• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
between watching the quicklook for project cars and playing the PS+ version of DriveClub, it just reminds me that id kill for a new Project Gotham Racing.

eznark

Banned
fartofwar still the best twitter follow

CJR1GvbVEAALzlB.png:large

brentech

For those in the OOTP league, and those that might have some interest to join, today's sim is going to take us through 2016 Opening Day to get the season started.

brentech

No games will be simmed though right? This sim will just take care of the remaining spring training games?

We're already up to Opening day. Games will be played. First 7 days of the season.

GOBL News: Opening Day
Sunday, April 10th, 2016
It's Opening Day in GAF Online Baseball League!
The brand new 2016 pennant race begins today. The clubs are poised and primed for another new season of baseball filled with plenty of spills, chills, hits, runs, errors and homers. Another exciting season kicks off with these games:

Milwaukee Brewers @ Chicago Cubs

brentech

do you have to know much about baseball to enjoy it and be decent?

I personally didn't follow baseball prior, and I still don't totally follow the game, but starting to play OOTP this year has made me at least a bit interested in the actual team that I'm controlling.

I'm sure it doesn't hurt to have some further knowledge, but I did well enough last season...just missing the playoffs.

eznark

Banned
We're already up to Opening day. Games will be played. First 7 days of the season.

Oh shit, normally you'd do an advance up to the end of spring trianing but before opening day so people can set their rosters. Then do a 1 day advance to opening day. Did I miss that?

BigAT

I think we're up to, but not past, opening day. At least I was able to set my final roster last night and had more than 25 players on my active roster at the time.

brentech

Oh shit, normally you'd do an advance up to the end of spring trianing but before opening day so people can set their rosters. Then do a 1 day advance to opening day. Did I miss that?

There is no 'normally' for a man having to control the league with no experience running one.

I think we're up to, but not past, opening day. At least I was able to set my final roster last night and had more than 25 players on my active roster at the time.

Yeah, simmed onto opening day. No games played.

eznark

Banned
There is no 'normally' for a man having to control the league with no experience running one.

Yeah, simmed onto opening day. No games played.

You did it right!

Incidentally, I can take over as regular is you want, or you can keep doing it. Up to you!

brentech

You did it right!

Incidentally, I can take over as regular is you want, or you can keep doing it. Up to you!

You'll need to this week anyways. I'm heading out of town Thursday morning and constantly on the move till Monday. Not worth taking the laptop with me.

eznark

Banned
You'll need to this week anyways. I'm heading out of town Thursday morning and constantly on the move till Monday. Not worth taking the laptop with me.

Sounds good. I am heading up to Columbus Saturday morning so we might miss one sim. Can't imagine how long it would take to upload on hotel wifi!

brentech

I just posted the league thread with an update to the GM list. We have 5 team openings. There was also a GM swap before the first season had even started so I moved Pete to right team. I think everything else is correct.

eznark

Banned
Hope the state lets them walk. The proposal got taken out of the budget, so it'll have to pass on its own which will be a lot harder.

Its a spread sheet game of roster management. Knowing some of the weird quirks of roster rules in MLB is helpful but not required, the game is usually pretty good at giving you info about the effects of certain types of moves and people in the league thread are always willing to give advice/info.

Russell Wilson and I both have something in common, we both aren't having sex with Ciara.

Hi Russell, God told you to stay abstinent? How noble. I feel like this same God would have probably told you not to get divorced as well.

Mrbob

Trump might be the worlds greatest troll. Press release from today.

CJV06NlUkAAPrEY.png

Its a spread sheet game of roster management. Knowing some of the weird quirks of roster rules in MLB is helpful but not required, the game is usually pretty good at giving you info about the effects of certain types of moves and people in the league thread are always willing to give advice/info.

Russell Wilson and I both have something in common, we both aren't having sex with Ciara.

Fake Hollywood relationship to get more money. Wonder what percentage Ciara is getting.

Mrbob

The deep sea thread in the OT is fascinating. And scary. Forget space, still hardly know about the craziness in the depths of our own planet.

Top Bottom