• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Mrbob

There has been a long build up to the international 3. You can get pro player cards as drops after matches which tells you their favorite heroes, best matches, among other things. In the past week I've learned quite a bit about others teams. Been watching some Sing streams too and becoming a fan. I find him funny.

Start with the International 2 recap Valve created from last years tournament:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqk9C1wVT0U

There has been a long build up to the international 3. You can get pro player cards as drops after matches which tells you their favorite heroes, best matches, among other things. In the past week I've learned quite a bit about others teams. Been watching some Sing streams too and becoming a fan. I find him funny.

Start with the International 2 recap Valve created from last years tournament:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqk9C1wVT0U

Sounds like you want to bang some of these players!

Sokantish

I don't like that Soka has been influencing my gaming choices lately. I stayed up way too late playing Civ 5 last night, and I'm also going through Persona 4 Golden.

On the road right now, hoping the portable Twitch app works as well as it did yesterday. Need to keep up on Doto action today since this is when the real deal starts.

I see the match ups on join dota, how exactly does this break down? I watched a recap of last years international and noticed it had 8 teams in a group and the top 4 teams moved on. Same way this year? How are wins/losses tracked? Per game or per series?

Civ V GOTG

Somnia

OMG so much fucking Dota what do I do?!?!?!

tumblr_mcfoxvFkOR1rw5melo1_500_zps557d5843.gif

BigAT

What does it mean that dota2 prelims are best of 2? that doesn't even make sense.

"Best of 2" is really a dumb phrase and I wish these tournaments would stop using it. It's group stages and they do a round robin where each team plays two matches against every other team to determine the standings.

Mrbob

Someone explain Sing to me. He is a pro Dota gamer but isn't part of any team?

I notice he is commentating on games again today.

BigAT

Someone explain Sing to me. He is a pro Dota gamer but isn't part of any team?

I notice he is commentating on games again today.

He's former Mouz, former QPAD (which I guess isn't even a team anymore) and is now a member of Kaipi.

Is Sheever twelve years old or something? This is terrible.

Luke/AT put her to shame and they've cast like 3 games in their lifetime.

You'd think there would be a better option for the 4th casting team but i guess not. I will nominate Luke/AT for TI4!

edit---

Orange and Liquid both getting rolled... not a good day for my TEAMS

Lifestealer is going to get hit hard with the nerf stick after TI3

omg this shit is so fun bouncing around all these streams with all these teams playing. Feel like a kid in a candy store!

edit---

scythe of vyse on NP in the Alliance game

Need it. Want it. Gotta have it.

Mrbob

Yup. That's why I'm watching the Sing stream.

The in game announcer voice was bugging me, sounded so familiar. Couldn't place it until now. It's the guy from Bastion, isn't it?

BigAT

Glad Liquid was able to take at least one game of the set, they're going to have bigger problems than VP though. They didn't even look that great in the win either.

Glad Liquid was able to take at least one game of the set, they're going to have bigger problems than VP though. They didn't even look that great in the win either.

Yeah played scared almost...

Korok getting caught out stupidly a few times as well as the hard carry alch. One was madden gaf tier. VP just gave up a T1 on the other side of the map for free and there was no VP on the map. Korok pushes out the 'safe' lane solo to farm with no vision. Free gold for VP :/

Top Bottom