• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Ferny

I will oversee this bet and will guarantee that if someone welshes they will:

Be permed from GAF
Be banned for life from all Madden leagues and MaddenGAF experiences
He wants to include a heavy Sony region because he is not confident they can win NA. There is no bet.

McNei1y

I used this opportunity to change my bundle from battlefield to watch dogs. i dont know why i chose the battlefield one in the first place.

That's the bundle I selected from the get go. I'm getting BF4 on the PC anyway.

I don't know if I'm going to the Nats game tonight anymore so if I'm around I'll definitely be down to play some D2 or DOTA 2.

Mrbob

NA and Europe gamers basically play the same games. Why wouldn't we include both regions? I understand booting Japan because that is unfair. It's only 60 dollars, Ferny!

I'm getting the Killzone one just because I was getting the game anyways and you get $10 off a year of plus... that will put me to the end of 2015.

Of course I'm getting Battlefield also, but whatever.

Back in the PS4 bandwagon, thought you were skipping launch? We are Sony bros once more. :D

Smokey

Which cheats and exploits are people running these days to keep their Call of Duty e-peen erect?

quickscope trickshots for YouTube videos

I entertained somebody a few days ago who was kicked out of a clan because his quickscope kill cam shot was 'staged'. Now he wanted to improve his rep before 'signing' with another 'clan'. He said no YouTube 'editors' (lol) would work with him because of this etc

It was amusing and pathetic at the same time

Mrbob

The irony of Ferny backing out is he only wants to make the bet for the current MS heavy region.

But as we've seen in the past previous gen success can have zero bearing on next gen. PS2 was way more popular than 360 has ever been and Sony's screw up with PS3 hurt the system early on. PS2 owners moved on to something else. Right now 360 owners are jumping ship to PS4. As they should be. XBone is the new PS3. Not the current, awesome, revised PS3 that Sony had to put nearly 5 years of work in to fix. But early gen PS3 which sucked. It is so bad for Xbros that they are championing Killer Instinct.

it would surprise me if ps4 didn't outsell xbone. if xbone had some incredibly compelling software to separate it from ps4 then maybe the $100 would go down easy but lets be honest and say that the lineups are more or less the same.... except for killer instinct which is my most anticipated next gen game of the year but fighting games don't sell systems these days :(

Mrbob

Smokey's fantasy dream already falling apart.

Since Ferny won't make a bet unless he thinks the odds are ever in his favor, I'll accept the NA bet. Winner gets one game of his choice, up to a 60 dollar value, on PS4, XBone, PS3, 360, Ouya, Steam, wherever.

The only problem we have is keeping up with numbers, since NPD now hides them. Whoever is losing the next gen battle will not publish monthly numbers. I think Luke can grab access to the NPD report, but he'll have to keep us updated on the numbers in some fashion.

Smokey

Since Ferny won't make a bet unless he thinks the odds are ever in his favor, I'll accept the NA bet. Winner gets one game of his choice, up to a 60 dollar value, on PS4, XBone, PS3, 360, Ouya, Steam, wherever.

The only problem we have is keeping up with numbers, since NPD now hides them. Whoever is losing the next gen battle will not publish monthly numbers. I think Luke can grab access to the NPD report, but he'll have to keep us updated on the numbers in some fashion.

So you take the bet? Sometimes I wonder if you're
on Opiate s

Ferny

Europe has ALWAYS been a Sony console region just look at the numbers.

How are the odds in my favor? The PS4 has a $100 less pricepoint lol. You should win easily.

Somnia

Wait what is the time range for this bet? First year? First 2 years? We have to put a limit on this, we cant have this damn bet running for 7 years waiting for the gen to end lol

If Ferny is in I'll join in on the bet with Bob also in that Xbox will outsell PS4 in the US, not day 1 or at launch because it looks like Sony will have more stock out of the gate. So what's the time limit before I jump in on this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kNUvlXUeFI

damn killzone vita looks prettaaaaay prettay good. this summer/fall is going to bankrupt me. off the top of my head:

pikmin 3
Mario & Luigi
Madden
Killzone vita
Killzone ps4
GTA V
Wonderful 101
batman pc
batman vita/3ds (whichever turns out better)
mario wii u
zelda wii u
zelda 3ds
killer instinct
puppeteer ps3

i'm probably missing a couple and that doesn't count the actual ps4/xbone systems!

Mrbob

holy shit do you guys realize what you are wagering over

bob hath lured you in

old-spice-guy-nodding-smiling-gif.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kNUvlXUeFI

damn killzone vita looks prettaaaaay prettay good. this summer/fall is going to bankrupt me. off the top of my head:

pikmin 3
Mario & Luigi
Madden
Killzone vita
Killzone ps4
GTA V
Wonderful 101
batman pc
batman vita/3ds (whichever turns out better)
mario wii u
zelda wii u
zelda 3ds
killer instinct
puppeteer ps3

i'm probably missing a couple and that doesn't count the actual ps4/xbone systems!

Was the Zelda wii u game that "sequel" of LTTP?

Killzone PS4 has to be good, right? How many damn times can Sony let Guerilla Games make a Killzone game before they figure it out through repetition.

Also, MS Xbone indie policy is strange:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=72483191&postcount=162

This is what Keven Dent has been jacking off to on twitter? No one gives a shit about the Windows 8 marketplace. Plus put restrictions on ram usage for indie games? Good luck.

killzone 2 and 3 were excellent

Somnia

Smokey if you don't SLI these I will be disappointed

NVIDIA announces 'fastest GPU ever' for pros, the 12GB Quadro K6000

Will be over $2,250 as the K5000 goes for that much, though the drivers suck ass for gaming... but still I will be disappointed if you don't attempt it!

Smokey

Smokey if you don't SLI these I will be disappointed

Will be over $2,250 as the K5000 goes for that much, though the drivers suck ass for gaming... but still I will be disappointed if you don't attempt it!

Lolz. I no longer have sli. I sold my second titan maybe 3 weeks ago. I am now a single gpu peasant!

Somnia

Killzone PS4 has to be good, right? How many damn times can Sony let Guerilla Games make a Killzone game before they figure it out through repetition.

Also, MS Xbone indie policy is strange:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=72483191&postcount=162

This is what Keven Dent has been jacking off to on twitter? No one gives a shit about the Windows 8 marketplace. Plus put restrictions on ram usage for indie games? Good luck.

Ya that indie plan is ass. Also KZ2 and 3 were both good games. 2 had some great multiplayer and the guy who did 2's multi is overseeing Shadow's so I have hope.

Mrbob

I dabbled a little bit in Killzone 2, but it really didn't do much for me. I think it was the graphics which turned me off. Everything was so brown, drab, and industrial.

I have Shadow Fall pre ordered. I like games with a full color palette and the OWL functionality seems cool. Hope GG can deliver.

Top Bottom