• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Ferny

Injuries happen anytime that's true, but having a draft a bit later helps in selecting keepers. You need to see who is getting playing time to help make that sleeper pick. I guess as long as it's going on during week 2 of preseason that's fine--maybe that Sunday at the end of week 2?

I can do the 18th then if that's cool with everyone? Since the international is done by that Sunday it may help a bit as well.

Mrbob

If we are waiting for two preseason games, shouldn't we wait for 3? I don't see a difference between this sunday and waiting until week 2 of the preseason is over. Preseason week 3 is when the starters play for real for a half. If someone gets hurt it will probably be during this time.

Ferny

If we are waiting for two preseason games, shouldn't we wait for 3? I don't see a difference between this sunday and waiting until week 2 of the preseason is over. Preseason week 3 is when the starters play for real for a half. If someone gets hurt it will probably be during this time.

Like I said before, Rors is running his after week 3. I don't want happen what happened with DCX's league where they were right around the same time and it messed it up. End of week 2 is fine.

Trasher

Works for me. Now we just have to pick a time that works for everyone. 6PM Pacific/9PM Eastern?

I fixed your avatar.

FbdoxWz.png

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fuck att seriously... Internet has been shitting out like crazy today

Edit---

Shake NP >>>>>> quantic np!

Yay no internet fuck you att

It got pretty bad for me for a while. They changed a filter and that made it way better. Though it still takes a shit every now and then.

Somnia

Man @ that ancient stack, fucking huge

Even with this TI3 stuff going on LoL still beating Dota 2 on twitch, granted I think a lot of people are watching Dota 2 in game for their courier views

I wonder if rattlesnake thinks they don't need to ban the wisp vs quantic, or if they actually think they can continue to get away with that when the real tourney starts.

Mrbob

Wasn't there a PC game from like 1995 that was pushing voxels? I can't remember the name anymore but it was getting hyped and then it disappeared.

Now voxels are going to be the new hotness again.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
crazy, the landscapes look like Planetside 2 levels. Planetside 2 needs some of this Voxel action.

Rorschach

Stuck at railroad crossing. This is the longest train of all time. Holy moses!

Edit: I gotta look up the record for longest train when I get back.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Leshrec meshes well with the hero's you guys pick. I can still be effective and push down towers quickly while being full support.

TheCrow

Leshrec meshes well with the hero's you guys pick. I can still be effective and push down towers quickly while being full support.

You got off some great stuns when opponents surrounded me. Allowed me turn some of those fights around. Plus edict melts towers.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Wasn't there a PC game from like 1995 that was pushing voxels? I can't remember the name anymore but it was getting hyped and then it disappeared.

Now voxels are going to be the new hotness again.

Outcast

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news-updates-gameplay/article/nhl-14-online-modes-improvements
EA SPORTS Hockey League Online Seasons

New this year, NHL 14 adds the best-in-class promotion and relegation system in the sports category to the EA SPORTS Hockey League modes. Win games and advance to the next division to face tougher competition, but fall short and be bumped down. Teams will be able to track their progress across multiple seasons.

The Seasons HUB is the central location to view Seasons stats and get into a Season or Playoff game. Season progression and club history is tracked on this screen.

Playing through an OnlineSeason

Just like the real NHL, teams will get points for playing through each game. At the end of a Seasons game, the Seasons Progress Report screen shows goals needed for the club to reach the next level. A season can be up to 10 games in length; however a season can end early if a club does not have enough points to reach their next goal in the amount of games remaining.

Once the Season has been completed, the Season Progress Report screen will show the results (Division Title/Promotion/Division Held/Relegated)

Divisions

Clubs have to qualify to compete in one of 10 divisions, grouped into Playoff Cups.

The ultimate goal is to work up through the divisions, winning Playoff Cups, earning Division Titles and finally claiming the coveted League Title Trophy.

Playoffs

In NHL 14, the playoff experience will last longer and be more frequent. NHL 14 introduces weekly playoffs within EASHL. Double knockout playoffs are included, so each club can retry their playoff run once per window.

Matchmaking in EASHL Club Seasons

The new EASHL Club Seasons includes matchmaking by division standing. Clubs with similar experience playing Seasons will find themselves with more evenly-rated matchups than before. Also, matchmaking in Playoffs will help identify an opponent within the same Playoff Cup.

Club Challenges

Based on the community’s feedback, NHL 14 will allow ranked challenges if the clubs are within two divisions of each other (number of divisions is server tunable). Clubs can still send challenges if they are not within the allowable division limits, however these will be unranked challenge games.

Hockey Shop

The Hockey Shop has changed the way items are purchased for NHL 14. Rather than buying specific items, like Speed +5, you now buy a voucher that can be redeemed for any item of that given type. As you can see in the Voucher Inventory, a user can purchase vouchers for +3 Boosts, +5 Boosts, +7 Boosts, Equipment Slots, and Boost Packs.

Edit Attributes

In NHL 14, attribute caps are shown for all player types. The user cannot exceed the cap by adding XP, and they cannot exceed the cap by applying a combination of XP and PULC boosts. Going over the cap will highlight the stat category in red and prompt a message about having unused boosts applied when attempting to back out and save.

Improved Online Team Play (OTP) Flow

New for NHL14, the Online Team Play user flow has been streamlined and merged with the position select screen. Once matched up into a drop-in game session, users will see that they have been taken into a Side Select screen that now also shows positions that can be chosen.

This is different from NHL 13’stwo-step process (first select side, then a ‘race’ to select position). The goal of this improved flow is to minimize users quitting out from the OTP flow because they were unable to select the position that they wanted.

Some good additions here

Mrbob

I don't like that Soka has been influencing my gaming choices lately. I stayed up way too late playing Civ 5 last night, and I'm also going through Persona 4 Golden.

On the road right now, hoping the portable Twitch app works as well as it did yesterday. Need to keep up on Doto action today since this is when the real deal starts.

I see the match ups on join dota, how exactly does this break down? I watched a recap of last years international and noticed it had 8 teams in a group and the top 4 teams moved on. Same way this year? How are wins/losses tracked? Per game or per series?

Top Bottom