• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 3 League Thread: The Imperial March (to the superbowl!)

Rorschach

Slo said:
I *probably* won't be able to play today. Family obligations. But any of the other nights should work. Is 10 Central a bad time for you?
Well, I won't be home 'till 10:30 PST, so it is :\

Slo

:-\

Well what time work for you? I'll try to be flexible, staying up late will be easier than getting a game in early. Between 7:00 AM Central and 8 PM Central there is really no way I can play at all due to work and commuting. Between 8-10 is tough but doable in a pinch. After 10 Central is usually best.

How about you suggest a time and I'll try to make it work.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
The only thing that bothered me was that one play you called a couple of times in the game where your TE would post over the middle and my LB (Fuck you Posey! Rated 89 but you are still the weak link in my LB corps!) didn't react 2-3 times. I adjusted by going into a flipped 4-3 cover 1 (flipped because I'd rather have Milloy in zone and Vincent in man) but you adjusted a lobbed it perfectly over the outstretched hands of London Fletcher. Man that was fucked up.

Well...part of the realy was Milloy was breaking up alot of my passes to Steve Smith. I figured by getting the TE involved, you would double cover the TE with the Milloy, leaving Smith with 1 on 1 coverage. I had no idea how my scrub TE was catching those passes as usually he is butterfingers. But still the threat of a pass should have broke up the coverage on Smith. Now that lob was a total mistake as I was trying to stop myself from throwing the pass and it ended up being the perfect lob.

Bog

Junior Ace
Ramirez said:
I thought you guys knew by now that Bog is a class act ;)

Uh yeah, Bog also moved from NY to Philadelphia this week. I don't think I've had a free hour in the past week or so. I'm around all day, though I'm not sure why I should bother. I see I had a disconnect win from 5 weeks ago taken away. Cute.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Truelize said:
Hey Matrix, let me know when you wanna play.

I can play later tonight starting at 10 pm eastern time or just name a time when you think you can play..

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
Nice avatar Wellie :lol :lol

The return of Jgar!

The game with FMT can be summarized as:

hasselbeck.gif

Tiburon had better nerf the bump on every play, or I will firebomb their offices.

Well, in any case, now I know to train for it. The Giants pwn the bump which is why it threw me off as the Billz. Proof yet again that the Giants are in fact better than 99% of the league.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
whoa Ck has no O that game :( I dont feel as bad about my -13 yards rushing against fmt now :p

I really never had problems with Fmt bumping me,now against dm the bump and blitzing fucking shut me down...I swear sometimes the bumps dont do shit *I think I threw for like 400 yards on fmt* and other times you cant throw at all * I think I threw for only 100 on DM and a lucky ass td with Banks..fucking Banks*

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
whoa Ck has no O that game :( I dont feel as bad about my -13 yards rushing against fmt now :p

I really never had problems with Fmt bumping me,now against dm the bump and blitzing fucking shut me down...I swear sometimes the bumps dont do shit *I think I threw for like 400 yards on fmt* and other times you cant throw at all * I think I threw for only 100 on DM and a lucky ass td with Banks..fucking Banks*

Well I just found it hilarious that when he bumps with his 79 and 71 overall rated DBs on my 2nd and 3rd receivers who are actually above average, he got a pretty good long hold. Then when I try it with my roxxor secondary, his below average receivers fly off of it.

And of course, Bledsoe decides to not only not hand off the ball, but then run backwards stuck in the hand off animation. And the three fumbles. EA decided that I wasn't having enough turnovers this season so now I have had 5 fumbles and 3 ints that weren't my fault in two games. Thanks guys.

Matrix

Wellington said:
Well I just found it hilarious that when he bumps with his 79 and 71 overall rated DBs on my 2nd and 3rd receivers who are actually above average, he got a pretty good long hold. Then when I try it with my roxxor secondary, his below average receivers fly off of it.

And of course, Bledsoe decides to not only not hand off the ball, but then run backwards stuck in the hand off animation. And the three fumbles. EA decided that I wasn't having enough turnovers this season so now I have had 5 fumbles and 3 ints that weren't my fault in two games. Thanks guys.

Yea that QB stuck with the football in his hand animation must be fixed,I have never fumbled when that happens,but damn if I havent been sacked bigtime.

I find it hilarious that they never call shit in this game :( Some of the bumps are just downright holding that last for like 50 years :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
I can play later tonight starting at 10 pm eastern time or just name a time when you think you can play..

Tomorrow night anytime after 8est (I think). (I might be home a little later than 8 est. But I'll make sure I can play anytime throughout the night.

Matrix

Truelize said:
Tomorrow night anytime after 8est (I think). (I might be home a little later than 8 est. But I'll make sure I can play anytime throughout the night.

I have a Rockets game to watch at 8 pm eastern time tomorrow..can you play after? Game would most likely be over at 10:30 pm eastern time.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Maverick, I kept trying to AIM you yesterday about a 6 times but no response. I just tried to AIM you again but again no response. I am going to get something to eat right now and I should be back in a 1 hour and 30 minutes if you want to play then.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CK, that Hasselback avatar was taken from my game vs. Gunstar. It was halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
I have a Rockets game to watch at 8 pm eastern time tomorrow..can you play after? Game would most likely be over at 10:30 pm eastern time.

Yeah that should work. Hit me on AIM after the game. I'll do my best to be around.

Slo

Damnit! EA's stats pages are down, now I can't gameplan for Ror tonight. :-\

In light of this, I demand that we exchange gameplans. It's only fair.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hg, I'll be ready to go today, but I'll be messing with GT4 for awhile. My ps2's in another room, so I won't have aim on, but you can reply in here or pm.

hgplayer1

Lonestar said:
hg, I'll be ready to go today, but I'll be messing with GT4 for awhile. My ps2's in another room, so I won't have aim on, but you can reply in here or pm.

*sigh* ok I guess I can play tonight :lol

did you just pick up the US version of GT4? I just checked with my Gamestop and they are telling me it will either be later tonight just before they close or tomorrow for sure.

let me make some comments about my game w/ ck:

* CK couldn't stop the run and i could
* I only had 8 completions, and barlow had 4 of them, beasley had 1 and eric johnson had 1. that is 6/8 completions being dump offs to RB/FB/TE.
* CK's insistence on the run game hurt him. I was stacking the line and blitzing, leaving holes in the passing game, but he wouldn't
* CK never threw deep on me and i saw no less than 5 times where he had moulds with extremely favorable positioning down the field
* If you are going to play as a defensive end or defensive tackle on defense, your run defense isn't going to be as good as those of us who play as LB/Safety. that is just the reality of the situation. so you can either be very good against the pass and get good QB pressure w/o blitzing (d-line play), or you can have success against the run (LB play). the choice is yours :D

i feel it was a good game, but i can see how ck would be frustrated. to be honest the difference between our passing performances wasn't all that different. i only completed 8/12 passes, i didn't go deep all game, when i did throw i had constant pressure and i had no one opened after getting bumped. the difference is that i ran the ball and ck didnt.

hate to say it, but there is nothing cheesy about the bump game considering it can be quite easily beaten (as proven by matrix who has inferior WR's, bob who has NO WR's, etc). i wont tell you how to beat it, but rest assured it can and has been beaten :D

clash of the titans next week.... 49ers vs. chiefs! peterson will cover gonzo like a warm winter blanket. a warm winter blanket of oblivion!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
clash of the titans next week.... 49ers vs. chiefs! peterson will cover gonzo like a warm winter blanket. a warm winter blanket of oblivion!

Oh I think TG is going to be the least of your worries!!!!!

Fear THE RED, THE WHITE, and THE YELLOW TRIM
10110776.jpg

The boys are too damn HOT!!!!
kc_chiefs_hs.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
let me make some comments about my game w/ ck:
* If you are going to play as a defensive end or defensive tackle on defense, your run defense isn't going to be as good as those of us who play as LB/Safety. that is just the reality of the situation. so you can either be very good against the pass and get good QB pressure w/o blitzing (d-line play), or you can have success against the run (LB play). the choice is yours :D

Er... what?

:lol

...:lol

.... :lol :lol :lol

Everytime we play you get on me for playing DE. I don't even have to mention the Bills because the LE I control is probably the weakest link in that D. I can literally run away from the LOS and have success against the run, but... Before our game you had 1170 yards with 256 carries, 4.57 yards per carry. In our game you had 136 yards on 39 carries, 3.48 yards per carry. After our game your running stats are 1306 yards and 295 carries, 4.43 yards per carry. The point is, you know full well that running 39 times per game will lead to at least some success on the run. You were doing well early on, towards the middle of the game I was able to stop you pretty well, but at the end my players were too fatigued to do much of anything.

Let's take it back to last season though, as I controlled the only player with a crap on my defense on the Giants. I was the fourth best run D in the league, above the Cowboys, above the Ravens, above the Redskins with 65.1 yards allowed per game., including a game against Matrix in which I allowed 177 yards, and a game against you in which I allowed 123 yards (on 37 carries). This with a significantly inferior defense, one in which you clearly saw that I had a big part in.

In conclusion of this point, I don't think D-Line play and run D are mutually exclusive. I will agree that I should learn to play LB for a couple of reasons, but I think my defense is fine as it is for the most part. One lousy game shouldn't be indicative of my overall play. PS: I blitz to stop the run, not the pass, much like you seem to do.

Of course, I am up for a friendly exhibition rematch if you are. And yes, I can beat the bump, I just assumed my guys would get off of it better than they did in that game.

http://s93075472.onlinehome.us/Season2statbreakdown.xls <-- My overall numbers for Season 2 can be found there if you want to take a look.

not getting on you about d-line play, it makes no difference to me (0 sacks boyeeee :D ), but i think you would be better off as LB. just my personal opinion

im not saying your run D is bad, but there were a lot of instances in our game where i used the computer AI MLB on your D to my advantage, whereas a human player controlling that MLB could have made the play.

p.s. i didn't have to run 39 times to have success with the run, i ran 39 times BECAUSE i was having success with it. but you are right, sometimes its not the quality but the quantity when it comes to run game

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
who wants to get some practice in tonight... hitting the gym now and will be back in about an hour and a half... its 8-15 est now....

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Maverick, I have been AIM you since 10 PM EST like we agreed but you are not responding. We can try for the same time tomorrow, ok.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I played 5 pracitice games yesterday and then my league game with Matrix. Well I played really well in our league game. Well, except that it only took Matrix 8 throws to score 35 points. All I can say is "Great Googily Moogily!!".

I think we need to ban Matrix from throwing the ball over 15 yards at a time. That was just insanity.

Slo

Combined winning percentage of my opponents:
Weeks 1-10: .356
Weeks 11-16: .660

:-O

What's worse, 4 of those last 6 games are division games. :-\ Can you say "Vikings late season collapse?"

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
oh and dont forget the Shutout your opponent trick you used also... I have been waiting to repay you for that.....

jobber said:
Once I get used to the buttons I'll cream all of yous

no you wont buddy...

Slo

Sorry, you'll get no rematch, not even in the SuperBowl. I plan on backing my way into the playoffs and making an early round exit. We are, after all, playing a sim league.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Slo said:
Sorry, you'll get no rematch, not even in the SuperBowl. I plan on backing my way into the playoffs and making an early round exit. We are, after all, playing a sim league.
:lol

Matrix

Truelize said:
Well I played 5 pracitice games yesterday and then my league game with Matrix. Well I played really well in our league game. Well, except that it only took Matrix 8 throws to score 35 points. All I can say is "Great Googily Moogily!!".

I think we need to ban Matrix from throwing the ball over 15 yards at a time. That was just insanity.

:lol :(

Top Bottom