• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I went on a 9 game losing streak in dota a few weeks ago. Since then, ive won 28 of 36.

EASY GAME IS EASY

TheCrow

Waking up with knee pain is the worst.
rage.gif

BigAT

I went on a 9 game losing streak in dota a few weeks ago. Since then, ive won 28 of 36.

EASY GAME IS EASY

Remind me not to play with you, the snap back to 50% will be swift and painful.

I'm on a six-game winning streak myself, won 10 of the last 11, 13 of the last 15. I expect to be punished by Valvo pretty promptly.

My first round was far worse Splat. Same thing, I used to be much better, but I just played again and felt pretty good about it. My handicap index improved from 0.9 to 0.6 with this game. To get that score it took an eagle from a 59 yard shot.
I had the worst % to make in every putt range they break down and highest putts required average. Need to improve there.

Event 2: Magnolia National, Georgia (Sunday) Par 72
Greg: 77 - HCP 79
Brent: 81 - HCP 80
Eznark: 82 - HCP 82
Splat: 85 HCP?

We'll probably play this for a week unless every one tired of it and wants to move on, so post better scores if you get them.

Brent, Eznark, Splat, send me a PSN request so I can get in on this action.

PSN; dkuch

TheCrow

New WWE cover is pretty good. Maybe the game will be too. How can it not with this guy on the cover?

a0p6AqN.jpg

Just wanted an excuse to post this picture. I want that physique.
happytears.gif

I had to stop playing dota. Great game but it just doesn't respect your time. I can't dedicate my life to those 45-60 minute matches anymore.

Heroes of the storm isn't as "Good" but I love that I can play a game in 15 minutes

eznark

Banned
ChrisBenoitSlitThroat.jpg

Spending 15 minutes playing an awful game seems like a much bigger waste of time than spending 45-60 minutes playing a great one.

TheCrow

I had to stop playing dota. Great game but it just doesn't respect your time. I can't dedicate my life to those 45-60 minute matches anymore.

Heroes of the storm isn't as "Good" but I love that I can play a game in 15 minutes

More like you don't respect your time. Playing fucking HOTS instead. Get atta here. At least play great games like Witcher 3 or Recettear if you're gonna abandon the dotes.

More like you don't respect your time. Playing fucking HOTS instead. Get atta here. At least play great games like Witcher 3 or Recettear if you're gonna abandon the dotes.

That's the idea dude, stop playing Dota so I can play other games instead of Only Dota and madden forever.

If you're giving Witcher 3 the time it deserves you're probably not staying very good at dota.

TheCrow

That's the idea dude, stop playing Dota so I can play other games instead of Only Dota and madden forever.

If you're giving Witcher 3 the time it deserves you're probably not staying very good at dota.

Tell me about it. I felt it during the IHL games this past month. If I'm not on DK I'm lost out there. You should just cut madden out. Now theres a game that doesn't respect your time.

I put in like 50 hours and I just started Act 2. Game is so damn good, almost too good. I even sank hours into the card game. This time around I actually enjoy playing it. Wasn't a big fan of what they had in 1 and 2.

CB3

Thats a curious argument. Taking a long time for a match doesnt exactly equal not respecting your time. Its not any secret matches could pass a hour.

Thats a curious argument. Taking a long time for a match doesnt exactly equal not respecting your time. Its not any secret matches could pass a hour.
Just the amount of time commitment is a big deal. I'll say again, it's a great game, the highs in Dota are unsurpassed by almost any other game. But the amount of times someone disconnects, or someone on the other team feeds, or the various other things that can happen 30 minutes in, and the match is just completely ruined are frustrating.

scott doesnt respect my time by making me read these dumb anti-doter posts!

rage.gif

FMT banish him
It pains me to do this! I've got 1000+ hours in Dota just like the rest of you fiends, but I like other games too!

CB3

Just the amount of time commitment is a big deal. I'll say again, it's a great game, the highs in Dota are unsurpassed by almost any other game. But the amount of times someone disconnects, or someone on the other team feeds, or the various other things that can happen 30 minutes in, and the match is just completely ruined are frustrating.

you sound like you solo queued alot. Play with people you know. alot of those things go away

BigAT

you sound like you solo queued alot. Play with people you know. alot of those things go away

Yeah, and even if the match goes poorly you get to talk about Crazy Town and WWF Forced Entry for 45 minutes so your time is well spent.

Playing with your bros is way better for DotA, even if you're like 2 tiers below everyone like I am. Then you just have to deal with AT's sighs of disappointment instead of some Russian cursing you out.

cdyhybrid

Playing with your bros is way better for DotA, even if you're like 2 tiers below everyone like I am. Then you just have to deal with AT's sighs of disappointment instead of some Russian cursing you out.

But you either won't know a Russian is cursing you out (if he's speaking Russian) or get to laugh at him trying to use English slurs with a heavy Russian accent.

Top Bottom