• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 3 League Thread: The Imperial March (to the superbowl!)

Fifty

It's 7:07 now, Bog.....We were going to play at 7. I don't see you on GA, AIM or XBL. Dammit, I hope you show up soon.

Fifty

Alright, I guess you're not going to be ready for our game now. 10:00 was the original time I suggested (before you said 7 was better) so I'll check back with the hope you'll be there at 10.

oh shit matrix he is pulling a freddie mitchell on you!

"who dey??"

p.s. i can only name the texans starting CB's without cheating. aaron glenn and duante robinson (i know they have a guy named faggins too)

Fifty

I know you don't like the game bog, and it's "boring as shit" but if you don't want to play just say it, and I'll take the win. Tomorrow doesn't work, and you said two times tonight worked for you...and since I see that you're on the boards I'm posting this final plea to get you to go tonight. 10 Eastern...confirm and let's get this rolling.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh shit matrix he is pulling a freddie mitchell on you!

"who dey??"

p.s. i can only name the texans starting CB's without cheating. aaron glenn and duante robinson (i know they have a guy named faggins too)

:lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Sometimes this game is an absolute piece of crap.
I just conceded to dskillztown cause everytime I touched the ball I turned it over. Throw a pass? Interecption. Run an awesome freakin counter route? Fumble. Absolutely stupid.
Yes I know I'm not great at this game. And I know that some of you all are. But give me a break here.

Does everyone automatically blitz like every freakin play when they play the Falcons?? Cause sure Vick is fast and all and sometimes I will use him to run and to get some room to throw. But EA sure made up for his running ability by giving the Falcons the weakest freakin O-line ever.

Ugh. I am so mad right now.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Truelize said:
Sometimes this game is an absolute piece of crap.
I just conceded to dskillztown cause everytime I touched the ball I turned it over. Throw a pass? Interecption. Run an awesome freakin counter route? Fumble. Absolutely stupid.
Yes I know I'm not great at this game. And I know that some of you all are. But give me a break here.

Does everyone automatically blitz like every freakin play when they play the Falcons?? Cause sure Vick is fast and all and sometimes I will use him to run and to get some room to throw. But EA sure made up for his running ability by giving the Falcons the weakest freakin O-line ever.

Ugh. I am so mad right now.

I QB spy a lot when I face Vick,but Ramirez never had the problems you're having,but then again he is God soooo :(

i will say that i blitz the F out of the falcons because i have no other recourse. if i give vick time in the pocket and only chase him with my D-line, i would be dead meat. the key is that if someone is blitzing, that means someone is open. you have to find a way to get it to that open man. i noticed when i played you that you didn't step up in the pocket. stepping up does 2 things against the blitz (when you're vick): gives you more time to make your reads, and gives you room to take off. just step up in the pocket, and slide through the blocking and if you dont see anything take off. if the D is in man to man, it will be a big gain.

about fumbling, use Y to "cover" the ball up. it does slow you down, but your odds of fumbling are at least cut in half.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah it's just so hard to feel like I'm getting better when I wind up matching up against so many awesome players that's all. It's like everyone has the ability to just kill me. It's frustrating.

It was a weak fumble though. Not a big hit at all.

I'll try to get into the pocket though. It's hard being a noob cause I don't really know what I'm doing wrong. I appreciate the help though. Thanks.

Matrix

Slo,Im in the lobby if you want to play now,just letting you know,if not ill still be here for 11.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
^^ true I am as much of a noob as you are i picked this up right before the league started, trust me, keep practicing and it will come.. just know your team and learn your playbook... oh and dont let the loss get to you, you will get better

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Malleymal said:
^^ true I am as much of a noob as you are i picked this up right before the league started, trust me, keep practicing and it will come.. just know your team and learn your playbook... oh and dont let the loss get to you, you will get better

Yeah, malleymal is like god now.

True, I didn't think you played as bad as you are making it sound. Just was a good game for me. Like I said on AIM, Crumpler was killing me and then you kind of went away from it. If my QB is getting sacked, I will use quick developing plays to frustrate the defense. Alot of the routes you were using kind of looked like they took a while to develop. Anytime you want to practice, hit me on AIM. Only with experience are you going to get any better.

Slo

That was the most outrageous game of all time. I'm literally exhausted.

GG Matrix. I thought I had you put away, you chewed through Dime defense all night. And WHAT THE FUCK was up with Bennett dropping a sure first down towards the end of the game?!?! :lol

I hope the stats recorded. I got a message that the server was down after I ended the game. Same thing happened last year, the stats eventually showed up after about a week.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
WHAT THE!? I thought I was at least near the 120s for QB rating. :( My crappy yards/completion has killed me I guess. :( That's really what I wanted to keep up this season.

Matrix

Slo said:
That was the most outrageous game of all time. I'm literally exhausted.

GG Matrix. I thought I had you put away, you chewed through Dime defense all night. And WHAT THE FUCK was up with Bennett dropping a sure first down towards the end of the game?!?! :lol

I hope the stats recorded. I got a message that the server was down after I ended the game. Same thing happened last year, the stats eventually showed up after about a week.

Yea it was a GG except one thing.....

You ran I believe something out of the 4 wide,I think its called HB streak,atleast in the Texans playbook,but both inside recievers ran outside posts.Thats banned in the league as far as I know.I went online after the game and showed Fifty the play you ran,which I was starting to be able to stop playing prevent cause nothing else stops it,and calling prevent is risky,and Fifty said it was banned after I showed him it.

Im 100% positive the play is banned,its called out of the shotgun-tight and I believe that was the play you were using,the play is bs imo.

I'm not being a sore loser,but if thats a banned play,thats fucked up that you used it againt me.

Slo

I'm positive I didn't run that play. I do have that play in my playbook but make sure to avoid it. There is a play from bunch formation where both the outside receivers run corners and the inside receivers run flys, which I called exactly once. On that play the back does not run a streak, he runs an out pattern. If that is illegal, I sincerly apologize. To my knowledge it's not.

Are you on now? I'll show it to you.

Speaking of corner routes though, I believe I saw roughly 47 of them tonight on defense. Let's not be throwing accuzations around so hastily. :)

Matrix

Slo said:
I'm positive I didn't run that play. I do have that play in my playbook but make sure to avoid it. There is a play from bunch formation where both the outside receivers run corners and the inside receivers run flys, which I called exactly once. On that play the back does not run a streak, he runs an out pattern. If that is illegal, I sincerly apologize. To my knowledge it's not.

Are you on now? I'll show it to you.

Speaking of corner routes though, I believe I saw roughly 47 of them tonight on defense. Let's not be throwing accuzations around so hastily. :)

Well I dont recall my corner routes being banned plays :\ Also with your amount of blitzing I was lucky to get anything off,but I would have done the samething since I wasnt running,davis sucks and you knew I was passing 95% of the time.Like I said it was a GG,im just not sure that play is legal in our league.Btw you say you ran that play once if thats the play you called,but you went into that 4 wide formation tons of times,so you were either running that bunch play or the one I think you did a few times when you were in trouble on 3rd downs.

But its in the past,you beat me and Im going to move on.I just hope our stats are recorded cause I got that message too,and I had a nice game in the air.

Slo

Corner routes aren't illegal, and they are only cheese if you talk to the right person(s). :) They are fair game, in moderation, as far as I'm concerned. Again, I apologize if I cheesed you, I assure you it was unintentional.

Also, I ran very few blitzes. I did do the line split with outside rush (because like you said I was sure you were going to pass), but for the most part I was in just straight man on man. I'm willing to bet I ran 6-8 total blitzes throughout the game, we'll wait and see when the numbers show up.

When you started running the ball in the fouth quarter you really tore up my defense. You should have seen my defenders, they were all piss yellow with fatigue and I had no way to stop you.

Matrix

I'm my worst enemy,I should have ran more,but anytime I see something that I think is illegal in the league..I lose my temper and play dumb....ask fifty :lol

Yea now that I look back I dont think you blitzed that much,its just my damn line is garbage and I forget that sometimes.If I was using the Ravens,I would have all day to throw.

I have no problem if Im beat by someone who doesnt know if something is cheese,cause I think I did some bs play against ck in season 2 that I had no idea was banned,it just sucks when you thinks its happening to you and your team is already at a disadvantage in the game,cause they stink :p

it just sucks when you thinks its happening to you and your team is already at a disadvantage in the game,cause they stink :p

don't you ladies love it when i bring up the fact that i've won with a worse team than anyone :D

i kid i kid... i kid because i love

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
don't you ladies love it when i bring up the fact that i've won with a worse team than anyone :D

i kid i kid... i kid because i love

Yea,but you're like the MJ of madden...so like you dont count! :D

Isnt it time you retire :(

Matrix

pow_kjw.jpg

"gimme the damn ball 50!"

Rorschach

Truelize said:
Yeah it's just so hard to feel like I'm getting better when I wind up matching up against so many awesome players that's all. It's like everyone has the ability to just kill me. It's frustrating.

It was a weak fumble though. Not a big hit at all.

I'll try to get into the pocket though. It's hard being a noob cause I don't really know what I'm doing wrong. I appreciate the help though. Thanks.
Get a few games in with me. :p

Also, go Raiders!!!

there can be only one no. cal team as champ rors!

battle of the bays next week! al davis vs. john york. bill walsh vs. john madden. todd marinovich vs. elvis grbac. jerry rice vs.... jerry rice! they're all here friends!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
HG, whenever you wanna play, either post on here, or IM me. AIM: Mike31820 MSN: Mike1979

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Still on for 8PM tonight like we had agreed on over PM, Maverick? Has to be tonight, deadline is tomorrow early in the morning.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
We gonna play tomorrow Matrix?

Yea,what time you want to play?

Matrix

Is 7 pm eastern ok? If im around earlier,Ill be sure to post here so we can play even sooner.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
GG HG. We are Offensive Juggernauts! Beware our combined Wrath Le Madden Elite!

Lonestar1979 hgplayer1 Seahawks 13-6

:lol :lol :lol

I've said it before, HG is one of the better defensive players in our league. Should use a team like.... THE BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maverick

The Bills secondary did a number on Ben.....I swear if you wanna beat me just play man to man....Ben can't throw a deep ball for shit.

they haven't updated, nor will they ever update. i will have to give the wins to the appropriate players. please, contestenants, verify the following winners:

1. fifty
2. Ramirez
3. Slo

if any of that is incorrect let me know

p.s. rors, can you play tomorrow? i get off work around 3 pm pst, so let me know when you can play.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
they haven't updated, nor will they ever update. i will have to give the wins to the appropriate players. please, contestenants, verify the following winners:

1. fifty
2. Ramirez
3. Slo

if any of that is incorrect let me know

p.s. rors, can you play tomorrow? i get off work around 3 pm pst, so let me know when you can play.
Real sorry, but I'll be going to the DMV early in the AM and then to class from there. Dunno if I'll even get to class on time because the dmv is shit as you all should know. :\ And on top of that, I won't be back 'till like 10:30 PM. Maybe you can play at that time tomorrow (1030) or Friday at 3pm?

Slo

God damnit, Matrix and I both had HUGE games stats-wise. :( Anyway, fmt, hurry up and get that nasty tie off my record!

Top Bottom