• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 3 League Thread: The Imperial March (to the superbowl!)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Gunstar, I can play pretty much all day today and tomorrow. I'm likely going out both of these nights, though. Let me know when you are available.

Slo

hqplayer1, when can you play? I can play any night after 10 central. Does this work for you? If not, we can discuss other options.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Man I am sick of these garbage players online. I've lost my last two games because of the fucking corner routes, punt block glitch, and with those guys pulling their D-linemen off the line and out to the side, further out than what the AI can block. I can at the very least stop the corner most of the time when it's obvious it is coming but what irks me is that they can complete it on third or fourth down argh. :|

Ramirez

Quite possibly the stupidest game of Madden I've ever played :lol

Corey f'n Bradford torched double coverage twice,whatever.Matrix was 1 for 10 on 3rd downs but he scored 31 points,again whatever.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dude turnovers killed you period,I only had two throwings tds.

Palmer stinks :p and thats not your fault,any time I put pressure on him that game it looked like his throws would just be off and fall into my hands,I dont usually have 4 ints with the Texans :lol

I also decided to run for a change against you,cause when I throw you usually always pick me off and I really didnt want to have that kinda of game from my side like usual.

Im going to say congrats to me for finally beating you in a football game,Im now 1-150.

Ramirez

I passed way to much and they came from my anger of Corey Bradford doing what he did,ridiculous.I have Chad Johnson and he never gets open like that,its fuckin stupid.But whatever.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I think your players bit on that play action fake td pass to bradford and the other one he had,I used playmaker to direct him and you know how dumb the cpu gets when you use playmaker :p

Ramirez

Yea,which is funny,you had ran it like 3 times and yet they bite,this game is stupid in that regard.I run all the time yet the other team never bites.

Mrbob

:lol

Don't worry your time is coming. Two more beat downs for you. I'm running the table and winning the division! Or going 1-15. :(

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
*slow, sitting down clap that eventually progresses into loud fast standing ovation for bob*

you truly are the king... of kings

:lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
wow, what a tense game that was True. And yes, I can't kick worth shit. 1 for 4.

Both of your TD's came off of Turnovers. Didn't help that Hasselbeck was injured for the game in the 3rd either :/

I missed 3 FG's, including at the end of regulation, 6 seconds left (after driving 40 yards in 30 seconds). From the 5 yard line...

I won in OT ON a FG....the only one I made. I hate kicking.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lonestar said:
wow, what a tense game that was True. And yes, I can't kick worth shit. 1 for 4.

Both of your TD's came off of Turnovers. Didn't help that Hasselbeck was injured for the game in the 3rd either :/

I missed 3 FG's, including at the end of regulation, 6 seconds left (after driving 40 yards in 30 seconds). From the 5 yard line...

I won in OT ON a FG....the only one I made. I hate kicking.

It's sad that you needed overtime to beat me. :lol You really need to work on that kicking game.
Note: I went to the bathroom when you were kicking to win with 6 seconds left. Dropped my load and then come back and I have the ball. That was a surprise.

That was the weakest freakin fumble I've ever had. I can't believe that happened. I don't know if I would have won (being that I have no offense lately) but I deserved a chance. Freakin stupid vasoline ball.

Fifty

Ramirez and I are getting too good for you guys, we had to lose.

Seriously though, I played like shit, and deserved to lose. I gave up after my second near-INT. I was holding R to face the QB, and I was right in front of the WR...he throws to that WR, but it's a teeny bit left/right and I don't move/press Y too early....I played like shit. I missed a crucial hit on third down because I hit sticked ASAP, just ridiculous. Maybe I should do what CK does and let the AI make most tackles.

Fifty

That wasn't a jab at him....It's just a tactic he uses. I try to make the hit manually on special teams, and hit stick far too often on openfield plays, and it's been burning me bad. I'm not sure if he changes off the DE midplay during regular plays, so I can only really talk about special teams plays as a matter of fact. Anyway, believe it or not, that was a sincere statement. :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I usually leave my AI do open field tackles. I'd normally mess up and "dive too early." And I think I've put up some decent defensive numbers.

Matrix

Maybe I should do what CK does and let the AI make most tackles

OH NOES! WARS IS COMINGS!

Fifty

You guys just want me to fight with my good friend CK, don't you? :lol :lol

It's blood they want!

I think I've seen HG do the same......let the AI make a tackle on special teams. If I'm going down, he's going with me!!

Matrix

Fifty said:
You guys just want me to fight with my good friend CK, don't you? :lol :lol

It's blood they want!

I think I've seen HG do the same......let the AI make a tackle on special teams. If I'm going down, he's going with me!!

wkash06.jpeg

Mrbob

Ok strange question.

I got this dodge medal from an ea admin for winning a game earlier. WHAT IS IT WHY DO I HAVE IT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

hgplayer1

Slo said:
hqplayer1, when can you play? I can play any night after 10 central. Does this work for you? If not, we can discuss other options.

I should be able to play Friday night at 10.

Fifty said:
You guys just want me to fight with my good friend CK, don't you?

It's blood they want!

truth is, ive let the AI make tackles on normal plays. GASP!!!

only when the game has been out of reach though and I was just going through the motions trying to get the game over with.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Wellington said:
Gunstar, I can play pretty much all day today and tomorrow. I'm likely going out both of these nights, though. Let me know when you are available.

Well Friday nights are bad for me so, if you can play tomorrow around 11:00 AM EST that would work, otherwise I am can play anytime on Saturday or Sunday, just post a time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FIFTY YOU DIRTY SON OF A...

Er... yeah I do just run around the blocks on punts and kickoffs and let the AI make the tackles. Ever since I was burned badly by a season 2 missed tackle against DM, I let the AI do most of my openfield tackles. I never switch off the DE on running plays. I will switch to the nearest guy if I have safety help up top to help if I do miss the tackle on a pass.

I don't think it's that big a deal really. Heck, I know a lot of you have been burned by me personally in the open field when you try to make tackles. Since I now have a high rated D, I just avoid that can of worms altogether.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Ok strange question.

I got this dodge medal from an ea admin for winning a game earlier. WHAT IS IT WHY DO I HAVE IT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Someone loves you.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I want to issue an apology to Gunstar for my offense playing so horribly. Anytime you want to go at it exhibition style, I am down.

Fifty

*Premium Pass, Presented by Dodge chip kicks in*

he has been chosen.........by DODGE!

Errrrrrrpppppppppppp.beeeeeepppppp

Lord Dodge has selected Bob to serve him. He is 1-0 under Lord Dodge's rule. His power is strong. Buy a Dodge today!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
I want to issue an apology to Gunstar for my offense playing so horribly. Anytime you want to go at it exhibition style, I am down.
I want to issue a similar apology to FMT. :lol

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Wellington said:

The sad part is that I did take advantage of the your offense's poor play. I just played a low risk game and ended up losing. Granted the Jags WR have some of the worst hands in the entire world!

Slo

God Mother Shit Bitch. Wellie wins again. This is going to make for a very tight division race provided the ViQueens don't have one of their patented 0-6 finishes.

Edit: Hgplayer1, tonight will work out fine. Good luck to you.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo said:
God Mother Shit Bitch. Wellie wins again. This is going to make for a very tight division race provided the ViQueens don't have one of their patented 0-6 finishes.

Edit: Hgplayer1, tonight will work out fine. Good luck to you.

As I said on IRC the other day, it's not like I'm a bad player... and now I have a team that's actually.... good... *shrugs*

Only problem from last night was that Bledsoe was tossing the ball, placing it perfectly, but because there was snow the receivers were dropping a shitton of passes. Went from a QB rating of 114.9 to 101.8. :| Oh well I am sticking to my vow to throw less than ten ints this season! The Peyton Manning of GAF!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
As I said on IRC the other day, it's not like I'm a bad player... and now I have a team that's actually.... good... *shrugs*
Slo said:
:lol I never said you were a bad player, didn't even mean to imply it.

I really didn't see that implication, either. I thought Wellie had just misquoted. I scrolled up and couldn't find a post that matched his response.

Just proves how much the Giants own.
:lol :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I really didn't see that implication, either. I thought Wellie had just misquoted. I scrolled up and couldn't find a post that matched his response.

:lol :lol

My response stems from an IRC convo on Wednesday. Do you guys need quotes?

Slo

Don't take things so personally buddy, I'm just giving you shit. :) Go ahead and post your IRC logs, I was just giving you shit then too.

Something just tells me that it's grating on you to be challenged for the division and I'm enjoying it while I can. :D My schedule is going to be very tough in the second half of the season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo said:
Something just tells me that it's grating on you to be challenged for the division and I'm enjoying it while I can. :D My schedule is going to be very tough in the second half of the season.

I'm not the one that for the passed two (in-game) weeks has gotten upset that I've won. I was 5-9-2 and 8-8 with a team I am more familiar with, and have played better with. I'm surprised I've only lost one game the way the season has been going.

Slo

I'm not really upset that you won, but it is fun to have a division rivalry. Don't you feel kinda good when the Redskins, the Eagles or the Cowboys lose a game in real life? Doesn't it benefit the Giants? That's all I'm getting at.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:lol! Even though I lost, MrBob learned the power of JP LOSMAN. Whoever has to face this mighty TITAN of a QB better RESPECT. Single handedly led the Bills to a comeback!

Top Bottom