. Embarrassing.

I've played 2k12 but it feels like the isomotion stuff has changed a decent amount.

The worst is I can't go to my park to get upgrade points since that place is a fucking ghost town.

Top Bottom