• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I installed Diablo 2 and LOD and I'm good to go. I create a character on Open Battle.Net named McNeily. He's a druid. I forgot how awesome this game is. The skill trees are so great. I guess I'll be a Werewolf.

I made a barb. Ferny is a sorc. Phee hasnt picked yet. We can play whenever they finish their homerun derby

McNei1y

We need 4 people to go on to Battle.Net and purchase Diablo 2 and LOD. It's 20 bucks or something. Or if you already have it, I want you to join CB, Ferny, Phee, and I for some Diablo 2 action.

When you guys matchmake as a 5-stack, DOTA matchmaking tries to find you another 5-stack to match against.

Rather than search for a bunch of singletons who have similar wins/skill level to your group, it prioritizes a group of 5 and then probably searches several groups of 5 currently in the "searching for a game" phase of matchmaking and then tries to give you the closest match it can.

Thanks for the heads up.

I guess the pool for 5 stack random drafts is too limited so we end up playing really good people (asshole smurfs).

Random draft is so fun when teams are even tho :(

Sorry summer steam card traders! I was moving all day so I wasn't around to trade. I'll be around for another hour or so if you want to trade something. I need Skyrim and Tomb Raider, and I have duplicates of Dead Island and Reus.

Ferny

oVsw8lP.jpg

eznark

Banned
How did the Monaco co-op go? Any interest in trying it again tonight? Phee and Bob want to get that tennis match in?!

Or dota?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Just put together my first pc. Cpu is an i7 3770k 3.5 ghz.

My graphics card is an old radeon 6600 or somthing. What would be a better improvement, a new gpu or doubling the ram from 16 to 32?

eznark

Banned
You don't need anymore ram. 16 gb is way more than enough.

I'll give you my 570 for $75. They are going for like $100 on ebay but that seems like a hassle.

Somnia

My graphics card is an old radeon 6600 or somthing. What would be a better improvement, a new gpu or doubling the ram from 16 to 32?

Get a new graphics card for sure, I've got a 580 and am fine for awhile, but certain huge open world games like AC3 are starting to show my cards age.

TheCrow

You won't need 32 gigs of ram for a long time, unless you run a lot video processing software. Get a new graphics card and you'll be set.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
You don't need anymore ram. 16 gb is way more than enough.

I'll give you my 570 for $75. They are going for like $100 on ebay but that seems like a hassle.

Thanks for the offer. I might do that. Is there a current side that's considered better between radeon and nvidia?

Somnia

Thanks for the offer. I might do that. Is there a current side that's considered better between radeon and nvidia?

Nvidia has better driver updates, but honestly you can't go wrong between either. One thing to consider also is both next gen systems are both using AMD, there is a possibility that AMD might run games a bit better in the future. No guarantee of that, but it's possible.

Smokey

While I'm on the green team, the notion that nvidia has better drivers is somewhat outdated. 320.18 were frying cards for example. For most of the bigger releases nowadays they are about equal. Nvidia does have more image quality features though, and if you are ever wanting to add a second gpu nvidias sli support >crossfire.

McNei1y

Yeah I played a bit of TL2 last night, got some Mage up to 20 or so. It's good, haven't looked into mods yet

How many people can group together in a game? 6?

Anyways, I told CB, Phee, and Ferny to wait for me if they decide to play some Torchlight II. You and others should join in.

Also, CB, Phee, and Ferny... I don't know if I can play D2 tonight. I got 2 hours of sleep last night. I was in bed for about 5 hours and I couldn't pass out. It was messed up.

Smokey

How many people can group together in a game? 6?

Anyways, I told CB, Phee, and Ferny to wait for me if they decide to play some Torchlight II. You and others should join in.

Also, CB, Phee, and Ferny... I don't know if I can play D2 tonight. I got 2 hours of sleep last night. I was in bed for about 5 hours and I couldn't pass out. It was messed up.

Did I gift you torchlight 1? If so I meant to gift you T2.  Did you already have t2?

McNei1y

Did I gift you torchlight 1? If so I meant to gift you T2.  Did you already have t2?

You gifted me T1 which I appreciate haha. Ferny gave me T2. I owe a lot of people some DOTA stuff when I get my card.

So it sounds like we'll have more than 6 running around. I guess two groups or more.

Top Bottom