• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 3 League Thread: The Imperial March (to the superbowl!)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo said:
Yeah, I'm not going to deny that. The Vikes D Line are all 80+ and seem to play above their ratings, enough so that it makes up for their horrible linebackers. I can't really do much about it, unless I try to manually sabotage them. :-\ We also have two 90+ players in the secondary, and they can effectively shut down a AAA receiver if I dedicate them both. I'm definetly not complaining. :)

But, as people who played against my pitiful offense in season 1 know, it's easy to play good D when the offense becomes one dimensional and predictable. If I get up by 14 points in the first half my opponents almost always abandon the run, so I've got no reason to respect the run on D. And I don't. Sometimes on 1st and 10, I'll line up in the Dime against 2-1-2 and spread my linemen. It's pretty damn hard to pass in that situation, and if you're stubborn enough to try, you'll usually be picked off or sacked.

Your linebackers are also rated 80+. :lol

Whatever, there are better defenses in the game, it's just shocking to come across that from the Vikings who you can't really do anything against on defense. It's like playing the Patriots. I have a feeling our two remaining games will determine the division.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
K guys, I'm gone until Friday night. Out of town on a business trip.
Slo I play you next. If the deadline is Friday night then I'll do my best to be available but the NBA Rookie game is that night so I don't want to miss that. I'm hoping the deadline isn't until Saturday or Sunday so we can get this game in.
I will check the forum from my hotel to see what time you can play. Let me know so I can make sure I have time to play you.

And Slo.... Be nice. I haven't scored an touchdown in the last 5 quarters of play. I am weak against the pass [as Wellie told me everyone on IRC was telling him :( ] and I'm using a brand new playbook and I have no clue what plays work. So don't do anything that will make me feel bad about myself. :lol.
I cannot believe that I have not broken a controller yet while playing Madden. This game has the ability to make me scream sometimes......... I love that. :D

Lates

Slo

Don't sell yourself short man. And definetly don't be intimidated by little ol' me. :lol I've gotten a lot of lucky breaks this season that give me an early lead, and allow me to play recklessly agressive on defense. When my luck runs out, it'll be a different story. Honestly, I'm terrified about Vick. I'm going to have to dedicate a defender to spy him, which is going to complicate pass coverage and double teams a lot. I'm doing the math in my head right now and it's making me nervous already.

If I'm fortunate enough to get a big lead, don't worry. I hate it when people run up the score on me, and I'll try not to do it to anyone else. Do the same for me, please.

I think the round ends Sunday afternoon. It sounds like te best time for us to play would be Saturday night. Would 10PM Central work for you?

Mrbob

It is too bad we don't play Slo. I would tear your putrid Vikings defense apart! :D

But my defensive players suck which means they would get burned by the vikings offense all game. It would be a 65-62 shootout!

Mrbob

As of now, I'm heading out this weekend. I need some warm up matches before my impending battle with FMT. Can you play tonight?

Slo

Probably not, I neglected my wife last night prepping for Gunstar. I had better attend to her tonight, or else she'll get the whip out.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Mrbob, I can play at 7:45 Central tonight. My appointment is kind of up in the air so I will just be late if it happens.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just played three exhibition games with MalleyMal and he beat me two of three. :| I just couldn't come through in the clutch both times. First game I won 20-3, second game I came back from down 21-7 to take the lead 27-21... I KNEW I should have gone for 2, but I didn't. He scores a TD and ends up winning 28-27. The last game was a defensive battle. Chiefs dominating D :)lol) beat the hell out of me and I lost in OT 6-3. I am out for revenge tomorrow. All three good, clean games.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
GG Hg, sorry about the wait, Shadax offered a scrimmage early, and after our last meeting (a 44-0 whooping of me) I owed him payback....too bad I played like Poop, but luck or alcohol was in my favor in the end, giving me the OT victory.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Wellington said:
Just played three exhibition games with MalleyMal and he beat me two of three. :| I just couldn't come through in the clutch both times. First game I won 20-3, second game I came back from down 21-7 to take the lead 27-21... I KNEW I should have gone for 2, but I didn't. He scores a TD and ends up winning 28-27. The last game was a defensive battle. Chiefs dominating D :)lol) beat the hell out of me and I lost in OT 6-3. I am out for revenge tomorrow. All three good, clean games.

LMAO... those were some real good games, like always... with that last game being Ridiculously ridiculous Defense... Gunther was in rare form, LOL

anyone want a quick game...

Shadax

Banned
Bog, I'm free all night, let's try to get our game in tonight, I'll be busy most of the weekend.

AIM: Atreides815

Ramirez

I don't know why my controller disconnected. It was still connected, but it said it was disconnected. Then I get a message saying I've been booted from the game for too many controller disconnects. That was the first time, lol.

hgplayer1

Ramirez said:
I don't know why my controller disconnected. It was still connected, but it said it was disconnected. Then I get a message saying I've been booted from the game for too many controller disconnects. That was the first time, lol.

:lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dm,when you want to beat me?

Ramirez

Reverse mine and HG's game FMT :p

-After further inspection the part of my cord that connects to the main controller is fuckin like gutted out and the wires are showing :lol I guess its just wore out :( I love my fat controller :( Now Ill have to use a Controller Type S(hit) :|

Fifty

I used a S for the first time seriously a few games ago after my big controller wore out. I'm in the same boat Ramirez ;D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Ramirez said:
Reverse mine and HG's game FMT :p

-After further inspection the part of my cord that connects to the main controller is fuckin like gutted out and the wires are showing :lol I guess its just wore out :( I love my fat controller :( Now Ill have to use a Controller Type S(hit) :|

I have two fatties I dont use, if u want to swap , let me know

Lonestar

My S controller dies at random times, so I no longer use it. All Madden games have been played with Fatty.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG DM,sadly the Bucs overrated D was f-ing on...asburd that my lone td came with f-ing Banks after that pansy Carr was knocked out for the 2nd time.

Love holding you to 5 fg's and a lone lucky fumble td cause Carr had amnesia and still cant win cause my O couldnt break free of the bumps and amazing Bucs D..cant wait for Madden 2006 when your team falls and the Texans rise in the rankings :p

Im basically falling out of the friggin playoff race now,I swear the Bucs D is better than the Ravens.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
Love holding you to 5 fg's and a lone lucky fumble td cause Carr had amnesia and still cant win cause my O couldnt break free of the bumps and amazing Bucs D..cant wait for Madden 2006 when your team falls and the Texans rise in the rankings :p

:lol :lol

Matrix

He blitzed me 20 times....20 TIMES... I feel violated.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
EA seriously needs to tone down the ability to bump on every play next year. At the very least the defenders should fatigue each time. And cmon, it's like five second bumps too. That's called holding in the NFL. :lol

Don't worry Matrix, I will avenge you. Remember that one of my keys to beating DM that I pmed you a while ago was two or more WRs that can beat the bump on your team... I got that. ;) I will pass for 800 yards to make up for the yardage you lost in this game, friend!

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
welcome to the wonderful world of playing DM :D

Thankfully I only have to enter that world one more time this season,I demand if we have a season 4 to be put in with the worst players/teams so I can feel good about myself :p

"Don't worry Matrix, I will avenge you. Remember that one of my keys to beating DM that I pmed you a while ago was two or more WRs that can beat the bump on your team... I got that. ;) I will pass for 800 yards to make up for the yardage you lost in this game, friend!"

I didnt have one who could beat the bump this game,Johnson couldnt even do it :( Yet the last time I played DM I scored over 30...It was the insane amount of blitzes that threw Carr off and my O-line is utter garbage when it comes to protecting him sometimes.

GUYS THE TIPS TO BEATING ME ARE...BLITZ AND PRESSURE ME ALL GAME,BUMP MY PLAYERS WHEN YOU BLITZ OF COURSE AND SIT BACK AND WATCH AN EASY VICTORY FALL IN YOUR LAP.

Matrix

Lonestar said:
Matrix...you blitzed me 24 times. 24

Yea but im using the shitty Texans...I have to blitz like crazy against better teams :p

I have no idea why the Bucs are so f-ing good in this game.....I should have blitzed DM 50 times but his teams O stinks so I saw no point,I lost cause I couldnt score on that insane D.

Lonestar

heh, too bad I don't blitz much. I would have done so against you if I thought about it.

Updated stats through the end of last week, plus some extra stat categories, like run/pass breakdown and TOP per game.

Madden Stats

Thinking, I know some people don't have excel, so is there anyway to put this up, perhaps on just a webpage?

Edit Fixed

Matrix

I truly only blitzed you 24 times in honor of Jack Bauer :p

Mrbob

It was....it was....

THE BEST GAME OF MY LIFE!!!

CHARGERS 27
NINERS 19

The king is dead! Long live the new king!!!

FMT can share the details with you. But rest assured that when the game was on the line, I made a manual INT to seal the deal! I told you dude you can't hold a lead on me in the 4th!

bob overcomes his demons with likely the luckiest game of his lifetime! here are some key points:

* First 4 plays of the game combined between our teams: 160 yards, 2 touchdowns

* Bob had 4 INT's. one of them came early in the second. it was 2nd and goal for me, i have brandon lloyd coming across the middle with no one on him... or so i thought. i begin to throw the pass, and one of his LB's bumps lloyd while the pass is in the air. int

* Down by 5 and running a kick back, my returner fumbles bob recovers and gets a fg to stretch the lead to 8

* i drive all the way inside bobs 20 but throw a pic. this time it was a legit user pick :(

gg bob, you were the better team THIS time, but if you have to depend on a +5 turnover ratio to beat me you shant taste victory again when you come to san fran! :D

p.s. me and bob played a great game, and guess what? neither one of us ran the slot post corner, or any other "frowned" upon plays. it can be done my friends, it CAN be done

Top Bottom