• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 3 League Thread: The Imperial March (to the superbowl!)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ramirez said:
I'm pretty sure everyone in the league has used the same running play a few times Dskillz,that is simply because most of the running plays don't work no matter what.

I have 5-6 running plays out of the I Form,about 3 on the 2 wide same side I Form,2 draws out of the shotgun, and about 4 running plays out of the Strong I and I run all of them every game,what more do you want me to do?But both of your TDs were of the slant dude,deny it if you want,you ran that straight route a bunch of times too,but the slant is where both of your TDs came from.I didn't blitz hardly at all,you just would hold on to the ball for like 5-6 seconds when you did get sacked,not to mention you scrambled outside with fuckin Delhomme about 5-6 times,of course your gonna get pressure if you take his slow ass out of the pocket.

All I'll say is that I didn't win by that large of a margin to come on here and make shit up.And everyone whose quitting the season is doing so because they are losing,I said the exact same shit in that first season when I started getting stomped,it's only natural.

Please drop it. There are things going on with me you have no idea about. I am tired of arguing about a fucking game. It is not even worth it when I am dealing with life and death situations. A fucking game isn't shit to me right now.

I never brought the game up on the board, you did. You won the game, congrats. If you want me to admit to using a slant play, fine if that will stop the arguing I will. If you want me to say that I made up you using CB pick plays, then I will. Just drop the shit already.

So everyone I am a cheeseball player that uses slant plays all game for my TDs, then I make up stuff about my opponent. So all my future opponents get ready.

Ramirez

LoL,look dude,I'm sorry for whatever is going on,and no you didn't say anything on here,but you were telling DM that I was doing stuff on AIM or something,so don't act totally innocent.

You can ask Matrix,I didn't wanna argue anything either,I hate arguing over the game,I actually edited my first post where I said something,I should have left it at that.

it definitely is the QB. when i played with pennington last year i had so many deep bombs completed in stride to Moss (santana), and mccaerins and even old man chrebet! but with the niners i have to pretty much play dink and dunk. i try to go deep, but rattay and my receivers just can't make it happen.

i like the fact that ratings actually mean something (unlike espn, where my 90 rated CB can get burned at will by a 71 rated 3rd stringer). the reason we had a draft is so the players who finished badly last season could get a power team. why didn't you pick a power team if you can't win w/ the skins? either way, if you want help just ask

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol

I was able to do it with Boller last season,deep passes, how good is he rated in arm strength or whatever?

actually i thought i saw his ratings once and his THP (throwing power) was rated pretty good. maybe EA saw the video of him throwing a ball from his knees at midfield through the uprights. ALL STAR ALL STAR!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
actually i thought i saw his ratings once and his THP (throwing power) was rated pretty good. maybe EA saw the video of him throwing a ball from his knees at midfield through the uprights. ALL STAR ALL STAR!

:lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
it definitely is the QB. when i played with pennington last year i had so many deep bombs completed in stride to Moss (santana), and mccaerins and even old man chrebet! but with the niners i have to pretty much play dink and dunk. i try to go deep, but rattay and my receivers just can't make it happen.

i like the fact that ratings actually mean something (unlike espn, where my 90 rated CB can get burned at will by a 71 rated 3rd stringer). the reason we had a draft is so the players who finished badly last season could get a power team. why didn't you pick a power team if you can't win w/ the skins? either way, if you want help just ask

It is certainly the QB. Going from Kurt Warner to Eli was a pain, the upgrade to Bledsoe was incredible. But of course, Eli could throw on the run, while Drew can't... Drew can't even run for that matter. :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
GG Mav, sorry I handed the victory on the arms of my own QB! WHY HASSELBACK WHHHHHY!?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Malley, I'm still not home tonight. I got stuck out of town due to weather. I am heading home tomorrow morning though and should be able to play late afternoon. I hope that will still work for you. Let me know.

note: I'm mountain time.

gamerush tournament is over, i lost one step away from the championship :( here are some details:

* there were about 30-40 contestants
* quarters were 2 mins long -_-
* games were played on Pro difficulty by most people, but i bumped it up to all pro when i played
* 3 teams were basically used: Patriots, Eagles, Falcons
* I used the 49ers and stomped all of my opponents except the last one (steelers)
* I lost 6-0 on a 108 yard INT return for a TD to the steelers. he had 1 first down and a total of 14 offensive yards, but somehow i still lost. i should have fucking played mooch ball inside the redzone and taken the fg, but like an idiot i didn't....

oh well, it was a good tourney, lots of cheesers (the steelers guy i played did the bullshit fake safety blitz play every time), but overall very good.

p.s. holy SHIT madden looks like ass on PS2. there is slowdown after every play, the game is very herky-jerky, and the controller feels like shit. i don't know how anyone can play this on ps2 and be happy (unless you haven't played the xbox version). ick

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Malleymal said:
Truelize let me know when u are ready, I will be floating around today...

GG's D

Hey man I just got in and I'm available whenever.

AIM = Truelize. Send me a message when you can play.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Dang that might have been my worst freakin game ever. Maybe the 6 hour drive had me too tired to react or something. That was just brutal.

either that or you were using a gameshark or something. How did you break so many tackles? That was quite irritating.

Slo

QB numbers after week 4

Code:
Player	Rating	Attempts	Comps.	%	Yards	TD	INT
sloforce   128.94	72	43	58.3	868	10	2
matrix	   105.7	102	47	46	1186	10	4
Wellie	   104.2	77	46	59.7	527	8	2
malleymal   98.1	126	61	48.4	1164	9	2
FMT	    81.3	102	58	56.9	680	5	3
MilitantBlack	76.1	99	50	50.5	559	5	2
lonestar	73.3	97	56	57.7	719	7	5
hqplayer1	73.3	84	41	48.8	615	5	4
ror	      66	71	37	52.1	370	1	1
DaAnswer	65	118	57	48.3	801	8	8
cheguevara	65.9	82	37	45.1	795	4	6
dskillztown	64.7	120	56	46.7	763	4	4
truelize	54.5	94	41	43.6	502	2	3
mrbob	    50.8	169	81	47.9	936	4	9
Gunstar	      48	151	60	37.1	725	4	5
dmczaf	    45.6	47	22	46.8	291	2	4
Djdemon	    39.2	104	41	39.4	695	5	13
bog	    31.3	73	16	22.9	334	3	5

Fifty

hgplayer1 said:

Are you saying that it's impressive I have so many yards in so few completions? :D

Oh, and Bog, please check your PMs. I sent you a message about playing our game on monday.

Matrix

Fifty said:
Are you saying that it's impressive I have so many yards in so few completions? :D

Oh, and Bog, please check your PMs. I sent you a message about playing our game on monday.

Boller is a star in this game,I'm not impressed :p

hgplayer1

Fifty said:

Im impressed by the almost 10 TD per completion average.

Rorschach

Malleymal said:
4 pm pst?
yeah, it advances after 4pm. I originally posted that I wanted to get it out of the way before I left the house if possible, but it doesn't advance 'till 4pm pst and I'll be gone by then.

Matrix

Slo,let me know when you want to kick my ass...you name the time.

Matrix

Yea thats cool.

Rorschach

Back home early because Philly fans have such poor sportsmanship. If you want to get our game, just post here, Malleymal.

BALLS!!! i lose to DM again on a fucking defensive TD. look @ the stats to see some details, but it came down to this:

3rd and 3 from inside DM's 20, i have a 3 point lead in the 4th quarter. I drop back to pass, and i SWEAR i was in the throwing motion, get hit, fumble, dm's guy picks it up with my lineman right there he doesn't make the tackle! dm returns it 80 yards for the TD and it was basically game over. i got close at the end, but was stopped on 4th and 2 when i ran it right @ dm (like an idiot).

anyways, no big deal, i didn't want to run away with the division title anyways! :D

we got a dog fight on our hands now boys.

p.s. i quit this fucking sham of a league! bullshit!

Matrix

Damn fmt :( Now I have to find some way to beat Slo tomorrow,I cant afford to fall behind in my division...I had you for a lock this week :(

Matrix

Slo said:
I can't name a single member of the Texans secondary. Not a single one.

:lol Are you serious?

Top Bottom