• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

Somnia

Speaking of stuff like that, I am really disappointed they didn't bring out Savage with a power glove at the Nintendo World Championships lol

Smokey

BTW Smokey I'm sticking with CoD on XB1, I don't care about map pack crap. Though to be honest I may skip this years between Halo 5 and Battlefront I don't know if I need BLOPS. I may get it on sale sometime for zombies.

don't talk to me you non playing ESO friend

Ferny

don't talk to me you non playing ESO friend

o3Ukotm.gif

Not the first time Somnia has sold someone on him playing a game with them. We have all experienced it man. #Wildstar

Splat

Not that anyone cares, but I played some madden yesterday! The new air interactions actually make taller/stronger guys able to beat players deep with stuff other than speed.

eznark

Banned
Not that anyone cares, but I played some madden yesterday! The new air interactions actually make taller/stronger guys able to beat players deep with stuff other than speed.

how broken is user catching?

And how is your new gig going? Tell us what you are working on.

Greg

question is... are we even going to be able to use these new features in the league?

Splat

how broken is user catching?

And how is your new gig going? Tell us what you are working on.

Was only there a day this year, so was only able to play for a half or so. One deep ball Green actually caught over a db, the other he went up for it and the db jumped up and put his hands between green's to knock it out. Not just two guys battling for a ball independently (with the db always winning) anymore. Didn't try full manual catching, but the 3 options on how to catch is a nice touch.

They also had some weird new hearthstone arena-esque draft mode that I didn't get to try, but seemed kinda cool.

brentech

Just made 21,780 CR off some prototype tech that I found drifting in space while I was supposed to find some artifact. (I actually thought this was the right stuff, but after collected 4 and filling my hold I got the same money for it)

So that's how my criminal black market trading begins....by mistake. Think my first ship upgrade is going to be an Adder. I'm like 13,000CR away

TheCrow

Just made 21,780 CR off some prototype tech that I found drifting in space while I was supposed to find some artifact. (I actually thought this was the right stuff, but after collected 4 and filling my hold I got the same money for it)

So that's how my criminal black market trading begins....by mistake. Think my first ship upgrade is going to be an Adder. I'm like 13,000CR away

Time to hunt you down, criminal scum!

eznark

Banned
Basically planning on playing Elite Dangerous all day Saturday. I'm pretty sure you guys have done way more than me already. I just flew around looking at pretty stuff.

brentech

lets get him!!!!

dac15_face.gif

You'll be shot out of the sky before you get out of the docking station to find me....from what I've heard.

So far I've picked up:
Elite Dangerous
Besiege
I am Bread
Offworld Trading Company
Rayman Legends

Rayman being the only one that I didn't intend to get at some point, but I really enjoyed playing Origins on my Vita so I thought I'd grab it. Unless something else like that pops up, I'm probably done with purchases. Like $75 or so spent.

TheCrow

I'll jump in on saturday. Haven't played in a while and a big patch hit since then.

Here's my steam sale haul so far:
Game of Thrones
Please Don't Touch Anything
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Gang Beasts
Killer is Dead
Far Cry 4
How to Survive
Pac-man CE DX
Child of Light
Valiant Hearts
Space Rangers
Wolfenstein
Sniper Elite 3
Tales from the Borderlands
Life is Strange

Right now I have Risen 3 in my cart but not sure if I'll go through with it. Besides Project Cars I think I'm done with getting most of what I wanted.

Splat

That's basically all I got! I probably played more FIFA than Madden in the time i was there (but not by much). Fifa plays waaay differently.

eznark

Banned
You'll be shot out of the sky before you get out of the docking station to find me....from what I've heard.

So far I've picked up:
Elite Dangerous
Besiege
I am Bread
Offworld Trading Company
Rayman Legends

Rayman being the only one that I didn't intend to get at some point, but I really enjoyed playing Origins on my Vita so I thought I'd grab it. Unless something else like that pops up, I'm probably done with purchases. Like $75 or so spent.

highfive.gif
highfive.gif
highfive.gif

Splat

whaaaaaat?!

They wanted to have actual mid-field plays happen instead of being a zone everyone just rushes through box to box. Interceptions all over the field are much much much more common and just trying to get across mid is a challenge now.

eznark

Banned
They wanted to have actual mid-field plays happen instead of being a zone everyone just rushes through box to box. Interceptions all over the field are much much much more common and just trying to get across mid is a challenge now.

So they made it as boring as soccer?

TheCrow

It actually sounds like you have to earn getting into the box. Maybe people will pass more now.

brentech

Phee, do you still have Fifa to see how many games of clubs we all played?

FIFA always releases on or the week of my anniversary. Always have to pick it up when I get home.
Going back to Cali this year for a coastal cruise with an overnight stop in SF so we can see some things we didn't get to our first time there.

Greg

that sounds great

15 felt really balanced to me with lower-tier teams, but it was too easy to run the length of the field with a single player and finish once you got to the elite speed guys

I got FIFA a few months late and probably still played twice as much as I did Madden this year... such a good time

Phee, do you still have Fifa to see how many games of clubs we all played?

FIFA always releases on or the week of my anniversary. Always have to pick it up when I get home.
Going back to Cali this year for a coastal cruise with an overnight stop in SF so we can see some things we didn't get to our first time there.
I still have fifa but the game actually nuked our club, I guess for inactivity. We tried playing a few weeks ago and it was gone. My guess would be maybe 300 plus games total?

I am quite possibly skipping FIFA this year in favor of the return of EASHL, unless the game play in NHL is trash, but we'll see when the time comes. I liked playing both but as far as team up modes go I preferred nhl to all the other games

brentech

bummer
Yeah, I was thinking of skipping FIFA this year and still might, but it's usually pretty tough. On the field play is pretty much better than any other sports game in terms of fluidity.

brentech

how much was sniper elite 3 when you got it crow? I was thinking about it and decided not at the time, but kind of wishing I grabbed it

brentech

Took a contract to kill a 'escaped' prisoner (the jail let him loose to be killed to reduce cost...lol). They paid me 51,726 for it. But I also made bounty money of 12k for it as well in another region. New ship got got.

Ferny

Um I've played ESO every day since launch for at least 1 to 2 hours. You haven't messaged me or sent me a single invite, so where have you been?
Then why is your character level 11?! Yeeeeeah that's right I checked.

Also you're playing ESO on PS4. How can I invite you cross platform.

Smokey you aint shit in GeoWars.

Top Bottom