• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

I'm not a complete natural but these are things I know I could have been good at if I really gave a shit.

I think my last few words told me everything I needed to know though...

I've probably smoked all my math skills away @.@

I smoked all during calculus I-III, differential equations, discrete mathematics and made A's in every class but I was broke and couldn't smoke when I took theory of probability and failed lol. Engineering degrees are a hell of a lot of work though

I smoked all during calculus I-III, differential equations, discrete mathematics and made A's in every class but I was broke and couldn't smoke when I took theory of probability and failed lol. Engineering degrees are a hell of a lot of work though

How is Calc III and Differential?

I'm a computer science major, so my calc ended at Calc II and I don't have to take differential.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I have an engineering degree.

I am going after my PE license in mechanical engineering.

I wish I would've gone into finance though. More money there.

cdyhybrid

If I could do college again I'd do astrophysics or biology of some sort (marine perhaps?).

Too bad I didn't find out what kind of stuff I liked until after I graduated :p At least I'll be able to make a decent living with the degree I got.

I breezed through Calcs 1-3, Diff EQs was hard for me because I started dating and got distracted

It sucked for me because I took Calc I and Calc II about a year apart.

And I took Calc II in the summer for eight weeks, kissed that summer away (although I got a B+). I don't remember all that much, it was a year ago and I haven't really used calc in anything else other than Physics, but I'm sure if I had to I could re-call the shit in about a week and look over my old notebooks.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It sucked for me because I took Calc I and Calc II about a year apart.

And I took Calc II in the summer for eight weeks, kissed that summer away (although I got a B+). I don't remember all that much, it was a year ago and I haven't really used calc in anything else other than Physics, but I'm sure if I had to I could re-call the shit in about a week and look over my old notebooks.

You prob won't use it in Computer Science breh.

Calc 2 and on were needed for the higher level thermodynamics and electrical classes. RIP mastershake

You prob won't use it in Computer Science breh.

Calc 2 and on were needed for the higher level thermodynamics and electrical classes. RIP mastershake

Yea, I've kinda come to terms with that.

But I'm taking linear equations for one of my elective math courses, which is pretty likely to be useful somehow in someway along the way.

TheCrow

i sometimes think about taking my education further and getting a higher paying job but then i remember i just dont give a shit to dedicate my life to a career. better to dedicate it to doter!

Exactly. My cushy ass accounting job allows me to browse gaf/play OOTP all day. I'm pretty sure shake has studied more for his past finals then I ever did in my 4 years of accounting.

rando14

Exactly. My cushy ass accounting job allows me to browse gaf/play OOTP all day. I'm pretty sure shake has studied more for his past finals then I ever did in my 4 years of accounting.

Sometimes I wonder how life would be if I had done this!! Life in school is tough BUT I think sometimes... what if I just stopped after 4 years!! I could be a Hearthstone and Rocket League GOD!!

I have an engineering degree.

I am going after my PE license in mechanical engineering.

I wish I would've gone into finance though. More money there.

Yeah I have a computer engineering degree but I learned pretty quickly that even though engineers make a lot of money to start, they plateau pretty quickly. Well, unless you go into management.

Differential equations is probably my favorite class ever. That shit was so much fun! It was pretty hard though.

Oh and Calculus 3 was pretty much 1 and 2 in 3 dimensions if I remember correctly. It was kinda hard but my teacher used a 15 point scale and I made a 100 on the first exam which kept my grade up the whole semester.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sometimes I wonder how life would be if I had done this!! Life in school is tough BUT I think sometimes... what if I just stopped after 4 years!! I could be a Hearthstone and Rocket League GOD!!

We could have been making millions now that eSports are taking off

Yeah I have a computer engineering degree but I learned pretty quickly that even though engineers make a lot of money to start, they plateau pretty quickly. Well, unless you go into management.

Then just go into management. Don't get me wrong I am doing OK but I am not pulling down 7 figure bonuses and crap like that.

ty for the potential hookup smokes ill remember that <3

I didn't know you were working in O&G, though you are in Houston and it seems everyone is in O&G

How is Calc III and Differential?

I'm a computer science major, so my calc ended at Calc II and I don't have to take differential.

Diff EQ was surprisingly easy I thought. It's a pretty useful class moving forward for engineering (at least my branch of engineering). I enjoyed it.

Calc 3 is lame and I don't even remember what i learned from that class. I use a lot of techniques from calc1/2 and diff EQ for my higher level stuff.

RIP mastershake

cry.gif

Diff eq was annoying but iirc it was helpful for P-chem, man FUCK that class!! -_-

I've heard horror stories about P-chem. For my reservoir fluids class(essentially our Thermo II) our professor had us doing stuff you learn in P-chem. Man that class was absolute hell

Smokey

ty for the potential hookup smokes ill remember that <3

I didn't know you were working in O&G, though you are in Houston and it seems everyone is in O&G

Yup. On IT side. Going on 5 years now.Thinking of going back fot masters and getting a O&G centric degree. That way I'd have IT and O&G covered. Those two would travel prettty well.

Then just go into management. Don't get me wrong I am doing OK but I am not pulling down 7 figure bonuses and crap like that.

I did. I'm just saying, people fall in love with starting salaries and they don't realize that the growth isn't what you'd maybe find doing something else.

Yup. On IT side. Going on 5 years now.Thinking of going back fot masters and getting a O&G centric degree. That way I'd have IT and O&G covered. Those two would travel prettty well.

Travel is the best part if O&G, which is why i decided on PETE. If i can land a job at a service company I'll be all over the place. That's the dream at least.

I swear if I end up with an office job im going to cut myself

gotta get that per diem
mozz_shopkeep.gif

rando14

Travel is the best part if O&G, which is why i decided on PETE. If i can land a job at a service company I'll be all over the place. That's the dream at least.

gotta get that per diem
mozz_shopkeep.gif

Preach!! When I first start I plan on doing some locum tenens for the first few years, can make some serious mad cash that way

Preach!! When I first start I plan on doing some locum tenens for the first few years, can make some serious mad cash that way

no idea what a locum tenens is

You are going to/already in Med school right?

so, i have this rash on muh ball sack... can you look at it?
blush.gif

rando14

no idea what a locum tenens is

You are going to/already in Med school right?

so, i have this rash on muh ball sack... can you look at it?
blush.gif

Locum tenens is when you travel around the US and you work in a location for a certain period of time (as short as 2-4 works to as long as a year). Get paid more per hr, plus they pay for all transportation, living expenses, etc. Should be a good way to see the US and earn some cash

As for your ballsack, I will refer you to my friend FMT, he is a master of the nether regions!!

Locum tenens is when you travel around the US and you work in a location for a certain period of time (as short as 2-4 works to as long as a year). Get paid more per hr, plus they pay for all transportation, living expenses, etc. Should be a good way to see the US and earn some cash

As for your ballsack, I will refer you to my friend FMT, he is a master of the nether regions!!

my diagnosis is a thing we call earth spirit balls. i had it before but it goes away once you win a game with earth spirit. god speed shake!

gotta get that per diem
mozz_shopkeep.gif

Yeah it's a pretty great thing to do when you're young and don't have a family. I get offers for contract work around the country all the time but I don't want to see my kid only two days a week. I wish I took advantage of it when I was younger.

I finally got the Golf Club. What is it that yall have been doing lately? Just playing a certain course every week?

Who's down for some Worms tonight? Or Smash/Mario Kart?

TheCrow

That picture of the rainbow over Nintendo HQ :(

In other news, on this episode of crow's workout corner. Might be done with benching 240. Back down to 225 for now. Nothing is going right. ;_;

BigAT

That picture of the rainbow over Nintendo HQ :(

In other news, on this episode of crow's workout corner. Might be done with benching 240. Back down to 225 for now. Nothing is going right. ;_;

Your life force is growing weaker without the Dota. Soon you will whither up and die. Just like how we lost Ror's.
Emoticon_tears.gif

Top Bottom