• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

McNei1y

I wish you could have been in our league McNeily. Pro Combats vs. Maryland Uniforms!

I saw that. I'm glad they're adding all of those jerseys lol.

So you'd pay the price of two games if they sold two games as one?

Yeah because I think it'd be worth it. 60$ for NCAA right now is dumb. I can say that I only played NCAA for about two weeks every year I bought it. I would toss it when I would get Madden.

McNei1y

McNulty, are you OK? Making weird posts lately.

What the hell are you talking about bob.

What I'm saying is that I think NCAA should be cheaper but since it's EA Sports, they can sell it at 60$. I think it would only be worth 60$ is if it was a feature in Madden. If Madden and NCAA were the same game, then yes, I would pay 120$ for it. I can only imagine how awesome it would be if we could scout actual NCAA games.

McNei1y

I'm going to blow your mind:

You can buy Madden and NCAA for a combined $120 right this very second.

Either you guys are fucking with me or you don't understand what I'm saying. I wish Madden and NCAA were an actual COMBINED game. Not Madden 25 and not NCAA Football 2014. I mean an actual Pro and College football game on one disc. If that happened then, Yes, I would pay 120$ for a game of that quality. I would not buy/am not buying NCAA 2014 for 60$ because I don't think it's worth it as a standalone game. I never have.

I just want to know why paying $120 for two discs is not worth it, but paying $120 for the same content on one disc is suddenly worth it. He says NCAA isn't worth $60 on its own, so does that mean he thinks Madden is worth $80-$100? Otherwise shouldn't he want to pay less than $120 for both games on one disc?

I could seriously spend all day trying to figure out his logic.

McNei1y

I just want to know why paying $120 for two discs is not worth it, but paying $120 for the same content on one disc is suddenly worth it. He says NCAA isn't worth $60 on its own, so does that mean he thinks Madden is worth $80-$100? Otherwise shouldn't he want to pay less than $120 for both games on one disc?

I could seriously spend all day trying to figure out his logic.

I've always thought NCAA was a great game, don't get me wrong. I just don't think the game is worth $60. I'm not trashing the gameplay. From what I hear it's usually better than Madden's gameplay. I just think the other features that are in the game aren't necessarily worth it. Then again, as I have already said, I haven't purchased NCAA in a few years so I am saying all of this without experiencing the new features that have been created over the years. So my argument is flawed, of course.

If Madden and NCAA were somehow a joint game then I would pay $120 for it. If I were to buy a copy of Madden and a copy of NCAA right now, and pay that $120, then I would feel that I paid too much. But when I say a joint game, I mean that the features in both games intertwine. Then again, since such a thing doesn't exist, it seems odd (which I understand). I'm just imagining if a game ever did exist, it would be worth it because of the possibilities. Running a franchise with, say, The Redskins and then being able to actually scout NCAA games and players or play as those teams, etc, just seems incredible.

So what I should have said from the start is that a game that consisted of both NFL and NCAA teams could be awesome.

Mrbob

Yeah I want my 3 dollars plus change back.

Game is $29.99 at the summer sale, 66 percent off for $13.79 and right after the summer sale is over it drops to $9.99. Shady tactic seems fairly clear cut to me.

Mrbob

Game was promoted a bunch of times during the summer sale for 13.79 based off of regular price of 29.99 , then regular price drops to 9.99 as soon as the summer sale is over. What is so hard to comprehend?

I've always thought NCAA was a great game, don't get me wrong. I just don't think the game is worth $60. I'm not trashing the gameplay. From what I hear it's usually better than Madden's gameplay. I just think the other features that are in the game aren't necessarily worth it. Then again, as I have already said, I haven't purchased NCAA in a few years so I am saying all of this without experiencing the new features that have been created over the years. So my argument is flawed, of course.

If Madden and NCAA were somehow a joint game then I would pay $120 for it. If I were to buy a copy of Madden and a copy of NCAA right now, and pay that $120, then I would feel that I paid too much. But when I say a joint game, I mean that the features in both games intertwine. Then again, since such a thing doesn't exist, it seems odd (which I understand). I'm just imagining if a game ever did exist, it would be worth it because of the possibilities. Running a franchise with, say, The Redskins and then being able to actually scout NCAA games and players or play as those teams, etc, just seems incredible.

So what I should have said from the start is that a game that consisted of both NFL and NCAA teams could be awesome.

Sounds like a licensing (and potential/probable legal) nightmare and then you have people that are fans of either the NFL or the college game but not both.

Smokey

The fuck is happening over the last page? Ya'll mafuckas high? Bob makes an ass post and then turns around a becomes a bitch ass by complaining about $3 smh

McNei1y

twitch.tv

I usually use the JoinDOTA livestream list to see what's on. It's sorted by viewers so if there is a tournament going on it will be on top.

http://www.joindota.com/en/livestreams

Thanks guys. As I was telling eznark, I have always wanted to watch an entire professional game of DOTA but I have never found the time. I'll check those links but hopefully I can catch one later today. I want to know, or at least recognize, some of these people on the player cards that I'm getting.

Sounds like a licensing (and potential/probable legal) nightmare and then you have people that are fans of either the NFL or the college game but not both.

Yeah. I can imagine that there are a lot of issues that would have to be resolved before such a game was ever created.

eznark

Banned
I'm down to doter. I might try and get some early games in and figure out how to use FV. A melee carry is just so different than anything else I play he's kind of a blast.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm down to doter. I might try and get some early games in and figure out how to use FV. A melee carry is just so different than anything else I play he's kind of a blast.

Ive been playing Riki with a dual purpose. Its fun playing with invisible guys to start. But ive also noticed we struggle at times with invisible guys. Having us go against invisible guys more will help with wards and dust and all that.

Top Bottom