• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

Smokey

Jason Gay ‏@jasongay
Today is somebody's last day before becoming a New York Knick.

Poor guy probably won't even see it coming.

lmao

If they pick eznarks boy Kaminsky my night will be complete

Smokey told me he wouldn't be good because
white
reasons

He's not going to be anything more than a rotational player in the league. And that's ok.

eznark

Banned
Furious. If he doesn't go first I will continue my decades long stance of not paying attention to the NBA. Though I am positive that stance will continue regardless.

Smokey

Furious. If he doesn't go first I will continue my decades long stance of not paying attention to the NBA. Though I am positive that stance will continue regardless.

At least your new unis are fire. You should pay more attention to your team. Wife beater jason kidd doin werk

Jarate

Banned
Kaminsly has the best set of offensive skills for a big man in the draft right now. Good 3 point shooter, decent athleticism, decent passer, and decent ball handling skills. His weaknesses are his inside defense but hell prolly play a stretch 4 in the NBA.

Dekker is too inconsistent at shooting to be a good NBA player cause his athleticism makes him a good defender and a good slasher wing, but if he can't shoot consistently hell be like JR Smith where he won't really add to a team, but be a threat enough just by existing.

If Kaminsky or Dekker were euros they'd be in the top 10 and maybe top 6-7, but since they are white dudes from Sheboygan Wisconsin they get hated on. Dekkers upside is much more limited cause his game doesn't gel with the current NBA like Kaminsky does.

Jarate

Banned
Kaminsky ain't shit tho

He'll be a decent rotational player as I said
Kamisnky shot like 42% from 3 the two years he played big minutes, even if he is purely a rotation guy at his lowest, he'll still be a dangerous player and at 10 a rotation guy is not a bad player to get

Dude is prolly going to Miami though which is a really good fit for him

Smokey

Kamisnky shot like 42% from 3 the two years he played big minutes, even if he is purely a rotation guy at his lowest, he'll still be a dangerous player and at 10 a rotation guy is not a bad player to get

Dude is prolly going to Miami though which is a really good fit for him

I agree!

Jarate

Banned
His ceiling is basically Dirk, if Kaminsky can drive like he could in College hell be a super dangerous offensive player

His floor is Spencer Hawes.

We've seen what he can do against an NBA Lev back court against Kentucky where they put WCS and towns against him, and dude still scored over 20 points

But WCS is the most overrated player in the draft IMO

Speaking of leagues, I'm really interested in Golf Club, anyone interested in trying to make a GAF league or something? Does the game support online play enough to organize something like that?

I'd be happy if the Heat ended up with WCS. Probably an upgraded version of birdman. Idk how long he'd be happy with coming off the bench tho.

What happened?

DCX
I quit. Spending all morning on trades just for a backup LB to get blocked. That league doesn't understand what it is. Casual leagues aren't concerned with late round draft picks and backups. That's not where leagues are broken. Yet Johnny Park is a member. Shits hilarious.

Smokey

His ceiling is basically Dirk, if Kaminsky can drive like he could in College hell be a super dangerous offensive player

His floor is Spencer Hawes.

We've seen what he can do against an NBA Lev back court against Kentucky where they put WCS and towns against him, and dude still scored over 20 points

But WCS is the most overrated player in the draft IMO

Dirk?

bruh

eznark

Banned
Speaking of leagues, I'm really interested in Golf Club, anyone interested in trying to make a GAF league or something? Does the game support online play enough to organize something like that?

I play The Golf Club frequently, do not thing that is an option but it might be? I just always jump into some random course stroke play.

Jarate

Banned
Dirk?

bruh
I don't think Dirk will happen, as I don't think his athleticism will be enough for him to slash in the NBA, but if he can he's just as good of a shooter and has the same deffeciencies as Dirk IE his post game his lacking on offense and defense

But that's a huge if for him

Greg

last time I jumped on TGC because ez was playing, the last recorded score it showed on my friends list was months old

brentech

Just use your friend list and add them as your ghost competition. That's what I do for every course I play.

Meant to ask last week if you all wanted to do a course or two a week, that way we weren't rushing to get a bunch done.

Some of these created courses are getting crazy realistic.

------
Upped my trade rank in Elite to 'Dealer' which requires making 800,000 in trade profit. I have something like 450k right now. Think I'll keep my Adder ship for trade/mining options and purchase a second ship for exploration; which I enjoy much more.
Think I'm looking to buy the Diamondback Explorer. Seems to put the cockpit right out in front with a shit load of window space to see around you.

eznark

Banned
The Chamber's Bay course is fucking awesome.

I actually did a mission last night Brent! Then I started watching Caddyshack and drifted away, sorry if you were trying to reach out.

whatever happened to that dude from BYU who was so great he had to leave college early because he was too popular? nothing! kaminsky will be just another role player in the NBA. his ceiling is tyler hansborough

Jarate

Banned
whatever happened to that dude from BYU who was so great he had to leave college early because he was too popular? nothing! kaminsky will be just another role player in the NBA. his ceiling is tyler hansborough
Tyler Hansborough couldnt shoot like kaminsky can and get their points in 2 different ways, also hansborough is 6'9" while Kaminsky is 7'1"

If you want a typical white guy to compare him too, then Spencer Hawes is a better pick, but Kaminsky's offense is a lot better then Hawes imo

Greg

Just use your friend list and add them as your ghost competition. That's what I do for every course I play.

Meant to ask last week if you all wanted to do a course or two a week, that way we weren't rushing to get a bunch done.
I'm down for that

I need a reason to turn my PS4 on

btw i want everyone to know i completed my hero challenge with both earthshaker and slardar last night!

rtrjswdtbcgx3kqxvvbh.gif

but then re-rolled and one of my new 3 heroes is speed wolf

Lloyd-Christmas-Happy-to-Sad.gif

I quit. Spending all morning on trades just for a backup LB to get blocked. That league doesn't understand what it is. Casual leagues aren't concerned with late round draft picks and backups. That's not where leagues are broken. Yet Johnny Park is a member. Shits hilarious.

Careful there breh

You don't know what lurks

brentech

The Chamber's Bay course is fucking awesome.

I actually did a mission last night Brent! Then I started watching Caddyshack and drifted away, sorry if you were trying to reach out.

Let's start with Chamber's Bay.
Play as many times as you like, or just play it once and be done. Then we'll move on in a week or so and tally a win for lowest score each course we play as we move on.

Something that isn't super time consuming but keeps me playing the game more than once a month.

---
I saw you on when I was just logging in to check some stuff. I just happened to travel like 140Ly back to that start system in order to sell exploration data there. I was like one jump from your system.

Kaminsky would make a fine Knick,
I just got done working out and afterwards was trying to spare the life of my 15-17 year old audio receiver (which I now know is dead). While testing all possible port solutions, the TV was on ESPN for like 3 minutes and during that time they were talking about who the Knicks would pick. They named 3 guys and Kaminsky was one of them, then they were like "if they pick one of those three, I can hear the booing already".

Top Bottom