• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 3 League Thread: The Imperial March (to the superbowl!)

Rorschach

Bog said:
I work until 5:30-6 usually. I'm home now if you want to play.
Let's go :p
I'll be waiting in lobby

[edit] Nm, gotta go to class in an hour. Sent you a couple of invites, but no reply. Can't wait any longer.

Shadax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
let me tell you ladies a story.

*snip*

then something happens. they run a pitch right for 10 yards. next play, pitch left 10 yards. next play, up the middle for 20. over and over and over. THE SAME FUCKING FORMATION. THE SAME FUCKING PLAYS! time and again our defense would be raped. 3rd and 6? run for a first. 1st and 20? run for 15 yards.

*snip*

after the game the packers admitted they called THE SAME EXACT RUNNING PLAY no less than 20 times in the game. i said to myself this is FUCKING BULLSHIT and i wish they would stop running that god damn play. of course, if we had capitalized on earlier turnovers, the packers would have HAD to be in a pass mode because we would have been winning by a large margin. we didn't take care of business on the offensive end.

*snip*

my point is to say that SOME DAYS you get your ass kicked and you say "well jesus fucking christ today was not my day".

So....did you ban those plays then?

i told you homeboy, there are only 2 banned plays. and if you want to run those banned plays when you play me, feel free to do so as i will shut them down like the champ i am

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Does anyone know when the next round ends?? I see that this round doesn't end until Thursday (I think, if not someone tell me please). But I'm out of town from Wednesday morning until Friday night and will be able to play anytime on the weekend.

Malley please let me know when you can play so we can set something up if we need to fit our game in on Friday night.

Just gotta say that this is the best thread ever. :D

Fifty

Yeah, and when you play the champ, don't be afraid to let your "#1" reciever drop the game-winning pass.

Rorsie: Remember, we're playing Thursday at 10:30 your time. My schedule is not very flexible this week, so I trust that you're still on for our agreed upon time.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
we've got Inventory on Friday and Thursday, but I do believe I'll get home by 6-7 easy, still enough time to get in a game Mav.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Truelize said:
Malley please let me know when you can play so we can set something up if we need to fit our game in on Friday night.

Just gotta say that this is the best thread ever. :D

maybe we can go friday night early EST.. or sat during the day, i dont know my weekend schedule.....

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Saturday during the day would be perfect if the round is still open. I wont be home early Friday est. I'm mountian time out here and wont be back until 6 my time earliest and 12 latest.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
Yeah, and when you play the champ, don't be afraid to let your "#1" reciever drop the game-winning pass.

Rorsie: Remember, we're playing Thursday at 10:30 your time. My schedule is not very flexible this week, so I trust that you're still on for our agreed upon time.
Yup. I agreed on the time because that's when we were both available. I'm always true to my appointments and if there was a change of plans, I would inform you beforehand. ;b I'm just sorry it has to be so late for you.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
I don't see the problem here with corner routes or double move routes. The key to beating those 2 routes is very simple, BLITZ. Both of those routes take time to develope, by blitzing you will force your opponent to throw to his hot route or throw too early.

Another problem I see is some of you guys are trying to match you Defense according to your opponents Offense, example 4-3 D against a 2RB-1TE-2WR set or Dime D against a 4WR-1RB set. That is not the best thing to do on every down. I would do that on 1st down and 2nd down but on 3rd down you should judge the down and distance. So if you opponent is in 3rd and 9 and is in a 2RB-1TE-2WR set then I would recommend a Nickel or Dime package because you know they are throwing and by doing so you will have a CB on a RB in pass defense instead of a LB. Another 3rd down example, your opponent is in a 4WR-1RB set and it is 3rd and 2, I would recommend a 4-3 D with some kind of Cover 2 or Cover 3 zone that way your LB are in if it is a run but if your opponent passes you still have decent pass coverage.

Hopefully everybody will just calm down and have some fun.

Slo

Shadax said:
Yea, about next round, Slo, if possible I'd like to get this game in no later than Thursday night.

Thursday night is fine, would 10PM central work for you?

Shadax

Banned
Gunstar77 said:
I don't see the problem here with corner routes or double move routes. The key to beating those 2 routes is very simple, BLITZ. Both of those routes take time to develope, by blitzing you will force your opponent to throw to his hot route or throw too early.

Another problem I see is some of you guys are trying to match you Defense according to your opponents Offense, example 4-3 D against a 2RB-1TE-2WR set or Dime D against a 4WR-1RB set. That is not the best thing to do on every down. I would do that on 1st down and 2nd down but on 3rd down you should judge the down and distance. So if you opponent is in 3rd and 9 and is in a 2RB-1TE-2WR set then I would recommend a Nickel or Dime package because you know they are throwing and by doing so you will have a CB on a RB in pass defense instead of a LB. Another 3rd down example, your opponent is in a 4WR-1RB set and it is 3rd and 2, I would recommend a 4-3 D with some kind of Cover 2 or Cover 3 zone that way your LB are in if it is a run but if your opponent passes you still have decent pass coverage.

Hopefully everybody will just calm down and have some fun.

*applause*

P.S. I received communication from my very own Deepthroat (WhosSorryNow, who is rumored to be the alias for the league commissioner!), saying that that league plans to abolish all playcalling except for the HB Dive play. Scandalous! Cornergate!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shadax said:
P.S. I received communication from my very own Deepthroat (WhosSorryNow, who is rumored to be the alias for the league commissioner!), saying that that league plans to abolish all playcalling except for the HB Dive play. Scandalous! Cornergate!

Awesome, I love HB Dive!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
[20:39] <CK-GiantsXXXX> Moose we should play Madden someday
[20:39] <CK-GiantsXXXX> Giants vs. Bills
[20:41] <Moose-BillsXXXX> You'll crush me
[20:41] <Moose-BillsXXXX> you have Madden down to a Science
[20:41] <DMczaf> Religion > Science
[20:41] <DMczaf> and in the book of DMczaf, it says CK loses

:lol :lol :lol

:(

DMczaf

Wellington said:
[20:39] <CK-GiantsXXXX> Moose we should play Madden someday
[20:39] <CK-GiantsXXXX> Giants vs. Bills
[20:41] <Moose-BillsXXXX> You'll crush me
[20:41] <Moose-BillsXXXX> you have Madden down to a Science
[20:41] <DMczaf> Religion > Science
[20:41] <DMczaf> and in the book of DMczaf, it says CK loses

:lol :lol :lol

:(

Jesus died for my wins.

DE_3976.jpg

Edit: WTF, he's sacking Jesus! [Gob]COME ON!!!!![/Gob]

Bog

Junior Ace
Rors and I played our game, by the way. Well, most of it. He left the game in the 3rd quarter (probably got disconnected or something). And there's no way we're going to find time to replay it in the next 9 hours or whatever, so...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Who was winning? If it was a tie I'm sure fmt will just flip a coin or make you guess a number or something.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ror said in IRC he was up big, but he's the only one to say anything about any scoring.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i thought that the weeks advanced every sunday and weds?? I just got done looking at the website and all , and it is going to be tough trying to be come Conference 2 Name Champ... that conference 2 name is stacked...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:lol @ conference 2 name.... just call it the NFC.

Us folks here in the GAFC feel snubbed that one conference was stacked, effectively saying we are not good enough for them. As a GAFC representative, I just want to say... PREPARE FOR THE HITSTICK, BITCHES.

Us folks here in the GAFC feel snubbed that one conference was stacked, effectively saying we are not good enough for them. As a GAFC representative, I just want to say... PREPARE FOR THE HITSTICK, BITCHES.

eh, our conference has five above .500 teams, yours has 4.

our conference has 6 former playoff teams, yours has 4.

your conference has one winless team, ours has 2.

you are only insulting your AFC buddies ck :D

Rorschach

Bog said:
Rors and I played our game, by the way. Well, most of it. He left the game in the 3rd quarter (probably got disconnected or something). And there's no way we're going to find time to replay it in the next 9 hours or whatever, so...
The player that gets disconnected loses the game. Don't worry, it's counted; just not the stats. We could still play now, but I really doubt you're on.

Lonestar said:
Ror said in IRC he was up big, but he's the only one to say anything about any scoring.
I was, but whatever. I just wanted to get my stats recorded, but there's no way to do that now. Just keep it as it is.

Slo

Good. I'm eager to see how this strategy you've cooked up to beat my gameplan from last week matches up against my gameplan for you. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
eh, our conference has five above .500 teams, yours has 4.

our conference has 6 former playoff teams, yours has 4.

your conference has one winless team, ours has 2.

you are only insulting your AFC buddies ck :D

We will not fall for your tricks! United the GAFC stands!

HG: Still on for tonight at 11 PM EST? :D

Slo

Interconference games this week:

DMczaf vs Gunstar
Ram vs dskillzhtown
Malleymal vs Truelize

All eyes on you.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bog,can you play tonight?

the losing streak for bob continues. here are details of the game:

* I picked bob off early and got a TD out of it. 7-0
* Bob couldn't run, and didn't try much after the 1st quarter. his first 2 drives he had 4 runs with tomlinson. he had 6 rushes for the rest of the game with ladanlian.
* I don't think gates had 1 catch
* Keenan mccardell had 8 catches and seemed to have sticky fingers
* Kbar destroyed the chargers line
* I didn't have much to speak of offensive wise (kbar had 100 yards), but my D made is unnecessary anyways
* I picked bob off 3 times, including once where it hit my back and bounced up. LUCKY LUCKY!
* Final score was 17-14, but the game wasn't close. it was 17-0 at the end of the 3rd, then he got a playermaker deep bomb when no one was open for a TD, and on the last play of the game i decide to just throw it up, got sacked, fumbled, returned for a TD

gg bob, one day you will be able to compete with me

Mrbob

Yes. Another painful loss! I noticed Kbar doing all these little sweet cuts I couldn't do with LT. I didn't know you could just tap the R trigger to do small cuts! :lol Oh man. But now I know and knowing is half the battle!

Slo

So THAT's how you make small cuts. I've been trying to practice cutting and all I ever seem to do is the big, long, loping sidestep that you have to do a good 3 seconds before you are about to be tackled.

Matrix

0-4 ,Bob are you atleast going to win one game this season? And winning against me doesnt count :p

Mrbob

Matrix said:
0-4 ,Bob are you atleast going to win one game this season? And winning against me doesnt count :p

You better be more concerned if I lose again after learning this new cut move! :lol

LT COMING FOR J00S.

Matrix

I'll try this cut move out against Bog with Davis,Im sure it wont make a difference for me cause my back SUCKS ass.

Ramirez

It isn't like you can just do the cut move and magically everyone can't tackle you anymore,you still gotta know how to use it right :lol

Matrix

Sad thing is Bob will try it out once,get tackled and never try it again.

Top Bottom